• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Borders v Northampton - Pool 6

A

An Tarbh

Not been the best of seasons for these 2 sides with them propping up the lower ends of their domestic leagues but contrasting fortunes in the HEC as Northampton are the best placed side to pick up a runner-up spot should they get the 5 points at Netherdale this Sunday.

Don't think though that we'll be seeing Keith Barwell's prediction coming true though.

Even with the academy playing we'll pick up the five points. Proberbly be more likely to get 5 with the academy instead of the first team, come to think of it. at least they can play like a team

You're right about Barwells prediction though. Sadly. :(

Can I just emphasise just how retarded it is that England's 2nd most shittest team in top flight competition gets to go through to the last eight?

Does anyone find that this is like the ultimate example of how weak the seeding system of the HC is? XD

Considering we usually get drawn in ******* tough groups for the HC it's about time we got a bit of luck.

You'll start to feel that way when your side manages to make it into Europe consistently. ;)

The seeding system is a joke, Ulster were the no. 1 seeded Irish side yet they get Toulouse, Llanelli and London Irish, while Munster seeded 3 get Leicester, Cardiff and Bourgoin, a far easier pool.

I doubt they'll start messing with the pool seedings cause it would probably mean more teams from the same country in the same pool which is always something the ERC want to avoid.

Considering we usually get drawn in ******* tough groups for the HC it's about time we got a bit of luck.

You'll start to feel that way when your side manages to make it into Europe consistently. ;)
[/b]

Don't worry, you won't get in next time like the way you did last year (i.e. get a couple of fluke wins to grab the last HC place)...

..actually you won't get in at all! next time! :lol2tn:

Never fear however, next HC, Sarries will show you how real men play scrabble :D

Like I said, don't worry about it. ;)

I'm sure your team will appreciate having the extra weekend off anyway :D

well not really considering you play the same amount of games in the Challenge Cup.

well not really considering you play the same amount of games in the Challenge Cup.
[/b]

Yeah but seriously, they're considered walks in the park..that is until they meet another side from the ML or the GP.

This tie has been switched to Murrayfield because of a waterlogged pitch at Netherdale and will kickoff at 5pm.

At least some common sense being used by the ERC and avoiding the farce that was the Newcastle Leinster match a couple of years back.

and with his second try comes the bonus for Northampton and qualification is looking pretty assured for Saints now.

at the game, which was moved from netherdale to edinburgh, there were more northampton supporters than there were borders supporters! :D

They were saying on the radio that Northampton fans were in short supply because a couple of the coaches didn't turn up; Apparently the drivers didn't know where Murrayfield is! :lol:

Anyway, really glad I didn't drive up now as originally planned; I'd be on my way back until god knows what hour AM... :eek:

Saw the highlights - has Ben Cohen stolen that sidestep from some unknown, talented player? Thought he was a straight line guy! And England have just dropped him!!!!!

England rugby is bananas :bana: When they switch to regional teams, will there be a scouser unit? :%#%#:

Latest posts