• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Boxing Thread

Is that pic of Jay-Z and Barry Chuckle ringside real? Lol (aww it's fake).

wilder is really the only other option unless Fury comes out of retirement.

Parker lot would be stupid to try and get him a fight.

Best £20 I ever spent.

Cracking fight. Old Vlad surprised me but he is a true boxing great. I honestly thought it was over for AJ in the 6th but he got back up and finished it in the 11th. Really seemed to find his second wind.

Has to be Wilder next. Sorry Kiwi's but Parker wouldnt last 3 rounds against AJ

I still don't know how AJ stayed up at the end of the 10th round when he took a big right from K to the side of his head; I think he also got a right in that hit K at the same time. That seemed a bigger shot than the one which floored him in the 6th round.

Highlights of fight on Stuff website.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-...defeats-wladimir-klitschko-defends-his-***les

Last edited:
Best £20 I ever spent.

Cracking fight. Old Vlad surprised me but he is a true boxing great. I honestly thought it was over for AJ in the 6th but he got back up and finished it in the 11th. Really seemed to find his second wind.

Has to be Wilder next. Sorry Kiwi's but Parker wouldnt last 3 rounds against AJ

It was a classic fight and awesome for boxing alright.

I agree AJ would be a huge favourite against Joe and Joe would need to land the punch of his life to take out AJ but wouldn't fighting Joe next make more sense?

Wilder IMO is a terrific and underrated fighter and I might even make him a favourite against AJ. Fighting the easier fight next ie Parker and letting the tougher fight simmer might make it a bigger fight.

I know its the heavyweight division and letting fights simmer isn't always the wisest move but that's what I would do

I still don't know how AJ stayed up at the end of the 10th round when he took a big right from K to the side of his head; I think he also got a right in that hit K at the same time. That seemed a bigger shot than the one which floored him in the 6th round.

Highlights of fight on Stuff website.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-...defeats-wladimir-klitschko-defends-his-***les

I had visions of Rocky Freeze Frame.

I had visions of Rocky Freeze Frame.

They've taken the video down now. But still loads on YouTube of the fight. Couldn't stop watching them yesterday. The fight really reignited my passion for boxing.

Just reading online who AJ's next opponent will be in October/November. Looks like he will wait to see if WK exercises his rematch option. Otherwise if he doesn't a mandatory ***le defence Pulev ( but won't make much money). Just hope AJ doesn't start dropping his belts just to chase the money.

My one other thought about AJ is how poor his left jab is for someone with a reach of 82 inches. He needs to get someone on board to develop this to really soften his opponents, as his right fist is a bomb that'll knock out any heavyweight in this division.

Last edited:
Watched the Parker fight this morning and it was just a sparring session. He's got good hand speed, but wonder if he has the knockout punch to hurt the top heavyweights - AJ, Wilder, Fury, etc.

Last edited:
Wow that Parker really looks the real deal. Managing to beat his sparing partner after 12 dull rounds. Seriously he has to be the worse heavyweight champion of modern times.

Pretty crap fight last night.
I mean Canelo is incredibly impressive, but as a fight it was just him going 50% vs a heavy bag. Completely outclassed Chavez who, realistically, didn't look interested whatsoever. He just turned up for his paycheque.
GGG announcement is exciting, though. Especially as it (apparently) has thrown a spanner in the McGregor/Mayweather fight (it was, apparently, pencilled in for the date that they've just announced the GGG/Canelo fight).

Pretty crap fight last night.
I mean Canelo is incredibly impressive, but as a fight it was just him going 50% vs a heavy bag. Completely outclassed Chavez who, realistically, didn't look interested whatsoever. He just turned up for his paycheque.
GGG announcement is exciting, though. Especially as it (apparently) has thrown a spanner in the McGregor/Mayweather fight (it was, apparently, pencilled in for the date that they've just announced the GGG/Canelo fight).
Still be surprised if this happens. Canelo has ducked GGG already even gave up a belt to avoid fighting him

Very true, but then at the same time
mCId3zHmvi2JO.gif

He already lost to Mayweather, didn't he?

I dunno, I feel like it's gonna happen. Canelo wouldn't have had him in the ring otherwise, it's not like he's got a boss who's pulling his strings and forcing it, it has to be a conscious decision on his part to get the ball moving.

Also, he might be worried about losing his (almost) unbeaten record but I wonder whether all the chat of him being scared of fighting GGG is making him worry for his legacy too.

He already lost to Mayweather, didn't he?

I dunno, I feel like it's gonna happen. Canelo wouldn't have had him in the ring otherwise, it's not like he's got a boss who's pulling his strings and forcing it, it has to be a conscious decision on his part to get the ball moving.

Also, he might be worried about losing his (almost) unbeaten record but I wonder whether all the chat of him being scared of fighting GGG is making him worry for his legacy too.
Good old fashioned fear then. GGG is one of the most brutal fighters ever to grace the ring and Canelo is rightly worried unless the pay day is right and GGG only attracted PPV twice in his career both times because nationality of the guys he was fighting attracted it not him. It's a risky fight if the money isn't right

Wow that Parker really looks the real deal. Managing to beat his sparing partner after 12 dull rounds. Seriously he has to be the worse heavyweight champion of modern times.
He would batter Prince Charles Martin, the bloke AJ won his strap from

Good old fashioned fear then. GGG is one of the most brutal fighters ever to grace the ring and Canelo is rightly worried unless the pay day is right and GGG only attracted PPV twice in his career both times because nationality of the guys he was fighting attracted it not him. It's a risky fight if the money isn't right
GGG is bloody good but thats a tough ask to rate him that highly, he has mostly beat on bums.
I fancy him to beat the smaller (and basically made to order to order for GGG's style) Canelo in a entertaining but one sided fight.

You pom's never rate him but I am telling you Christopher Livingstone Eubank Jr is all wrong for GGG and stops him late, too much speed and volume.
Canelo has fast hands but stone feet and he has no work rate and a 50p gas tank, Canelo is used to beating on smaller men and GGG is too big!

CEJ is just as big as GGG and he has the best gas tank in the business, and hand speed that will cause GGG huge problems.

GGG is bloody good but thats a tough ask to rate him that highly, he has mostly beat on bums.
I fancy him to beat the smaller (and basically made to order to order for GGG's style) Canelo in a entertaining but one sided fight.

You pom's never rate him but I am telling you Christopher Livingstone Eubank Jr is all wrong for GGG and stops him late, too much speed and volume.
Canelo has fast hands but stone feet and he has no work rate and a 50p gas tank, Canelo is used to beating on smaller men and GGG is too big!

CEJ is just as big as GGG and he has the best gas tank in the business, and hand speed that will cause GGG huge problems.

Well GGG wanted the fight but the Eubanks for all intensive purposes were being a bloody pain about it hence the reason Kell Brook took the fight

Sorry Kiwi's but Parker wouldnt last 3 rounds against AJ

I would say that most Kiwi's are under no illusion that Parker is good enough to be a world beater.
He's kind of like the best of the rest (a bit like Everton?)
He's not in the same size league as Joshua and would probably struggle against David Hay.

Mayweather vs McGregor confirmed for Aug 26th.
I'm already tired of it.

Hopefully the ufc has the balls to strip McGregor's belt, but they don't.

Latest posts