• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Boxing Thread

Against a tougher opponent they may well have pulled him out but they probably just concluded 'It's only fat boy so let's just charge ahead". They would also have been aware of the fall out as thousands of Brits had already paid a lot in flights and hotels to be in NYC for the fight.

Surely it would have made sense to let the medics decide after the concussion tests/examinations.

Is anyone liable for that in boxing, sounds reckless? Presume AJ is self employed.
State Athletic commission, presumably.
MMA fights have been cancelled in the past when commissions have stepped in and not cleared someone to fight.

Artem Lobov beating Paulie Malignaggi in bareknuckle is straight up hilarious

"I got hit with one punch" while he has three open wounds on his face

Two deaths in three days.

I like watching a good dust up as much as the next man, but sometimes we forget how bloody dangerous it is and it becomes harder to argue against those who want it banned.

Just as tragic is the death of Barry McGuigan's daughter from cancer at just 33.

Condolences to all the families.

Eddie Hearn made a huge deal about Big Baby Miller failing a drugs test. Claiming he was endangering AJ and a monumental cheat etc etc. I wonder if he'll take the same stance with his own fighter. If they knew about the A sample before the fight and went ahead regardless then people (including Hearn if he knew) should be hung out to dry.

A boxercise instructor could KO Logan Paul/KSI back to back
Their technique is straight up embarrassing - and they're getting 900k each before sponsors/PPV!

A boxercise instructor could KO Logan Paul/KSI back to back
Their technique is straight up embarrassing - and they're getting 900k each before sponsors/PPV!

It was like two pub teams playing each other live on Sky Sports.

Just shows what can be done when you combine media hype and the casual fan and label it as a boxing match.

Ruiz weighed down in 3 Stone heavier than AJ. AJ going for mobility and dragging it into the later rounds I think and must use his longer reach and jab to control the fight.

He doesn't need to go for knockout and get caught like he did last time going for the blockbuster finish to make his mark on his American debut.

AJ looked very low on confidence in his interview on Gloves off with Andy Ruiz and i forget the British guy who did the interview not too long ago.

AJ looked very low on confidence in his interview on Gloves off with Andy Ruiz and i forget the British guy who did the interview not too long ago.

Yeah Carl Froch in the times today seeing only two outcomes: Ruiz by knockout or AJ on points. He called AJ "manufactured" whereas Ruiz is a more natural boxer as he's been boxing since 5. Questions will always be there about AJ's chin. He Gets caught again by big punch by Ruiz then it could get ugly again for AJ. Great defence can be taught, but not taking a big punch.

If i had to put money on it, i think Ruiz will win. He is looks on top of his game.

Latest posts