• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Boxing Thread

Tough to say,
Fury the significantly better boxer, and Wilder left his camp in a huff after the last fight so is with a new coach.....however he still hits like a truck, so could just finish it in the first exchange if something gets through

4am, probably closer to 5am our time Sunday morning. Hmmm to get up for it or not? I hate times of Vegas fights.

My money is Fury to get embarrassed
Apparently he's 20lbs heavier than the last fight and it will be fat.

He's a better boxer but can he move around at that weight?

Wilder bulking up and bragging about how much weight he can lift now is an odd one - that's gonna make his cardio even worse than before, and slow him down too

OK watched what highlights I can find after listening to the live stream this morning and my thoughts are as follows:

1. It was bloody entertaining
  2. Both fighters didn't show great skills. Wilder in particular had a terrible defence.
  3. The first 5 rounds were very competitive, after that Fury was teeing off on Wilder at will.
  4. The fight should have been stopped in the 7th or 8th round. Wilder took far too much punishment.
  5. Fury is a ******* tough fighter.
  6. Wilders lack of sportsmanship at the end was disappointing but predicable. What respect I had for him during the fight disappeared after that.
That's it really. An exciting if somewhat predictable fight.

Yeh hopefully BT sport will put the full fight on YouTube in the next week or so. Will post up if it comes on my feed.

Someone posted it on the boxing subreddit:

Fantastic fight, Wilder looked much better than I expected, but Fury is just a level above and didn't even fight a perfect fight, still room to improve

Think the people calling it the greatest fight ever were probably caught up in the excitement of watching it live, if wasn't really as even as the tweets etc. made it out to be

I hate rematch clauses - I wanna see Wilder vs Joshua and Fury vs Usyk but it'll be literally years before that materialises
Though, tbh, I think it's easy work for the two fighters from last night - Wilder will run through AJ and Fury ain't losing to anyone

Larry's unofficial score?? WTF what fight was he watching?

Credit to Fury he owned Wilder in that fight. Liked they had punches landed as the fight wore on. Showed the huge gulf between the two.

Last edited:
Someone posted it on the boxing subreddit:

Fantastic fight, Wilder looked much better than I expected, but Fury is just a level above and didn't even fight a perfect fight, still room to improve

Think the people calling it the greatest fight ever were probably caught up in the excitement of watching it live, if wasn't really as even as the tweets etc. made it out to be

I hate rematch clauses - I wanna see Wilder vs Joshua and Fury vs Usyk but it'll be literally years before that materialises
Though, tbh, I think it's easy work for the two fighters from last night - Wilder will run through AJ and Fury ain't losing to anyone

We'll see if Fury loses to anyone ;)

He's finally talking of retiring. Probably should have done after getting knocked out by Canelo. He had Fast hands but ultimately his punch resistance was lacking at the very highest level.

He's finally talking of retiring. Probably should have done after getting knocked out by Canelo. He had Fast hands but ultimately his punch resistance was lacking at the very highest level.

I wonder if Khan's punching power has waned with age as he didn't seem to trouble Brook last night when he did connect. Only six rounds but it was a proper tear up - no dancing around the ring to avoid getting hit.

Latest posts