• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Brad Thorn

They interviewed him on the Rugby Club this week, he's some man!
Said he feels as fit/fresh as ever and will see where the road takes him after another season in Japan.

They interviewed him on the Rugby Club this week, he's some man!
Said he feels as fit/fresh as ever and will see where the road takes him after another season in Japan.

I have a hunch that he's not enjoying rugby in Japan as much as he thought he would. I remember watching an interview of him after he played for leinster's A's against Connacht and he seemed delighted to finally be playing rugby with some decent tight play.

Yeah, he was talking about the game vs Clermont and said he thrives off of environments/games like that.

Yeah, he was talking about the game vs Clermont and said he thrives off of environments/games like that.

Brad Thorn for the Top 14 next season? I'm sure Toulouse would be happy to pay for him...

Just to point out if we win today Thorn will become the person to have won the Heineken Cup, Super Rugby and the World Cup. No matter what by the end of today someone will be the third to have won the Heineken Cup and Super Rugby, as Pedrie Wannenburg won the Super 14 with the Bulls. The other two are Rod Kafer and Doug Howlett.

Just to point out if we win today Thorn will become the person to have won the Heineken Cup, Super Rugby and the World Cup. No matter what by the end of today someone will be the third to have won the Heineken Cup and Super Rugby, as Pedrie Wannenburg won the Super 14 with the Bulls. The other two are Rod Kafer and Doug Howlett.

This has been mentioned previously, even in the opening post.

Thorn is a true legend. All those accomplishments plus took a year out of pro sport. Proper old fashioned policeman and a decent ball carrier too.

Oldest player to win it and to appear in the final as well. Now down with Ospreys!

Leinster were shrewd signing him. Don't remember who from Clermont went through near line in semi final near end and I'd say only a handful of player could manage it but Thorn had strength to stop him dead from full tilt and it was definitely a match saving act

Latest posts