TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
_47753456_brent1.jpg

New Sale head coach Mike Brewer has begun the overhaul of Sharks' playing staff by releasing Brent Cockbain.

The former Wales and Lions lock, 35, will leave Edgeley Park along with wingers David Doherty and Dafydd James and flanker Luke Abraham.

Brewer has told director of rugby Kingsley Jones his duties will be long-term squad planning, the academy, spotting new players and development.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/my_club/sale/8653779.stm

Luke Abrahams is a good player!
Just plagues with injury recently - he's a very good impact sub

Cockbain is good as a bit of experience, but we've got other second rowers, and some coming through (such as James Gaskell <3 )

Dafydd James was only with Sale for a couple of games, so no real loss there, as he was only there to cover injury. Rumour has it Oriol Ripol is retiring at the end fo the season, so that'll leave us lacking on wingers again

No loss there.

It will be interesting to see who comes into the squad now, it needs strenghtening.

I don't know, i read it last night on the sale fans forum,
Probably just someone heard he wasn't going to be at Saints next season and jumped to conclusions

Would be a big help considering we've lost 3 locks now

Ah, that's be the same Sale forum where H's dad (or whatever his name is) says Foden is going back every 5 minutes. Gotcha!

Latest posts