• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Brett Lee in Hospital

G

getofmeland

Australian fast bowler Brett Lee has been admitted to hospital with a suspected knee infection and is a doubt for the third Ashes Test on Thursday.

Lee experienced swelling and discomfort in his knee and was taken to hospital on Monday for tests and treatment.

He took four second-innings wickets at Edgbaston and almost batted Australia to victory with an unbeaten 43.

Australia are already set to be without Glenn McGrath at Old Trafford while he recovers from torn ankle ligaments.

He's lucky not to have a broken hand after that brutish delivery from Flintoff!

Bloody hell. Without Lee and McGrath Australia will lose this test. Who the crap hurts their ankle by standing on a cricket ball? It has cost us one game so far, and I'd bet on the next one too.

Not looking too bad for the Aussies now with McGrath taking part in the final training session before the thrid test and Lee has been passed fit to play.

England will probably go in unchanged despite some soundings that Tremlet may come in for Hoggard.

I don't think McGrath will play, I reckon it's just a bit of spin from the Aussie camp getting him onto the training pitch. Simply a ploy to try and spread a bit of doubt in the England camp.

Latest posts