• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

bring back wendell

M

Maison

well does he?? i personally think it is abit harsh seeing as he it is not a peformance enhancing drug! and he got no warnings but i do belive he should of been punished by a pay cut and by actually helping him with his addiction such has taking the money from his salary and sending him to rehab but i know this is old news but thats is my point of veiw, whats yours?

He's a professional athlete. For me, all the old cliches about being a role model for supporters (especially youngsters) apply. I'm glad the IRB actually took some hardline action for a change and make an example of him.

yea i think he should of been punished but the way the did it dosent help his addiction if anything it make him depressed and more lickly to do it again and wendell was in his best form if his life well in rugby union that is!

Fantastic league winger who won everything.....very good rugby winger.....but not quite the same heights in rugby as he achieved in league.....unfortunately this drug issue has plummeted him even further down in the annals of rugby.

I think even Wendell doesn't believe he has what it takes to be more than just a good rugby wing.....so calling for him to come back may be a bit like that bring back Jonah debate......just a little bit better.

Generally it seems the public just can't be bothered anymore with Wendell because he doesn't stimulate their imagination. At least Jonah had us waiting in anticipation....even past the obvious that said he was a long time gonner lol!

yea but if you see him play he gets the worst ball and everyone expects him to break out of everytackle everytime but by international standereds he is good enough to play for the wallabies and he has 1 of the most linebreaks in the whole super 14!

Possibly a punishment that Jo Bloggs would have got in the public might have been enough, along with fine/stand down from rugby. Allowed to then come back, why not, but then it does set a precedent...

Well, what's the actual story right now? I thought he'd be switching back over to League...could he? I mean he's banned from Union, not League, right?
I'd love to see him back...I liked watching him play, and he definitely caught my attention last RWC.

i'd like to see him back.

i agree about him really coming in to form at the time got banned.

i'd doubt he'd want to come back to union anyway, especially after the way he got treated. if he went back to league, i'd watch a game or two but then the novelty would wear off. same as it did with rogers.

well does he?? i personally think it is abit harsh seeing as he it is not a peformance enhancing drug! and he got no warnings but i do belive he should of been punished by a pay cut and by actually helping him with his addiction such has taking the money from his salary and sending him to rehab but i know this is old news but thats is my point of veiw, whats yours?
[/b]
lol, so we should give him a pass for breaking the rules because he wasn't warned taking an illegal substance would get him in trouble. If I shoot you can I say I wasn't warned that I would get in trouble?

I agree, cocaine is hardly a harmless little drug. Wendell got what he deserved, sure people make bad choices now and again but you have to be prepard to sleep in the bed you make. Like Dobrien says, allowing him back would set a president and is that really the message you would like sports people to send to your kids one day?

I liked his attitude, especially when he scores a try it just makes the sport more exciting.
sailor_waratahs_fist_d.jpg

No wonder he got excited when he scored a try - he was doped up to the eyeballs with crack!

took an illegal substance, he's a role model for goodness sake, of course he should be banned

Well, what's the actual story right now? I thought he'd be switching back over to League...could he? I mean he's banned from Union, not League, right?
I'd love to see him back...I liked watching him play, and he definitely caught my attention last RWC. [/b]

He's suspeneded from both. He's back sometime next year. He is tipped to sign with an NRL club, most likely St George Illawarra.

Latest posts