A

An Tarbh

<div align='center'>
Bristol.png
Sale.png

Bristol v Sale
Venue: Memorial Stadium
Date: Friday, 19 September Kick-off: 1945 BST</div>

Bristol have made five changes with Ed Barnes coming in for Kevin Maggs at inside centre and Graeme Beveridge replacing Haydn Thomas at scrum-half.

In the pack, Alex Clarke replaces Mark Irish at loose-head prop, Alfie To'oala comes in on the blind-side and Dan Ward-Smith replaces Andrew Blowers.

Mark Cueto and Kristian Ormsby both come into the Sale starting line-up.

Cueto replaces David Doherty on the wing and Ormsby plays at flanker with Dwayne Peel starting at scrum-half.

Scotland flanker Jason White is set for his first outing of the season from the bench providing he passes a late fitness test.

Bristol director of rugby Richard Hill said, "in this day and age in professional rugby there tends to be less contact in the training because people save themselves for the weekend, which is OK on the understanding that you front up physically at the weekend.

"If you don't do that then you have to go back to the old-school methods and have a bit of first team against the second team and sort it out, and that's what we've done.

"I think that's been a pretty good approach and there's been a higher intensity in the sessions in the week and we hope that the message has been put home quite clear and we get a much better performance."

Bristol: Arscott; Arscott, Brew, Barnes, Lemi, Jarvis, Beveridge; Clarke, Linklater, Hobson; Sambucetti, Budgett; To'oala, El Abd (capt), Ward-Smith.
Replacements: Blaney, Bracken, Winters, Pennycook, Thomas, Lilo, Barden.

Sale: Tait, Cueto, McAlister, Thomas, Lamont, Hodgson, Peel, Sheridan, Bruno, Roberts, Jones, Schofield, Ormsby, Abraham, Chabal (capt).
Replacements: Briggs, Turner, Cox, White, Wigglesworth, Bell, Ripol.

BBC Sport

Our problem so far has been a lack of physicality - especially in the front 5 (I blame Brain myself)... also our centres in the previous games have been off the pace but it looks that that's been dealt with.

Not long to go - c'mon Bris! :bravo:

Meh, I can see Bristol winning this if Sale don't up their game... We, if on form, should get a bonus point (no disrespect to Brizz), but I can only see us scraping a narrow win based on the past two games...

Final score: Bristol 6 - 9 Sale.

...:lol: A wins a wins a wins a wins a wins a wins a win, has been the saying for Sale fans since the start of the season.

0 tries conceded, one scored. We'll need to score one if we want to beat Glaws next week...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Sep 19 2008, 10:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Final score: Bristol 6 - 9 Sale.

...:lol: A wins a wins a wins a wins a wins a wins a win, has been the saying for Sale fans since the start of the season.

0 tries conceded, one scored. We'll need to score one if we want to beat Glaws next week...[/b]

How savage was that? Can't say you deserved the win but that's life... table looks weird, we've scored 3 tries and are bottom and you have one and are top! I'd be calling for coaches heads if you don't win the GP with that side to be honest.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rinkadink @ Sep 19 2008, 11:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
How savage was that? Can't say you deserved the win but that's life... table looks weird, we've scored 3 tries and are bottom and you have one and are top! I'd be calling for coaches heads if you don't win the GP with that side to be honest.[/b]
You have to make a case for our defence; which was superb according to the commentary; but then again you guys DID knock on the ball like, on our tryline; but so did Chris Jones in the first half... Yep, it was one of those games. Chabal taking the quick tap penalty 30 seconds from time when we had a very kickable alternative summed it up to be honest. :rolleyes:
And yeh, with a backline like that, to have only scored one try in three games is a crime. I'll take any win against Glawster, but if we lose, Phillipe's head will roll...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Sep 19 2008, 11:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rinkadink @ Sep 19 2008, 11:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How savage was that? Can't say you deserved the win but that's life... table looks weird, we've scored 3 tries and are bottom and you have one and are top! I'd be calling for coaches heads if you don't win the GP with that side to be honest.[/b]
You have to make a case for our defence; which was superb according to the commentary; but then again you guys DID knock on the ball like, on our tryline; but so did Chris Jones in the first half... Yep, it was one of those games. Chabal taking the quick tap penalty 30 seconds from time when we had a very kickable alternative summed it up to be honest. :rolleyes:
And yeh, with a backline like that, to have only scored one try in three games is a crime. I'll take any win against Glawster, but if we lose, Phillipe's head will roll...
[/b][/quote]

I think both our defences were very strong last night, disrupted the game almost as much as damn David Rose. He was awful (not the only time I've complained about him), very inconsistent and seemed to do his best to annoy both teams and supporters (disallowing our try for no apparent reason was one of the lowlights). I think a draw would have been a fair result but also feel this was a missed opportunity by Bris to get some more points on the table. It was very tense at the ground but quite entertaining even with the low score, it was a massive improvement over our abysmal performance last week - we seem to have found some fire at last.

Looking forward to the return fixture, I enjoy the away games at Sale. :)

Times Review

"The result did not reflect Bristol’s superiority."

"Bristol, who found themselves on the wrong end of the decision-making of David Rose, the referee"

Ballox, maybe my positivity over the better playing after the first two weeks has clouded my judgement (quite possibly the Guinness too). We was robbed! :( :lol:

Latest posts