• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Britain terror alert "critical"

S

St Helens RLFC

This is a bit of a step - after an attempted attack with two car bombs in London on Friday and some loon driving a flaming jeep into Glasgow airport terminal this afternoon, it would seem that something is afoot and our terror status is at the top level.

Not good.

The stupid thing is that more people seem to have been injured in a 43 car pile-up near Dover than in any of these apparent terrorist actions.

I'm not saying we shouldn't take such things seriously, but I hate the way everything is whipped up into a panic at the moment over any sign of trouble.

Thus far you have to applaud the way the authorities have handled all situations that have arisen. Even events such as the July 7th bombings last year resulted in nothing compared to what could have happened. It also seems as though police have foiled a number of suspected terror plots.

We shall fight them on the beaches until the end, but let's not have any hysterical reaction to what's going on beforehand.

i wouldnt be suprised to see a few more attacks spread out across england, this works to spread the police force out and away from london, so small attacks all over the country followed by the big deal in london is what i think is going to happen.

very forutnate for all of those people in london that by a stroke of luck they found that first car bomb, with so many vehicles in london alone it is just an absolute stroke of luck that they found that car bomb.

Now a device has been reported at a hospital, and they have had to evacuate the entire building... this happens to be the hospital that the driver of the Glasgow airport attack...

Update on this...

The device which was found in the hospital was in fact on the man suffering from severe burns... this device is believed to be a suicide belt...

So it is pretty certain that it was an act of terrorism...

Well done to the Emergency Services...

Jeez, Cardiff is CRAWLING with police today.
How many other people are getting this? Is it only in big cities?
I don't think 30 mins when by when i didn't see a police car.

Interestingly enough, didn't see one copper on any of the tube trains today in London.

Also, did anyone notice all the GAS CANISTERS packed into that Jeep Cherokee?! I'm starting to think Dan Parks might have been arriving at Glasgow Airport on a flight from his home town of FAILville, Australia.

No flights into Liverpool John Lennon airport until mid afternoon and Liverpool Lime Street closed overnight after security scares.

How many people died on the roads today?

I guess the families of those victims will be forgiven if they ignore the terror hype and attend to the real terror of death.

Anyone for a Patriot Act? It's already here, delivered by the ideological perverts in government, without regard to the wisdom of the citizens (oops - subjects of HM)!

All the pubs in Yeovil and all the takeaways have just had no parking put outside them, the places were crawling with cops on nights out more so than usual... If anyone even stopped the police were there asking for them to move on due to high security alert...

Now you would think why on earth would Yeovil be like that... well the reason is that we house the biggest military helicopter manufacturers in the UK and also we have Yeovilton which is one of the best equipped naval bases which has a high number of naval personnel there... I think I last read a document released from over 50 years ago (I know sometime ago) Yeovil was the 5th on the list of German Targets during World War 2... It was also considered a High priority target for the Russians during the Cold War...

It would be a good thing if we stopped reading newspapers - all that LOOK AT ME I'M IMPORTANT self-promotion. The alternative? People talking on the Web. Unfortunately, the Web tends to repeat the newspaper bullshit.

Yes, Yeovil is critical to national security. Especially that giant shopping centre on High Street. Many many cars-of-fire filled with heavenly virgins will be heading there to take out the UK's ability to defend itself against the zombie hoards of ... yadayadayadayadya

Calm down, dear. And don't burn your mouth on the takeaway chips.

Are you going to chat bubbles all your life or is this just a temporary lapse?

How many people died on the roads today?

I guess the families of those victims will be forgiven if they ignore the terror hype and attend to the real terror of death.

Anyone for a Patriot Act? It's already here, delivered by the ideological perverts in government, without regard to the wisdom of the citizens (oops - subjects of HM)! [/b]

No, you got it the wrong way round you un-PC racist scumbag! It should be "the wisdom of the loyal subjects (ooops - EU citizens)" :p

In any case, we have the most stringent anti-terror laws in Europe, we have a far less visible security aparatus which only reveals itself when it emerges to shoot harmless Brazillians or IRA members on holiday in Gibraltar.

It would be rather interesting if the UK had a similar setup to that of France or Spain where they have a Gendarmerie or a Guardia Civil barracks in every major town to keep order if the worst happens. You think shoot to kill and white noise was bad? In France they take you to a portacabin, strip you down and beat you with nightsticks before arresting you. Sometimes they even 'accidentally' let the finger slip on the trigger finger. What would be the reaction if the UK set up an equivelent of the para-millitary CRS in every town <strike>centre</strike> center?

I don't think we need to see a return to Diplock courts and internment, rather we should just apply the stringent laws we have now more effectively with the shadowy security aparatus we have right now.

Im really tired at the ridiculous overplaying this is all getting in the media.

Im far more worried about being stabbed in south london than I am about terrorism.

Latest posts