• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Brumbies' hotel burgled...

J

Jer1cho

http://www.sport24.co.za/Content/Rugby/Sup...s_hotel_burgled

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Durban - Laptops and cellphones were stolen from a hotel room where some players from the Brumbies team were staying, KwaZulu-Natal police said on Monday.

Superintendent Jay Naicker said the players were staying at the Elangeni hotel in Durban.

"There was no forced entry into the players room.

"Hotel management did not report the robbery and resolved to solve the matter internally," he said.

Naicker was not able to confirm when the theft took place.

The Brumbies team was in Durban to play Sharks in a Super 14 clash on Saturday. The team lost 35-14.

In addition, Brumbies lock Shawn Mackay is in a Durban hospital after being hit by a car outside a nightclub in the city in the early hours of Sunday morning.[/b]

What else is going to hit this poor team? I reckon they must think that Durban is the worst place on Earth... :(

They're definitely not having a good tour...

Hopefully they can turn things around this week against the Cheetahs and rack up a big win... then they're going to need to stay undefeated and rack up some bonus points if they want to create any chance of being in the finals...

Read that Shawn MacKay has been put into a coma for a few days. Really hope he makes a full recovery.

Man after the Brumbies tour I can't see teams complaining when their baggage is lost at the airport any time soon. I'll definitely be watching the Brumbies v Cheetahs game. Guys like Mortlock, Moore and Smith will have to set a standard and have no regard for their own safety, they know that they can't lose this game. I'm expecting a pretty passionate performance.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Maccaweeny @ Apr 2 2009, 09:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Man after the Brumbies tour I can't see teams complaining when their baggage is lost at the airport any time soon. I'll definitely be watching the Brumbies v Cheetahs game. Guys like Mortlock, Moore and Smith will have to set a standard and have no regard for their own safety, they know that they can't lose this game. I'm expecting a pretty passionate performance.[/b]

I think the opposite will happen.

The Brumbies haven't really played that badly in recent weeks... it's just the little things that have let them down...

They've been making the breaks to get into the opposition 22m but would turn the ball over due to poor handling/passing and just dumb rushed decision making...

Lealiifano has come a LONG way since the first few rounds, and Tyrone Smith has just been amazing... he's been so good for the Brumbies that I just don't think Deans can ignore him again for Timana Tahu...

They HAVE to win this game if they don't want to be an embarassment and I hope the events of this week will fire them up...

Their backrow has gone from brilliant to ordinary in the past couple of weeks and Smith is going to have to play out of his skin...

Godard is refereeing so hopefully the game won't be ruined by inept refereeing...

They're playing the Cheetahs FFS. They've lost every time 13+ I'm pretty sure, Brumbies are a safe tip at 13+

I didnt tip the Brumbies last week because they're best players were out, now Mortlocks back in I think they can get the win against a tired Cheetahs outfit coming back from their Oceania tour.

I think although the Cheetahs haven't won a game yet, this is their first game at home. As the panel on The Rugby Club said last night, who let that draw slip through? 7 rounds without a home game.
Whenever these guys play at home they're always a very different force to that on tour, and the Brumbies are less than convincing over in Africa at the moment.
It'll be an interesting game, that's for sure!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Haysie @ Apr 3 2009, 06:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I think although the Cheetahs haven't won a game yet, this is their first game at home. As the panel on The Rugby Club said last night, who let that draw slip through? 7 rounds without a home game.
Whenever these guys play at home they're always a very different force to that on tour, and the Brumbies are less than convincing over in Africa at the moment.
It'll be an interesting game, that's for sure![/b]

I know it's an insane draw for them. Talk about a baptism of fire for the 2009 season. But as you say, it setups an interesting element to the game.

Wooooooo!

Christin Lealiifano seems to be getting better with each game...

And Matt Godard is an absolute twat...

Latest posts