• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Bye Bye GP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Mar 19 2010, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Apparently Sheridans shoulder dislocation was alot worse than they first though, instead of popping out of the socket, it smashed it's way through the bone, and then when they scanned him, they found that he had damaged the other as well, so the next time he'll play it could be in The Championship[/b]

Assuming he doesn't move on, I remember Cohen saying "No matter what happens, I'll be here to make sure Northampton return to the Premiership". He was at Brive before the season started.

Don't think anyone did!
Our frontrows been poor for a while now, our scrumhalf is off at the end of the season and his games been suggesting his heads not in it (yet he got our try) and our centres, one is 19 and is there because his dad owns the club and the other is a fullback.

Either way, we're going the right way :p Just got to hope Worcester don't beat Tigers next weekend :p Then we've got them the week after at home, but we always mess up against Worcester at home. Sky have decided to televise that as well, as it's a relegation battle. Could be embarassing...but we'll have Cueto and Tait and Thomas back by then, so hopefully that'll sort things out a little

Well done Sale! It's always good to see Wasps losing :D
Now prepare to be destroyed in one hell of a hard final run.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Mar 19 2010, 10:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Don't think anyone did!
Our frontrows been poor for a while now, our scrumhalf is off at the end of the season and his games been suggesting his heads not in it (yet he got our try) and our centres, one is 19 and is there because his dad owns the club and the other is a fullback.

Either way, we're going the right way :p Just got to hope Worcester don't beat Tigers next weekend :p Then we've got them the week after at home, but we always mess up against Worcester at home. Sky have decided to televise that as well, as it's a relegation battle. Could be embarassing...but we'll have Cueto and Tait and Thomas back by then, so hopefully that'll sort things out a little[/b]

That's a point... Wuss are one of Tigers' bogey teams. They always seem to take something out of them! It's certainly as fascinating as the top end around the relegation battle this year.

One step forwards, two steps back,
Lost 38 - 0 to the Not Nots over the weekend,
Had all our internationals back as well, but according to people who went to watch, the gameplan was just give it to the forwards and smash it up until there's a turnover, instead of giving it to Peel, Tait, Cohen, Cueto (who was at 15) to run with. Looks like Kingsley Jones has been hanging out with Martin Johnson

Looking forward to an exciting running game on Friday evening, with lots of tries for both teams.

:D

Worcester will go down not Sale, mathematically it's in Sale's favour to finish just in front of Worcester!

The teams:

Sale: 15 Marika Vakacegu, 14 Mark Cueto, 13 Mathew Tait, 12 Lee Thomas, 11 Ben Cohen, 10 Charlie Hodgson, 9 Richard Wigglesworth, 8 Kristian Ormsby, 7 David Seymour, 6 Sisa Koyamaibole, 5 Dean Schofield, 4 Chris Jones, 3 Jack Forster, 2 Neil Briggs, 1 Eifion Roberts.
Replacements: 16 Mahonri Schwalger, 17 Gavin Kerr, 18 Rob O'Donnell, 19 Sean Cox, 20 Marc Jones, 21 Chris Leck, 22 Jonny Kennedy, 23 Dafydd James

Worcester: 15 Chris Latham, 14 Chris Pennell, 13 Dale Rasmussen, 12 Greg King, 11 Miles Benjamin, 10 Willie Walker, 9 Jonny Arr, 8 Kai Horstmann, 7 Pat Sanderson (capt), 6 Tom Wood, 5 Craig Gillies, 4 Greg Rawlinson, 3 Tevita Taumoepeau, 2 Chris Fortey, 1 Adam Black.
Replacements: 16 Callum Black, 17 Aleki Lutui, 18 Olivier Sourgens, 19 Graham Kitchener, 20 Chris Cracknell, 21 Ryan Powell, 22 Matthew Jones, 23 Alex Grove.

Strongest Sale side i've seen in a while. Peel is out injured atm, as is Gaskell, i'd've liked to see both of those in there, but i'm very happy that Thomas is back from injury. With him and Tait back in the game we've actually got two centres now, instead of a Fullback and fast-tracked-from-academy-because-his-dad's-the-owner ;)
Warriors have got Greg King starting at 12, and he's only just out of their academy...don't fancy his chances against Thomas :p

I'd very much like to say we'll BP win it, but whenever Sale play Worcester at home they lose, so i'd be happy with any points at all really :p

Brilliant performances from Tait, Cueto, Hodgson and Wigglesworth in the backs. Would have give MoM to Wigglesworth personally but Tait was terrific too. Maybe Sale are too good to go down.

Just watch, next week it'll be another 30-0 situation :(

Pity that Wigglesworth is leaving us, Peel is getting more and more injury prone, and our only other scrumhalves are 19/20yr old just-out-of-academy players, who aren't bad, but are more bench players, than starters atm.
Hopefully, if we get to a point where we definatley aren't going down, we can try and sign someone decent at the end of the season

A win on Friday against Newcastle at home guarantees Sale staying up (and Worcester going down) - Here's hoping!

Should be tough though, Falcolns have rested some key players, and have got free buses and free booze for travelling fans, whereas Sale had almost 4k empty seats at the last home game.
Hopefully they can get a decent crowd and get some atmosphere going as that really seemed to lift the team when they beat Wasps

Last edited:

Latest posts