• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Call Of Duty 5

damn you guys! just reading you makes me want to get that game BIG TIME now!!!! I have done my fair bit in COD4 and i thought it was decent experience for a console (coming from 5 years of Day Of Defeat!).

Getting it next week, am on Xbox360, gamertag: Enguelaz! see you there fellas!

its the nature of the red ping GG
its the network
sometimes @ 4am in the morning i struggle to find aussie/kiwi HQ matches - as there arent any
then i get grouped with uk or usa hosts and red ping
i then leave and go team deathmatch - plenty of local bait in team deathmatch

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Nov 21 2008, 02:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
GG i just found this - u must have it!!!

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/928/928980p1.html

Multiplayer delivers squad-based interaction while expanding on the Party System feature with party privacy and match-making preferences.[/b]
Yeah I had a look at the match making preferences in the private party thingy....but it only had gameplay stuff....not connection stuff...so yeah a bit disappointing.

So really...I have to just wait for people in NZ to buy COD5....which with the small population we have may take a while.  Or get some NZ friends for a private match.

Anyway...sounds like Xbox Live has got better options and stuff....obviously you get what you pay for.

Tell me GG can you hear them talk, and are they local’s â€" just trying to gauge if u get red ping from aussies too

Man it must be a pain in the ass
I guess u gotto just leave out of all games with red ping
Eventually u will find green pings if u keep trying
The patch I found out fixed a lot of online issues for aussies, so I think a lot of them will be on again, you should be able to find them….provided your red pinged matches are hosted by uk or usa folk

I find kiwi’s all the time on xbox â€" we are both the same region in terms of matchmaking

In fact I found a clan called the Anzc and got pwned!!!
I’ll pwn them in rugby if its released â€" bloody WAR NERDS!

I've only been online a couple times and I got good connections both times against allcomers.

I remember playing you a couple times at Fifa 08 and you were in the red both times. Might be your connection???.

Whats your usage like atm GG???.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Nov 21 2008, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Tell me GG can you hear them talk, and are they local's – just trying to gauge if u get red ping from aussies too

Man it must be a pain in the ass
I guess u gotto just leave out of all games with red ping
Eventually u will find green pings if u keep trying
The patch I found out fixed a lot of online issues for aussies, so I think a lot of them will be on again, you should be able to find them….provided your red pinged matches are hosted by uk or usa folk

I find kiwi's all the time on xbox – we are both the same region in terms of matchmaking

In fact I found a clan called the Anzc and got pwned!!!
I'll pwn them in rugby if its released – bloody WAR NERDS![/b]
I once played COD4 and there were these Aussie guys on...but they were Maoris..talking real hardcase Maori slang and all...like they had just arrived in Aus and went straight on the dole...anyway they were killing everyone badly online and having a bit of a life about it....they kept on calling me little gay fella haha!

i wouldnt use fifa as a guide
i was always red - EA servers dont like us and give us the big red
i played my aussie mates - red v red - makes no sense
matchmaking is different i reckon, and its accurate guide to how u are connected
i know cod5 is accurate as was cod4 - yellow is just capable - red = bullet lag: 4 green bars = hard on massacre

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Radman @ Nov 21 2008, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I've only been online a couple times and I got good connections both times against allcomers.

I remember playing you a couple times at Fifa 08 and you were in the red both times. Might be your connection???.

Whats your usage like atm GG???.[/b]
It is running quite good....have not gotten near the cap.

There is another theory that I seriously suck.....

no way GG
if you have red ping - you will always fail - you dont suck, its bullet lag

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Nov 21 2008, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
ii know cod5 is accurate as was cod4 - yellow is just capable - red = bullet lag: 4 green bars = hard on massacre[/b]
Haha..that sounds like my life story lol!

Funny thing is...there are people online who have 4 green bars and seriously can't aim lol!

I started playing COD5 with my sensitivity on insane.  I know it is a bit insane but I want to learn how to play with it like this and be able to control the aiming.  It does get frusttrating though when you actually get your aim going...fire away...and MISS because your bullets are travelling way too slow!  I suspose the good thing is that it makes good practice and you slowly get experience points anyway...even if you have a highdeath count haha!

HAHAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

I went on this morning...only four of us playing on the courtyard map.  Anyway I had full green ping and they all had one red bar!!!

Gee I was slaughtering them...now I knwo what it feels like...a few times they were just looking at me....perhaps they were firing????  Yep I think so....poor buggers.

Anyway it was a massacre.  After a while I just ran around with no fear going up to them and pounding them with bullets.

I set the dogs on them and followed the dogs to flush em out...no mercy....dogs and bullets lol!

I really felt sorry for them after a while...well actually I didn't....I was having a ball of a time with air strikes/recon planes/dogs.  My experience points were skyrocketing.

If only PS3 had the option where you could choose to play from people in your own region......damn you PS3!!!

So anyway they all did not want to play again and quit on the next game.  I joined another game and saw my bar was the one red bar and they were ALL fully green.  Ran up to the first guy....shooting away...he turns and fires back.  I die.  Kill cam again shows me firing NO bullets!!!

I suppose it was good while it lasted.  Now I am again having a hard time trying to find a game where I have a green bar.  I may try team death match instead.

IDK i didnt really like cod4 and when i got this its better then cod4 well at least thanks for that Zombie Mod lol but i still love my cod2 :)

Played it for the first time today....controls just like COD4....WW2 guns are very much like....well....WW2 guns lol! Not that I have ever held a WW2 gun but the other WW2 ***les where they use guns from that era feel pretty much the same as the guns in COD5...so I found that very cool indeed.

Anyway I went PS3 online to have a go and got shot up a few times....very much like COD4.

The thing I never understood was the autolock you have in solo player...it does not work online. Maybe this is just as well otherwise people would not have a chance if they went out into the open.

I still wish I could cheat and use the mouse and keyboard lo

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (the_boot @ Nov 23 2008, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Played it for the first time today....controls just like COD4....WW2 guns are very much like....well....WW2 guns lol! Not that I have ever held a WW2 gun but the other WW2 ***les where they use guns from that era feel pretty much the same as the guns in COD5...so I found that very cool indeed.

Anyway I went PS3 online to have a go and got shot up a few times....very much like COD4.

The thing I never understood was the autolock you have in solo player...it does not work online. Maybe this is just as well otherwise people would not have a chance if they went out into the open.

I still wish I could cheat and use the mouse and keyboard lo[/b]
Um...why are you just posting again my posts?????

Latest posts