• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Calling Auckland R2005 Players

That's great esoj and jared27 coming forward (sounds like an AA or GA meeting). Now we have 5 TRF members who have confirmed they are Aucklanders.

Chiro
GG
Mark Shaw
esoj
jared27

We can play at my house or if someone else would prefer otherwise then another location. But at my house I can get a few machines of the platform (PS2, XBox) that we feel best represents the game and a few TV's to go with them so that not too many people are watching (even though watching is often the best way to learn). Keep in mind whether if we want to make it a weekly thing or whatever, what day we would prefer to play on.

And when we are supreme players in 6 months we'll fly to Waihi, Tauranga, Christchurch and kick those other TRF members who dared to even think about challenging us before we go to S.A and England (sorry North Americans......our budget doesn't take us to third tier countries
<
) and complete our world domination.

All this before the online version
<

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Feb 6 2005, 07:43 PM
And when we are supreme players in 6 months we'll fly to Waihi
Sorry to say, but there isn't a regular flight service [edit](or any flight service at all)[/edit] between here and Auckland.
<

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Feb 6 2005, 01:22 AM
waihi a blemish on the j.a.f.az little red round ass biggrin.gif ...sth east?thats the rite but cheek rite? laugh.gif
You disgust me, the closest Waihi gets to being a part of Auckland is when the ******** come to the Coromandel or the Mount, and stop here on the way in the middle of summer [looks around for spew smilie]).

Originally posted by JJ-+Feb 6 2005, 06:52 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (-JJ- @ Feb 6 2005, 06:52 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Gay-Guy
@Feb 6 2005, 07:43 PM
And when we are supreme players in 6 months we'll fly to Waihi
Sorry to say, but there isn't a regular flight service [edit](or any flight service at all)[/edit] between here and Auckland.
<

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Feb 6 2005, 01:22 AM
waihi a blemish on the j.a.f.az little red round ass biggrin.gif ...sth east?thats the rite but cheek rite? laugh.gif
You disgust me, the closest Waihi gets to being a part of Auckland is when the ******** come to the Coromandel or the Mount, and stop here on the way in the middle of summer [looks around for spew smilie]). [/b]
Sorry JJ we didn't mean to offend you
<
Jokes!?

We love you and your site! Peace?

Haha, I'm not offended by you at all, just Chiropractors comment that implied that Waihi was part of Auckland. Peace.

hey gg still up for this?...i was thinking of the ea gamer of the year thingie theyve had in the recent years in nz...u know they travel from the sth.island all the way up to the north going to different venues(mostly malls) and finding the best gamer...i saw last years one at st.lukes but the games they were playing were ssx tricky?..and nba street vol.2...but no madden,live or fifa....hopefully this year we can play rugby 05 and whup their asses...after i beat you theyll ask me to travel with them
<
<
...and from their i plan world domination...mwa hahahaa
<

<

Yeah I'm still up
<
Still a little way before the game is released before we can get serious.

Yeah I always hated EA gamer of the year as they would play the slack games..I mean no fifa or madden?

Hey bro..why aren't you helping out with the Lomu debate in the Rugby 2001 thread under the Rugby 2005 topic?

When and where exactly is EA gamer of the year? These comps are always exciting. Did you know I was the Mangere Champion of Street Fighter 2 in '91? My mate Alan was almost on the same level and when they had the Auckland Street fighter 2 champs at Stages, Downtown, Auckland I asked him to go and qualify me in while I was at work. The night before the comp I found out that the punk betrayed me and had not entered me in! We went to the competition and all the SF2 players were wondering why I was not playing, bloody punk mate! The Auckland Champion was an Asian guy name Wilson who played at the Mid City place. After Playoffs, quarters, semis, my mate Alan was in the Final with Wilson!!! Then my soon to be ex mate Alan started doing these unbelievables which he had hidden from us (a group of us would go to the Library everyday to discuss and share ways to improve our game). In the final he showed everyone Guiles invisible throws and all which no one had ever seen..in fact, no one at that time had any respect for Guile as a character..it was a shock! Alan won the final and went off into the night with some girls (I kid you not.....after I had given him money for his entry fee and had gotten a mate of mine to drive us downtown) and he gave me just enough money for the bus home while he went to enjoy his $1000 winnings! F____!!!! I am still upset about it 14 years later!

In short...........beware Chiro if you cross me
<
mwa hahahaaaaaa
<

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Feb 15 2005, 08:41 PM
Hey bro..why aren't you helping out with the Lomu debate in the Rugby 2001 thread under the Rugby 2005 topic?
hey...i started that...u can finish...sanzars and those other losers got nuffing for show...even locksley and umosay agree with the sublime gameplay that is lomu....

hey man thats a sad story...dont worry im not like that...
<
...1000bux back then?...thats a million dollars today mate
<
...geez u mustve been gutted
<

im not too serious bout this but if there was a wider group involved..HINT HINT..cough cough...hell yeah this would b awesome...im picturing wat it would be like if we had this for lomu...but all the guys i played didnt play me again...u know..after one hiding u dont want another...only my cousins and bro were constantly with me....this is good tho ill talk to my brotha if he wants in...

im in
<

I was wondering why not have a Lomu's comp running at the same time as R2005.
I know if there was a tournament going I'd want to enter both.

I can't say how good I'd be compared to you guys, but I've played Lomu's against people pretty much non-stop until mid-last year and have always been the best against anyone I've played.
I've beaten about 25 different Southlanders I've met over the years all of who were supposedly the best of all their friends, three different guy's from Dunedin who said the same and one of my friends work colleagues from Christchurch who also said "he'd go easy on me" by 42-7.
I'm not saying I'm the best, just that I'd have the credentials to play you guys if I was at the right end of the country!

Originally posted by C A Iversen@Feb 15 2005, 09:09 PM
I was wondering why not have a Lomu's comp running at the same time as R2005.
I know if there was a tournament going I'd want to enter both.

I can't say how good I'd be compared to you guys, but I've played Lomu's against people pretty much non-stop until mid-last year and have always been the best against anyone I've played.
I've beaten about 25 different Southlanders I've met over the years all of who were supposedly the best of all their friends, three different guy's from Dunedin who said the same and one of my friends work colleagues from Christchurch who also said "he'd go easy on me" by 42-7.
I'm not saying I'm the best, just that I'd have the credentials to play you guys if I was at the right end of the country!
Iversen I can already tell you are too good for me.

I played Lomu since a week after its releaase. However my loyalties were divided between Lomu and Goldeneye where eventually I focussed on Goldeneye. Funny thing is there was this guy from Christchurch who came to Auckland with a similar though not quite as impressive record as yours on Goldeneye who I could beat but it was a struggle. You South Islanders have a bit of talent eh?

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Feb 6 2005, 06:43 PM
(sorry North Americans......our budget doesn't take us to third tier countries
<
) and complete our world domination.

All this before the online version
<
Third tier countries? Ouch. Maybe we'll just bring the pain to you and beat you in your own backyard.

Incidentally, I can just picture the conversation with my wife:

"Honey, I'll see you in a few days, I'm taking the next flight from LAX to Auckland."

"Why?"

"I gotta beat some upstarts at video rugby."

"Good luck!"

Seriously, as soon as online becomes apart of rugger games . . . very coooool . . .

Originally posted by captainamerica@Feb 16 2005, 06:40 AM
Third tier countries? Ouch. Maybe we'll just bring the pain to you and beat you in your own backyard.
<

It has taken 10 days before I got a bite. I was actually thinking of Canadian Rugby Guy and Canadian Rugger and I love Canada when I wrote that.
<

Didn't know you were married C.A. Or that you lived in L.A
<
<
Ha ha getting closer figuring out where you live
<

And you are right. When online play becomes available then we will see the North Americans with their superior I.Q beating the rest of the world as they do not lose their real rugby matches due to brains.....uh.....I better stop now.

Do you play JLR with people in America that actuaaly play? Where did you find these people?

If you haven't played JLR against other people and only like it against the computer.....well C.A, you don't know what you are missing out on with a human opponent. Totally different game, 400% better.

Originally posted by Gay-Guy+Feb 16 2005, 06:50 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Feb 16 2005, 06:50 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-captainamerica
@Feb 16 2005, 06:40 AM
Third tier countries?  Ouch.  Maybe we'll just bring the pain to you and beat you in your own backyard.
<

It has taken 10 days before I got a bite. I was actually thinking of Canadian Rugby Guy and Canadian Rugger and I love Canada when I wrote that.
<
[/b]
10 days . . . well, when you see a thread called 'Calling all Aucklanders,' us Californians tend to steer clear.

As for finding out stuff about me, huh, yeah, I'm very married. Your next bit of info might come in the next few months . . .

JLR wasn't released in the States. I knew about it before I moved to the UK, and it came out when I was there. I was a student at the time, but the only rugby player in our flat so I effectively killed everyone. Got it on PC and have played it sparingly on bad/slow PC's for the last 6 years.

I still don't have a computer worth a grain of sand, nor a chipped playstation, but I can play it from time to time (on the cruddy PC with a 4-button controller) and still enjoy it.

Lastly, I will make it a point to have a decent computer when the next Rugby game with online comes out. Then we'll see who the real champs are.

Online with XBox Live? I too have a crap computer. Though my school may be giving me a laptop (bout time).

And if we can use future technology to superimpose our faces onto players I will find it very enjoyable to smash....oh I mean tackle legally you whenever I see you running back to your own try line
<
<
..just like in real life
<
<
<
Nah jokes man, I know you played for the NRL before your career as a super hero
<

Touche?
<

you can import your face onto a player's head in the EA NHL series i think as well as This is Football on the ps2 using the EyeToy.

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Feb 16 2005, 07:16 AM
Online with XBox Live? I too have a crap computer. Though my school may be giving me a laptop (bout time).

And if we can use future technology to superimpose our faces onto players I will find it very enjoyable to smash....oh I mean tackle legally you whenever I see you running back to your own try line
<
<
..just like in real life
<
<
<
Nah jokes man, I know you played for the NRL before your career as a super hero
<

Touche?
<
NRL? Never. Well, there is that one period in my life where I don't remember anything at all so possibly . . .
<

As for getting our faces in the game, I think I'll just stick to my avitar and annoy everyone.

O.K.....I have finally finished dealing with ERO and am now free to play the game seriously. So anyone in Auckland who wants to play with me can PM me and we will hook up for some intense multiplayer action. Now the point of this is to LEARN AN IMPROVE the multiplayer aspect of the game as the only way to do this is to play multiplayer. Playing against the computer is too predictable. I completed my tri nations with SA on hard at my first attempt and I think this will be the case for all my AI tournaments.

My competition in West Auckland (in laws) are currently training everyday. I am meeting them for a tournament during the school holidays. So I need some help from you TRF members to prepare (ESPECIALLY YOU CHIRO!!! WHERE ARE YOU???). They already have at this date approximately 80 hours MULTIPLAYER experience up on me. However I have the secret weapon of TRF posts which I know they have no idea where this site is........and we seem to be the only site with hints and tips at the moment. So somebody in Auckland PM me soon to help me out
<
so I will not disgrace the reputation of TRF as my in laws know that I go to this site for discussions (though they are too computer illiterate to know where TRF is).

Give me a PM and not only will I learn off you but I promise to tell you every strategy or theory I know or am currently experimenting with on the game. Don't be afraid of my gaming reputation of the past
<
<

Latest posts