• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Calling Auckland R2005 Players

G

Gay-Guy

I know this is a bit early but I was wondering if there were any TRF members who lived in Auckland and would be interested in having a regular get together to pit our skills playing R2005 against each other.

If there are people interested then post ideas and stuff (not your personal info.....that can be done using PM) and we can start organising a competitive competition to lift our skill level when the game gets out.

Aucklanders rugby gaming levels should be the same as their real rugby levels in the world. Don't you think?
<

I guy called 'gay-guy' wanting to get together to 'play' rugby... hmmm, funny that. Is there going to being candy involved?!

Originally posted by excitation@Feb 2 2005, 01:28 PM
I guy called 'gay-guy' wanting to get together to 'play' rugby... hmmm, funny that. Is there going to being candy involved?!
Yes indeed!! It should be soooo "excitation"
<

Originally posted by Gay-Guy+Feb 2 2005, 01:36 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Feb 2 2005, 01:36 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-excitation
@Feb 2 2005, 01:28 PM
Yes indeed!! It should be soooo "excitation"
<
[/b]
I'm on the next flight out!!!! can I stay with you? It does suck that this game isn't online...

a gay-guy iz not coming to my place
<
...my mum wouldnt go for it
<
...and im certainly not going to yourz
<
....since u live in sth and i stay in west we would have to meet up somewhere south west....the motorway?

im game,i punished everyone who sat next to me that picked up a ps controll pad to play me at lomu
<
...if this has the greatness of lomu im game

ps.is ya wife a good cook?
<
<

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Feb 2 2005, 06:27 PM
a gay-guy iz not coming to my place
<
...my mum wouldnt go for it
<
...and im certainly not going to yourz
<
....since u live in sth and i stay in west we would have to meet up somewhere south west....the motorway?

im game,i punished everyone who sat next to me that picked up a ps controll pad to play me at lomu
<
...if this has the greatness of lomu im game

ps.is ya wife a good cook?
<

<
West Aucklander eh? I have to admit that I finally met my match in JLR in West Auckland. Do you play with the very secretive shrug off or have you deemed that move illegal? With the people I played with in West Auckland they all decided not to use that technique as we thought it kind of killed the game.

My wife is so the bomb cook. You may know her, she comes from West Auckland.

Looks like you have a very high standard in rugby games if you are kickling everybody. I must warn you that I am from way back old school with space invaders and though I have lost a bit of my killer edge my gaming resume in Auckland back in the days of spacey parlours is impressive (if I must say so myself
<
).

Though the whole point in this is not to just play but rather to improve each others play. So if I am thrashing you 40 nil then I will not hesitate to tell you exactly what I am doing and what I think you are doing wrong so that you may adapt your play, raise your level, which will in turn force me to raise my level to counter your new strategies, and so on and so on. Then when you go back to your boys (the ones you REALLY want to beat) they will be wondering "Where the hell did he get all these moves?"

And for now we can play JLR!!!!!! (for a week or 2 while we wait) Hang on.....I better go relearn.

Thanks Chiro....we'll give it a few weeks to see if we can get a local player base and then we'll start (and yes, that is me in the Avatar
<
)

im an o.g from central...doubt id know ya misses...i NEVA used the cheaps(as they were dubbed back in da day)...uno offloading,fending.I was addicted to its royal greatness i beat everyone with the no-cheaps rule...my brother was my only real competion as he played me on regular basis and became better as i got better.i still beat him by a good 20pts or so......hell they even hosted a fundraising gig at school with lomu challenges that i squatted everyone at....sadly over the years lost my touch with the arrival of xbox and madden and work and school and they never followed up with a quality rugby game....
<
<
....once i get my ps2 which is soon..ill pay a visit to ol time mate lomu
<
....and wait out this rugby 05 release...if its as good as lox proclaims...i told u im gay...uh..i mean game
<
<

nah but seriously wheres all our AUCKLANDERZ?......birds whistling in the background...frogs creeking......

Actually I think we may be the only 2 Aucklanders on TRF.

No fending or offloading? No I didn't mean those techniques, I meant the brush off technique from the low tackle (though you might have a different name for it). You know...the one which also is used to reset a maul.

Far out.....you must be good if you wasted everyone at school in a challenge. I would call myself good but definitely not in the elite class as I do know of players around who were in another league altogether. Still I miss the game.

When did you first start playing Lomu?

The good players at JLR that I knew eventually all shifted to Madden, though I never did. I kept believing that one day the successor to JLR would appear. Madden seemed to contain heroes from another land playing a sport that failed to capture my imagination. I mean...what is the point of being hit hard knowing you willl never be able to get them back when they have the ball?

My training partners in games have lately become my inlaws but due to inlaw complications I have to drop playing with them. That is why I am looking around. People I find are either too useless or too scared to play with me. Very sad.

Originally posted by mark_shaw@Feb 5 2005, 07:20 PM
but im str8
<

What? Afraid to be beaten by a happy person?

Come on! Join me and Chiro and we will conquer the R2005 universe!!!! (Then after we have helped each other with our gaming I will turn on the both of you
<
<
<
<
!

Don't worry....you got a month to sort out your insecurities
<

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Feb 5 2005, 08:09 PM
Maybe you mean the only two silly enough to admit that you're from that dreadful place... most hated place rugby-wise anyway!
<

i thort canturbury was the most hated? maybe because aucklanders have a little style and fasion sence we may be hated? haha

Originally posted by Dom+Feb 5 2005, 07:25 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dom @ Feb 5 2005, 07:25 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Gay-Guy
@Feb 5 2005, 08:09 PM
Maybe you mean the only two silly enough to admit that you're from that dreadful place... most hated place rugby-wise anyway!
<
[/b]
Oh come on Dom! Everytime Howlett or Roko or Mils crossess the line against France, SA, Eng, or Aus I KNOW you are smiling....to say the least.

Come on now.....admit it!

Originally posted by mark_shaw@Feb 5 2005, 07:38 PM
quiet town i presume
waihi a blemish on the j.a.f.az little red round ass
<
...sth east?thats the rite but cheek rite?
<

in answer to gg..i first started playing lomu in 97...my bro rented it out and i hated it first up(horrid graphics and i was into action/adventure type games at the time)98 we got it from our cousin...well stole it
<
....and that same year iwas at intermediate and played my first game of real scrappy rugby....i fell in love and with that fell in love wit the game...got my ass whipped by my brother and cousins on a frequent basis...but thats part of learning rite?....i grew stronger with each encounter and 99 became the best...solidified at highskool in 2001 when all my mates felt my pain
<

i got into nfl quaterback club for 64(awesome game) and graduated to madden...the thing with madden is i create all my favorite rugby players...rokocoko,caucau my wr...lomu my rb and jerry collins rolb and brian lima ss...thats why i love that game...oh and spencer my qb and i throw them in the raiders
<
....i gota box what do ya hav gg?..ps2 im guessing

Latest posts