TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale

Missed it in the game, but seen a lot of people going on about it on twitter and just seen the video.

Absolutely disgusting.
You can hear Hawkins scream afterwards.

If this was intentional, and it's hard to say it's not for me, then he should get a MASSIVE ban, and never be anywhere near an England squad again.
It's one of the worst things I've seen on a rugby pitch.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I first heard of it I assumed it was just Tigers fans stirring as per usual but bloody hellfire that is horrible. They should throw the book at him and make sure its a really big one that will hurt

Looks disgusting, and looks like he knows what he's doing. Horrible.

Shouldn't be near a Rugby pitch let stand an England squad tbh.

Don't know about this one...was expecting an armbar or something of the sort...really unsure if this was intentional

Don't know about this one...was expecting an armbar or something of the sort...really unsure if this was intentional
It does seem to divide opinion as to whether he knew what he was doing, or whether he was just pulling his arm off the ball to stop a turnover.

For my eyes:
Hawkins goes off his feet - advantage.
Whistle goes.
*delay*
Clark punches Hawkins.
Clark grabs his arm away and then leans back with it bending it way too far, then releases.

That it was clearly after the whistle makes it worse than it might be, I think.

I watched it live and thought nothing more of it. But seeing it again and again then obviously something has gone on there. The tough thing to prove is whether he inteded to do it or not.

A scumbag act from a scumbag player is my initial thought on the issue. Maybe he didn't mean it but the guy has previous form when it comes to idiotic acts on the field.

I really don't see how that could be unintentional. The whistle's gone, nobody's moving, and you don't clear people out of rucks by bending their arms around other people.

Not out of character for Clark anyway.

Yet another reason (besides him not being good enough) why he shouldn't be in the EPS.

Anyone know if this has gone to the citing commisioner? Interested to know how it would work if no officials have reported it.

I think Hawkins was still at the ground at the end of the match so with luck it is not as bad as it sounds/looks. Not defending Clark in anyway if he ment it he deserves the book being thrown at him. Proving intent will be hard as you either need damming evidence which I don't think you can say from the video. I think you would struggle to prove intent, or you need an admission of guilt and Clark is not going to say he ment it in a million years.

Criminal court wise you need a guilty act/guilty mind and I think you would have a good arguement that his actions were reckless as to damage/injury being caused. Just my opion anyway.

Any truth to rumours that Tigers might be referring the incident to the Police? Would set a precedent if they did but Clark would only have himself to blame; as shocking an incident as I have seen on a rugby field. If he i cited he will probably get a fortnight!?! Citing procedure are a joke the world over.

I doubt very very much they'll get the police involved, that was just some Tigers fans going mad on their fan forum over it.

Leicester are about the last club on earth that would involve the police, but I do believe there's a genuine case for it if they were to do so, and wouldn't be the first person to be caught so (wasn't it Greening who Rougerie sued?)

Cockerill has come out and said his bit in the press and is not a happy man. On the Tigers forums a few are up in arms and messaging the RFU etc. I think they have till Thursday to cite Clark.

I thought the citing window was 48 hours after the match ends?

If he gets away with it then it'd be ridiculous.

Edit: Just seen on the BBC they've got until Thursday, my mistake :)

Last edited:
It's the first time i've seen that in slow motion, watching the game I didn't really see the break, but I can't see how thats an accident. As someone said earlier, you don't clear out a ruck like that, the whistle had gone...why would you do it other than to cause harm.

It's a rugby matter and should be dealt with within the game, but imagine if it had happened in a bar fight or something, or even at grass roots level....the police would certainly be interested.

Anyway, I wish Hawkins a speedy recovery, he's played well when required this term.

Clark has been cited and is to be seen in front of Judge Jeff Blackett on Monday. Clark is accused of an act contrary to good sportsmanship.

Clark has been cited and is to be seen in front of Judge Jeff Blackett on Monday. Clark is accused of an act contrary to good sportsmanship.

That's good news. Like I said, I'd rather it dealt with within rugby, not a as a police matter, the game doesn't need such negative exposure. Clark was stupid in his actions, got to wonder what exactly was going through his mind when he did it.

That's good news. Like I said, I'd rather it dealt with within rugby, not a as a police matter, the game doesn't need such negative exposure. Clark was stupid in his actions, got to wonder what exactly was going through his mind when he did it.

I don't agree that it should be kept within rugby. This is a pretty serious act of foul play, something which could hold a prison sentence off the field. I would personally like to see things like this, along with deliberate gouging etc. referred to the police as well. Being banned from playing rugby just isn't enough sometimes.

Latest posts