• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Can Ajuwa make the World Cup?

khaotix

Academy Player
Country Flag
Wales
After a handul of magnificent performances for the scarlets I am starting to worry that the LLandovery star winger is being overlooked by Gatland and co. With his blistering pace, knowledge of the game and strong finishing surely he is exactly what the Welsh need to counter the likes of South Africa and the Pacific nations.

Its time for Gatland to put his money where his mouth is and pick on form. Because if the Welsh side was being picked on form then Ajuwa would be first name on the team sheet in my book (well second behind ***o ofc).

Because if the Welsh side was being picked on form then Ajuwa would be first name on the team sheet in my book (well second behind ***o ofc).
No he wouldn't.

No he wouldn't

I take it you have also read that he had a cap for Bakina Faso at under 20 level but I have it on good authority that match was just a testimonial. So false alarm thank goodness.

No. I watched Joe Ajuwa for years, week in week out, when he played for my club, Richmond in the lower leagues. At that level, he was exciting but still didn't look like he was playing too low below his ability.

Here's why he won't play for Wales:

1. He's not Welsh, he's Nigerian/ English.
2. He doesn't play for Scarlets.
3. He can't catch.
4. He can't pass.
5. He can't kick.
6. He is certainly fast, but not blistering. Halfpenny, Prydie etc. are quicker.
7. He must be getting on for 30 now.

EDIT: In fact, if you look at my sig, there's a picture of him playing for Richmond.

Wales-Craig-Quinnell-2002-03-02-Italy.jpg
Craig Quinnell has issued a come and get me plea to Gatland after 9 years out of international rugby, he says after what happened to Gavin Quinnell, it's an emotional time in the Quinnell family and he wants to cheer them up by helping Wales to win the World Cup.

Meanwhile former Scarlets beer barrel Martyn Madden is making a comeback and is line to be selected as a winger where he has been on top form of late.

Also Wales are considering lying about the nationality of Ben Castle's granny to sneak him in the World Cup squad to challenge Adam Jones.

1. He's not Welsh, he's Nigerian/ English.

his grandmother is half welsh half Bakina Faso so he qualifies.

2. He doesn't play for Scarlets.

Only just been released by the Scarlets, who knows the Ospreys might pick him up in the summer, probably Blues or Dragons will tho.

3. He can't catch.
4. He can't pass.
5. He can't kick.
6. He is certainly fast, but not blistering. Halfpenny, Prydie etc. are quicker.

I dont think you are giving him credit, Ajuwa is very fast given space. Its the insight and knowledge of the game that he brings are where his true qualities lie.

7. He must be getting on for 30 now.

Im sure he has one World Cup left in him 8)

his grandmother is half welsh half Bakina Faso so he qualifies.

Only just been released by the Scarlets, who knows the Ospreys might pick him up in the summer, probably Blues or Dragons will tho.

I dont think you are giving him credit, Ajuwa is very fast given space. Its the insight and knowledge of the game that he brings are where his true qualities lie.

Im sure he has one World Cup left in him 8)

Ajuwa is terrible, he's a good Welsh Premiership player and thats about it.

No other Welsh region will pick him up, he is shite.

He is not anything Welsh. You are talking bull.

This trolling is shocking and Id quite happy shove you in a cage with the rest of the trolling cretins that have appeared.

This trolling is shocking and Id quite happy shove you in a cage with the rest of the trolling cretins that have appeared.
Hate the game not the player dude... im dont want to argue with you, forums are for debating.

Now if you dont think that Ajuwa should be included in the Welsh World Cup team then you may contribute to my thread in a structured yet friendly manner and I will be happy to debate your points but if you are to accuse me of being a troll for having my own opinions then I ask you to please ignore this thread and move along.

You may have 5000 more posts than i do but it doesnt give you any more right to an opinion than myself.

EDIT: In fact, if you look at my sig, there's a picture of him playing for Richmond.
Nice sig 8)

Ohhhh thank God you're joking. After reading the first post in this thread I thought you might be serious!!

Ajuwa was not even first choice for the Scarlets, rather see Richie Mustoe play for Wales than Ajuwa.

Hate the game not the player dude... im dont want to argue with you, forums are for debating.

Now if you dont think that Ajuwa should be included in the Welsh World Cup team then you may contribute to my thread in a structured yet friendly manner and I will be happy to debate your points but if you are to accuse me of being a troll for having my own opinions then I ask you to please ignore this thread and move along.

You may have 5000 more posts than i do but it doesnt give you any more right to an opinion than myself.

Nice sig 8)

It clearly does...

Just saying...

Plus his name is blue. That's a lot more blue than you.

Jokes.

CDF_scarlets_v_ulster_03.jpg

the guy with two of the fattest legs I've ever seen is doing well for London Welsh though isn't he Cymro?

Yep scoring quite a bit to be fair this season.

In League - 14 apps and 9 tries
Overall - 18 apps and 11 tries

Back at Welsh now is he? wonder why he's so keen on the Welsh...

Good for him to be doing well there, as I understand it he left us (Richmond) a few years back to go and play for Welsh and came back a few months later with his tail between his legs. Next thing I knew, he was off playing for Llanelli!

Latest posts