• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Canterbury Crusaders v NSW Waratahs

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
I'm going for the 'Saders... the last thing we need is to inflate the Tahs' egos...
[/b]
predicting that the Waratahs will (and should) lost at nearly every turn of the competition.
[/b][/quote]

No, I tip against the Tahs every week despite whether I think they'll win or lose... :bleh!:

And what Australian rugby doesn't need is more pushing from NSW circles for Phil Waugh to be Wallabies captain. [/b][/quote]

that definetly cannot happen... smith> waugh
in my opinion smith is a far more mature captain that waugh

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
I'm going for the 'Saders... the last thing we need is to inflate the Tahs' egos...
[/b]
predicting that the Waratahs will (and should) lost at nearly every turn of the competition.
[/b][/quote]

No, I tip against the Tahs every week despite whether I think they'll win or lose... :bleh!:

And what Australian rugby doesn't need is more pushing from NSW circles for Phil Waugh to be Wallabies captain. [/b][/quote]

that definetly cannot happen... smith> waugh
in my opinion smith is a far more mature captain that waugh
[/b][/quote]

hmmm... I wouldn't really want Smith captaining the Wallabies (although he has definately matured over the past couple of years), but he's certainly a far superior player... however, he definately leads by example...

I think Waugh is a great leader for the Tahs, and a great player... but I don't think we should be sacrificing talent in the Wallabies so NSW can boast having the Australian captain.

One thing that's ruined Australian rugby in recent years is the politics that goes on behind the scenes.

Oh, and Waugh really needs to stop his little tantrums about referees. It certainly isn't going to help him out.

Oh, and Waugh really needs to stop his little tantrums about referees. It certainly isn't going to help him out.
[/b]
To be fair Mortlocks consistent whinging isn't much better, the captain needs to be a forward, no doubt in my mind, hence why I think in the current forward pack Smith is probably the best option as captain, experience and he knows what goes on with the game...

I really like the idea of Waugh as captain, except there is one fundamental problem, Smith is a better player.

Mortlock seems to have temper tantrums that don't get a lot done, but then again the ARU have great faith in his abilities.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
To be fair Mortlocks consistent whinging isn't much better, the captain needs to be a forward, no doubt in my mind, hence why I think in the current forward pack Smith is probably the best option as captain, experience and he knows what goes on with the game...
[/b][/quote]

Maybe I've blocked something out, but what consistent whinging?

I've never known Mortlock to be a "whinger".

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
[/b][/quote]

I've never known Mortlock to be a "whinger". [/b][/quote]
Might have something to do with you being a Brumbies fan...

Make Horwill captain..

Nah jokes. I think they should make Giteua captain.
[/b]

I don't know about that. It's generally best not to make the flyhalf captain so they can focus on directing the backline.

I think for now they should just stick with Mortlock as captain, with Smith and Waugh as VC's.

Hopefully over the next few years we'll see some more players develop some leadership credentials because it's probably something that the Wallabies are currently lacking, plus Mortlock doesn't have too many years left, and he is prone to injury.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
[/b][/quote]

I've never known Mortlock to be a "whinger". [/b][/quote]
Might have something to do with you being a Brumbies fan...
[/b][/quote]

Thanks for the compliment... :D

It wasn't a compliment ;) .
Seriously, you've been instrumental in making the brumbies my most hated Australian team... and that's an impressive effort considering how much I hate Qld, combined with the fact that I used to quite like the brumbies. You're the kind of ambassador that would make John Bolton proud.

Seriously, you've been instrumental in making the brumbies my most hated Australian team... [/b]

I thought the Force would have the honours thanks to the efforts of BLR!!

Nah, my Dad's from WA so I go for the Force as kind of my second team (I'm a big fan of Cross as well being that as he was former Rooster). And anyway, I BLR has given our boys plenty of ****, but he usually at least enters into some kind of debate with me about things. Fushi comes across as more of your blatant **** stirrer ****** that's just out to be a total prick to Tahs fans.

And anyway, I BLR has given our boys plenty of ****, but he usually at least enters into some kind of debate with me about things. Fushi comes across as more of your blatant **** stirrer ****** that's just out to be a total prick to Tahs fans.
[/b]

No, you're just very sensitive about many of the comments I've made about the Tahs and the NSRU... not their fans.

And my criticisms of the Tahs aren't a catalyst for ****-stirring. I stand by my views.

<div class='quotemain'>
Seriously, you've been instrumental in making the brumbies my most hated Australian team... [/b]
I thought the Force would have the honours thanks to the efforts of BLR!!
[/b][/quote]
Please, I am a gentleman and a diplomat! Plus everyone deep down is a Force fan, they just don't know it yet. :p

Any know the weather forecast for the day?[/b]

Given that it's Christchurch and it's winter and it's night time, I'd say it'll be freezing cold with a touch of rain and/or heavy dew on the ground.

<div class='quotemain'> Any know the weather forecast for the day?[/b]

Given that it's Christchurch and it's winter and it's night time, I'd say it'll be freezing cold with a touch of rain and/or heavy dew on the ground.
[/b][/quote]

hopefully the visibility isn't the same as it was 2 years ago...

"umm i think a try has been scored, not sure who it is though but i think it's laulala"

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> Any know the weather forecast for the day?[/b]

[/b][/quote]

hopefully the visibility isn't the same as it was 2 years ago...

"umm i think a try has been scored, not sure who it is though but i think it's laulala"
[/b][/quote]

Well since we have a C shaped stadium at the moment due to renovations even if fog does arise it shouldn't get stuck in there. It is supposed to be fine weather all the way up to Saturday then on Sunday it's going to **** down. Oh what a joyous Queen's Birthday weekend ahead.

I couldn't hear the commentary but did Phil Waugh get REPLACED towards the end of the game?!?!

Isn't this the guy that NSW wants to captain Australia?!?!

Oh well... congratulations to the Crusaders for a well deserved win, and further proving that the Waratahs scrum is soooooft.

Latest posts