• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Canterbury Crusaders v NSW Waratahs

Does anyone reckons Turners tries are good enough to get him a spot in the Wallabies team?

[/b]

I hopt nope....he's only played well in 2 or 3 games this year. Adam Ashley Cooper, Drew Mitchell and tuquiri are ahead of him for a wing position.

<div class='quotemain'>
Does anyone reckons Turners tries are good enough to get him a spot in the Wallabies team?

[/b]

I hopt nope....he's only played well in 2 or 3 games this year. Adam Ashley Cooper, Drew Mitchell and tuquiri are ahead of him for a wing position.
[/b][/quote]

Last year I would've said he would be a shoe-in for the Wallabies, but like Josh Holmes they've both had fairly dissapointing years.

As for the Heineken Cup Final - it was a great game, because Munster won! :D

At least one of my teams did well this year...

crusaders desrved to win, no surprises although i liked how the tahs came out and scored 2 tries.

they were great tries by turner but his consistency as a player just isn't there yet. speaking of consistency, beale lacked it yet again with the place kicking, although good in general play. at least in the wallabies, we would have mortlock and giteau in front of beale for the kicking duties.

phil waugh yet again showed why he plays second fiddle to george smith... he did a bad thing grabbing on to hamilton without the ball, and it's not the first time i've seen him do it. it's undisciplined play and sets a bad example for the team.

they were great tries by turner but his consistency as a player just isn't there yet. speaking of consistency, beale lacked it yet again with the place kicking, although good in general play. at least in the wallabies, we would have mortlock and giteau in front of beale for the kicking duties.
[/b]
Mortlock is the worst kicker i've ever seen, he puts that much hook on the ball its not funny. IMO he personally lost the Wallabies the quarter final against England, 12 points or so they missed out on from his shite kicking.

Mortlock is the worst kicker i've ever seen, he puts that much hook on the ball its not funny. IMO he personally lost the Wallabies the quarter final against England, 12 points or so they missed out on from his shite kicking.
[/b]
Have you seen Beale kick? Case closed.

Well I hope the biased magazines and newspapers can see that the Crusaders fans appreciate a good match.

Every Waratahs player & official was clapped for (even Phil Waugh after that blatant foul).

The only person booed was the Ref and it's no surprise because he was extremely crap. I hope he doesn't get the chance to ref another final & of course the touch judges were their usual lazy selfs only running a few metres and putting up the flags instead of where the ball actually went out.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
Have you seen Beale kick? Case closed. [/b][/quote]
Beale shouldn't be kicking for the Tahs, let alone Australia. But Mortlock is not even close to being a world class kicker... I mean he's a great player, but most of the top NRL (and bottom when thinking about El Masri - whose kicking is 100 times better than Mortlock's is) sides have better kickers than him. That's something we badly need to sort out, because right now we just don't have a player can compete with the internation competition.

Beale shouldn't be kicking for the Tahs, let alone Australia. But Mortlock is not even close to being a world class kicker... I mean he's a great player, but most of the top NRL (and bottom when thinking about El Masri - whose kicking is 100 times better than Mortlock's is) sides have better kickers than him. That's something we badly need to sort out, because right now we just don't have a player can compete with the internation competition.
[/b]
Giteau and Shepherd should have a look in, personally I think it wasn't the best decision to make Giteau number one kicker for the Force as I believe if you put Shepherd in the training sheds to practice kick after kick he could get the combination of accuracy and range that Giteau and Mortlock can't match....

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
Giteau and Shepherd should have a look in, personally I think it wasn't the best decision to make Giteau number one kicker for the Force as I believe if you put Shepherd in the training sheds to practice kick after kick he could get the combination of accuracy and range that Giteau and Mortlock can't match.... [/b][/quote]

You have Deans now. I think he selects a good goal kicker first before anyone else and makes sure they turn into the one of the best in the world at it.

I watched the game and meh. Time to bash Dunnings Mini me Robinson who done crap in scrums. I saw his side get crushed at least twice and when Dunning came on he just made things worse. Waratahs scrum could barely hold up to a mediocre Crusaders scrum. I like bashing robinson.

I watched the game and meh. Time to bash Dunnings Mini me Robinson who done crap in scrums. I saw his side get crushed at least twice and when Dunning came on he just made things worse. Waratahs scrum could barely hold up to a mediocre Crusaders scrum. I like bashing robinson.
[/b]

Robinson is ok. He's a LOT better than Dunning and Baxter.

I think without Robinson and Polata-Nau the Tahs scrum wouldn't have received so much hype as it has in the Australian media.

We seriously need some decent props... Dunning and Baxter are f***ing useless. I don't know why on earth the media think they're test quality?! They look great at club level, but that's about it.

You have Deans now. I think he selects a good goal kicker first before anyone else and makes sure they turn into the one of the best in the world at it.

[/b]
Maybe he'll lure El Masri over from league :D hahahaha. Seriously, I cannot think of a top level player we have union that could be considered a world class goal kicker...

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

Robinson is ok. He's a LOT better than Dunning and Baxter.

I think without Robinson and Polata-Nau the Tahs scrum wouldn't have received so much hype as it has in the Australian media. [/b][/quote]

True I don't usually bash players unless people hype them up and they don't live up to it. E.g Tuqiri.

We seriously need some decent props... Dunning and Baxter are f***ing useless. I don't know why on earth the media think they're test quality?! They look great at club level, but that's about it.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
Maybe he'll lure El Masri over from league :D hahahaha. Seriously, I cannot think of a top level player we have union that could be considered a world class goal kicker...
[/b][/quote]

Dan Parks is Australian :ph34r:

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
Have you seen Beale kick? Case closed.
[/b][/quote] I've seen Beale kick, sucks more ass than a colonic irrigation pump.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
Maybe he'll lure El Masri over from league :D hahahaha. Seriously, I cannot think of a top level player we have union that could be considered a world class goal kicker... [/b][/quote]

i'd love to see thurston have a crack at union. he's a good place kicker and granted i don't watch much leauge, but from what i see he's a good play maker

Giteua isn't that great kicker either, hes missed a few sitters. I reckon Barnes should be kicker if he starts at no.12 in the Wallabies this year. WHICH HE SHOULD.

Well I hope the biased magazines and newspapers can see that the Crusaders fans appreciate a good match.

Every Waratahs player & official was clapped for (even Phil Waugh after that blatant foul).

The only person booed was the Ref and it's no surprise because he was extremely crap. I hope he doesn't get the chance to ref another final & of course the touch judges were their usual lazy selfs only running a few metres and putting up the flags instead of where the ball actually went out. [/b]

I disagree, I think the ref was quite good. Only time I can remember him making an error is in not sending off Waugh near the end. Otherwise, I thought he handled that game nicely, he didn't stand out much and thus I think he did a great job.

The only mistakes I saw him make was to call one line ball of Waughs forward and to call another that was forward ok.

Latest posts