• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Car Audio

J

jawmalawm24

Bought me a 1300watt Sony 12" subwoofer with enclosure & 350watt Sony Xplode Amp.

I own a Nissan Pulsar 4wd Wagon so I don't have a closed boot if that makes any sense.

Anyone got any tips on getting the best out of my sounds any help appreciated.

You can put a Sub and Amp anywhere in a car and it will deliver the same effect, so don't worry about only using the boot. If space is limited, put the amp under the seat and install the sub into the edging of the boot rather then the using the housing (with a protective cage around it), or even put it behind you under the rear seats.

anyone know how long it takes to service a car cd player? i got really cool panasonic one with movies and ****, but due to my car being broken into and $500 worth of cds getting stolen, i only use burnt ones now, and aparantly it wears down your lazer, and now it doesnt read anything. so time to get it serviced.

"by using burn cds, wet cds or putting a cd in upside down."[/b]

its a con. it really is. how they can expect people in this day in age to not use burnt cds, or be dumb enough to use wet/dirty or upside down cds is beyond me.

It's a con to make someone believe you can wear down a light source as if it were a stylus on an old grammerphone.

It's a con to make someone believe you can wear down a light source as if it were a stylus on an old grammerphone. [/b]
well you can't wear the laser down but it can sometimes go off it's track and the laser being so small it needs to be incredibly accurate. so what he means is he needs to have the laser re-aligned.

Bought me a 1300watt Sony 12" subwoofer with enclosure & 350watt Sony Xplode Amp.

I own a Nissan Pulsar 4wd Wagon so I don't have a closed boot if that makes any sense.

Anyone got any tips on getting the best out of my sounds any help appreciated.
[/b]

Why do you have a 1300w sub and only a 350w amp? What's rating in RMS (not peak power) of the sub? Is the enclosure the right size for it too as sometimes pre-made ones are well off the recommended.

What headunit do you have and do you have any component speakers, etc?

Don't know why I never replied to this but yeah the sub is 1300watt max input 380rms so yeah my amp is too small but I still get good sound out of it.

But now I'm having problems everything was going sweet as but my headunit was Sanyo and i just picked up a Sony Headunit so I got my mate to install it now all of a sudden the Sub cuts out when I turn it up over half way wtf?

Any tips anybody I've been on 3 different car audio forums to figure it out never know some of you rugby fanatics might be able to help me out.

Any help will be appreciated

Whilst it may cost money, and thats what you want to avoid, seeing a pro is the best thing.

A very good and true point was made a while back:
"One bloke might have a $2000 sound system which is just installed and tuned by the owner who has only a basic but acceptable understanding of car audio and the other a $1000 sound system, but if the owner of the $1000 system has it tuned by a pro for maximum efficiency, it will blow the other bloke who has a system twice as expensive, away."

How is the sub connected, pre-out or speaker/line out with cross-over to the amp?

Exact model numbers would be helpful. :)

Whilst it may cost money, and thats what you want to avoid, seeing a pro is the best thing.[/b]

I would agree with this normally but I've so many crap installs by "pros" I'd be careful on who you choose. There is no standard for car audio so I guess this is where the problems start.

I finally got my car stereo working good and I've upgraded to a 4ch 600watt Amp, 2 12" 1300watt Sony Subwoofers and 2 Sony Xplode 6X9's. There was a problem with my Sony head unit, there wasn't enough power coming from it ,so the sparky I went to see fixed it for just $40 and now my sound system pumps. Problem is that on really bassy songs my rear view mirror vibrates and ends up sideways and so I have to use my side mirrors most of the time.

Don't know why I never replied to this but yeah the sub is 1300watt max input 380rms so yeah my amp is too small but I still get good sound out of it.[/b]

There's nothing wrong with your amp mate. Forget the 1300W max, means nothing, your sub is 'really' a 380W one, as the rms wattage is what matters. Unfortunatelly I've forgotten my A-level physics so can't recall the reasons behind it. Something to do with sine waves etc. etc. Companies put max values so they can make it sound better than it is. 380W is still plenty though, it's all about the quality!

A quick tip, don't throw tons of wattage in there without doing some serious sound dampening. You'll just end up with a rattling piece of **** (the boy racer type), everything will sound worse than the standard equipment. I'd deffinatly consider upgrading the existing mids and get some/replace the tweeters also, so the bass doesn't drown everything else out. Don't care what people say, music is no longer music unless you hear the whole song, that means hearing the mid and high tones also (a nice dollop of bass just improves most songs though). Finally, if you want to improve the sound further, use some crossovers. These will split the signal up into the relevant frequencies, low to the subs, mid to the mids and high to the mids/tweeters.

Edit/ sorry, missed the 6x9's part in your above post.

Latest posts