• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Cardiff Blues 12 - 16 Ospreys

Isnt that the problem with Powell, that he`s so inconsistent. Great one minute and poor the next. I read somewhere that some of his former coaches just didnt know what to do with him as his behavior in training was strange to say the least.I think and hope that he has matured recently and that has made a real difference to his performance. The only thing that bothers me is everyone seems to think he is a world beater except the Cardiff fans, perhaps that says something.If Rush wasnt injured would the guy even have got his chance.

Xavier Rush would not get a look into the Cardiff side right now. He wasn't poor, he just wasn't as good as he has been recently; and he has been flipping excellent.

I thought Rush was their talisman and leader. Whenever Ive seen Cardiff over the last couple of years he has always been the main man. It would be interesting to hear from Cymro or another Cardiff fan to see what they think cos like I said before everyone seems to think he`s the ******** exept his own club fans.

Do not listen to those Osprey fans, Danny. This is just part of their silly mind games which usually come unstuck by the end of the season when they fail to win anything of significance..

Tbf, 2 league ***les (I know it's only the Magners, but it is OUR league, what more can we do??) and 2 EDF finals, winning 1 v Leicester in 5 years of existence isn't really that bad... *Views other Welsh regions trophy cabinets* o_O

Hey respect. Gloucester ,my team have been around since 1873 and all we have to show is 2 John player cups(national cup comp),1 C and G Cup, 1 Powergen cup(Again national cup comp), 1 premiership (when no-one else even knew what a play-off was) and countless heartbreak. Thats a proper club.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Jan 1 2009, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Tbf, 2 league ***les (I know it's only the Magners, but it is OUR league, what more can we do??) and 2 EDF finals, winning 1 v Leicester in 5 years of existence isn't really that bad... *Views other Welsh regions trophy cabinets* o_O[/b]
It's easy to focus on other trophies when you're knocked out of the main competition (Heineken Cup, that is. ;))
I believe Scarlets are the best Welsh side in that competition, aren't they? ;) :D :p

Yes, and they never let us forget that they 'almost got to the final' in 2001, 200.... yadda yadda yadda.
Their recent form is also highly commendable, nearly 100% perfect in fact ;)

Scarlets = semi finalists
Ospreys = quarter finalistslololOLolOlolololOLOOLOLOLOLOL

*ahem* Shut up!

Look Cyril you will never get one over on Speedy as he has so many teams he can pull out of the bag.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
I thought Rush was their talisman and leader. Whenever Ive seen Cardiff over the last couple of years he has always been the main man. It would be interesting to hear from Cymro or another Cardiff fan to see what they think cos like I said before everyone seems to think he`s the ******** exept his own club fans.[/b]

Rush is/was brilliant in pushing the ball over the gainline continually, Powell has seemed to pick up on Shanklin's flat running recently, whereas Shanklin has seemed to penetrate more often now. We are still sorely missing Jamie Roberts though who can get over the gainline with ease

Xavier Rush is a much more rounded player than Andy Powell. The problem is with Andy is that although he is a barnstorming runner, he has a lack of vision. He'll run sideways and looks for the gap. If he does offload, its often a hospital pass. You never know what hes going to do. Xavier is more of the leader, much more so than ***o. He'll make his 5/10 yards and help build phases. At the moment however, Dai has to play andy powell and bring xavier on later, maybe moving andy to 6, just because of pressure from wales.

On the ospreys game, we missed jamie robinson and jamie roberts, no one was there linking the old men shanks or alife to james, mustoe and halfpenny. Also, Spice is awful, hes lost the ability to pass, constantly putting pressure on Nick Robinson.

Fair play to the ospreys though their scrum was excellent and with Lee byrne, who in my opinion is the first name on the lions team sheet, put enough pressure on Cardiff to deserve their win. First team to beat us at home this season to =(.

Latest posts