• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Cardiff Blues v Glasgow

I was gutted tonight I must be honest. Far to many mistakes, Halfpenny caught out of position to many times, handling errors, etc, I could go on. Shanklin stood out at the ground, not sure what you guys made of him on tv.

With Harlequins winning this weekend it really doesn't bode well for next week.

Yeh Shanklin was good. Powerful running all night. Wonder if the Blues were guilty of trying to play a little too mutch rugby in the conditions? What were the conditions like Bluemoon, hard to tell on tv. They did appear quite bad for periods.

Misty rain for the most part, although the ground didn't seem slippery there were alot of balls being dropped, a few leading to trys.

I think in hindsight you are probably right, they were trying to play to much rugby. With Sam Norton-Knight, Jamie Roberts and Ben Blair back next week hopefully there will bit a bit more experience to read to game and the conditions!

I hope so, as I;m sure they'll improve drastically throughout the season. Will be a pitty if this early lack of form costs them in the HC. The likes of Roberts, Shanklin, Halfpenny, Martyn Williams and Gethin Jenkins deserve to be playing in the quarters of the HC.

Latest posts