• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Cardiff Blues v Munster

Glad that Munster lost. That play which saw them move around an area of 10 metres in 7 minutes was appalling, and it is negative rugby. As the commentator said on S4C, there's something wrong with the game when a team does this for that amount of time. Fair enough, it was windy and they were in their 22, but they could do that for the whole game if they wanted to.
Then we'd be stuck watching 0 - 0 games everytime Munster play. Can you imagine them keeping the ball tight like that for 80 minutes in a Heineken Cup semi or final, doing the same for the extra time periods, and then letting O'Gara kick them to victory in the goal-kicks at the end? It's ridiculous, and a last minute loss like this is nothing less than what they deserve.
Also, well done Cardiff. :D [/b]
Didn't see the game and have lost the recording on my box. But am told Munster fewked it up badly with Warwick's missed kick. Plus Carney and Mafi were a bit of a liablility - disappointing.

So far as I can, I disagree with the boring criticism. If Munster choose to shunt it around for that length of time it means Cardiff are powder puffs incapable of turning over possession. Gatland wouldn't be impressed.

I like it when an inferior team looks like its about to get a superior thrashing, especially because the superior team runs the chance of coming unstuck - c'est le rugby!

Well done Cardiff.

Any views on Buckley? Poor defence v Strong attack?

<div class='quotemain'> Glad that Munster lost. That play which saw them move around an area of 10 metres in 7 minutes was appalling, and it is negative rugby. As the commentator said on S4C, there's something wrong with the game when a team does this for that amount of time. Fair enough, it was windy and they were in their 22, but they could do that for the whole game if they wanted to.
Then we'd be stuck watching 0 - 0 games everytime Munster play. Can you imagine them keeping the ball tight like that for 80 minutes in a Heineken Cup semi or final, doing the same for the extra time periods, and then letting O'Gara kick them to victory in the goal-kicks at the end? It's ridiculous, and a last minute loss like this is nothing less than what they deserve.
Also, well done Cardiff. :D [/b]
Didn't see the game and have lost the recording on my box. But am told Munster fewked it up badly with Warwick's missed kick. Plus Carney and Mafi were a bit of a liablility - disappointing.

So far as I can, I disagree with the boring criticism. If Munster choose to shunt it around for that length of time it means Cardiff are powder puffs incapable of turning over possession. Gatland wouldn't be impressed.

I like it when an inferior team looks like its about to get a superior thrashing, especially because the superior team runs the chance of coming unstuck - c'est le rugby!

Well done Cardiff.

Any views on Buckley? Poor defence v Strong attack? [/b][/quote]

Buckley was a tool in the game, he came in from the side of every other ruck, the most famlus one when he came round then got told to go back and just stood in the way of Richie Rees, killed the move and the ref
did bugger all to stop it!

Buckley for me was a strong attacker! Did alright with his tackling but a good runner!

As for the turn over, the only physical way Cardiff could have turned the ball over was handling which they did not! Gatlan would be impressed by how many tackles they made and how many tackles they knocked back the defenders!

Some pictures...(not mine obviously)

CDF_BE_Cardiff_V_Munster02.jpg

CDF_H_Cardiff_Munster_01.jpg

http://www.welshrugbypics.co.uk/events/117...-munster-010308

Latest posts