• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Cardiff Blues V Toulon

Damn it, Cardiff defence was making Toulon do daft passes for a while there too :/ Referee starting to get on my nerves a bit, kinda annoying when the touch judge is telling a Toulon player to move away because he's off his feet, then the ref gives the penalty to Toulon...
Cant see the Blues winning this, mostly because this is a home game to Toulon, crowd are up for it - it'd be a completely different game if it were in Britain imo.

Well there's a familiar sight... Wilkinson laying on the floor.

Gone off injured now,
As much as i don't like wishing an injury on anyone, hopefully he'll be unavailable for the Baabaas/tour down under, as it'll force Johnson to put someone, at least on the bench, who wouldn't have seen game time otherwise *cough*Geraghty*cough*
Andy Goode to be called up and start all matches, knowing Johnson

Roberts under the posts - 13 - 13

Last edited:
Geraghty isn't starting regularly for his club, so why people think he should be getting England time is beyond me. Besides, Brian Smith is a fuckwit and thinks he's a 12.

OT: Blues level it.

Geraghty isn't starting regularly for his club, so why people think he should be getting England time is beyond me. Besides, Brian Smith is a fuckwit and thinks he's a 12.

OT: Blues level it.
Because he got picked for the squad, so they obviously think he's good enough. If not, they would've had Myler, surely?

I think he'll get a bench spot against the BaaBaas and Maoris

Because he got picked for the squad, so they obviously think he's good enough. If not, they would've had Myler, surely?

I think he'll get a bench spot against the BaaBaas and Maoris

Sums up England perfectly when a player is selected yet not putting in the regular good performances/even getting club starts. (Who mentioned Jonny Wilkinson?). Myler shiould be further up the pecking order then most choices, but he'll never get the spot because his face doesn't fit.

On topic: Blues take the lead with a rather tasty Halfpenny try.

Blues pull away further with a third try, this time by Bradley Davies. That makes three tries in the second half.

28 - 16.

28-16 to Cardiff with 10 to go.

Que: Idiots who know very little about rugby carping about how "Wilkinson was winning it until he was injured".

And some northerners blaming it on Thatcher.

YES. Cmon Cardiff. Was a nice sight checking back the score.

Excellent Blues performance in the second half. They've managed to cut out some of the mistakes they were making in the first half, and Toulon can't deal with the Blues attacks really. The loss of Wilkinson has made a big difference because Toulon didn't have a suitable replacement, which was stupid of them considering Wilkinson's track record!

That's three tries i've seen toulon waste this match through greed,
They just had a two man overlap, but the player tried to run straight in instead

Interesting last 2 minutes coming up as Toulon pull a try back.

Well Toulon do get a try and could make the last few minutes nerve-wracking for Cardiff, particularly if the kick goes over.

Oh my. I can't take this. Blues understandably tired.

Blues deserved that. Toulon really were feckless idiots in attack. So many butchered chances.

On note: Bagsie drawing Scarlets in the group stages - Should be an easy 8 points.

Yep, cracking second half performance by the blues,
Toulon squandering so many chances, and looked lost when Wilkinson went off

Congratulations to the Blues!

WHOOOOOOO. Christ, thats taken it out of me. Well deserved Cardiff, Toulon may have squandered chances but Cardiff took theirs and thats the difference. Bring on next season.

Latest posts