• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Cardiff Blues V Toulon

WOOOOOOOOOOO :D European Silverware finally. Don't care that it's the Challenge Cup (tbf, there's been some class sides in it this year - I mean look at how star studded Toulon are!) so I am one very happy man :D! Why was Sonny Bill Williams man of the match though? I mean he scored a good try and was effective when taking the ball in, but he kept throwing stupid passes and carrying the ball in one handed!
But WOOOO! :D Cardiff City, THAT, is how you win a final! Watch and learn yeh idiots!

You guys haven't seen play SBW at all, have you? He always carries the ball in one hand.

Though he did do some silly passes, i think he was the best player on the pitch, consistently making ground/breaking the line and creating things, looked near impossible to put down as well, kept spinning out of/dodging tackles, and when he did go down he was scrabbling forwards

One assumes that the Heinekiddy cup is now considered a valuable trophy?

One assumes that the Heinekiddy cup is now considered a valuable trophy?

Adding 2 Heineken teams into it helps a lot - there's a lot more interest in it now I guess. There were already some classy French and solid English sides in there, so it's made it a better competition imo. I'm sure you were happy when Northampton won it last season. Also, with the whole Italian play-off thing thrown out of the window, it's a useful extra way into the Heineken for the Welsh sides, as it proved for the Scarlets.

Any competition in which connacht can make the semi finals cannot be considered that valuable.

I think although the cup is not yet held in massive regard, what Cardiff did to get it was outstanding.

Only loosing two games in the HC pool (which was Sale and Toulouse away) and then winning on the road the whole way there against London Wasps and Toulon is a massive achievement and even if people don't see it as a big trophy, its a hell of an achievement for the club and the region.

Its a massive boost for Wales. A monkey off the back. And through the history of the Blues (and the end of the Cardiff RFC years) there have been some very hard times and these last two seasons have felt like they've given a bit back. Lets hope it stays this way.

Anyone else think Lobbe was a bit crap? I saw him screw up a few attacking chances.

Good on yer, Cardiff!

Happy days a great win against a top quality french side and in their own backyard.Amazing turnaround second half,i hope the Ospreys were taking notes for next week.

To be honest, and I mean this with respect, Cardiff are bigger than the Challenge Cup. It's would have been like if Liverpool had won the Europa League in soccer this year, yes, good to see, but hardly a cause for extravagant celebration.

Having said that, good win, glad to see Rush win something with Cardiff before leaving, ditto for Nugget.

Great to see Timmy Ryan play well too, god knows some Irish tighthead has to. If he walked past me on the street I wouldn't recognize him, he has gone from the short fat prop to a lean, athletic but well built somehow even taller (?) looking. Hope to see him back in Munster one day after another season of learning how to actually play #3.

Latest posts