• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Cardiff Blues v Toulouse

Nope, was Halfpenny.
Turnover for Toulouse after an accidental offside. One more attack for Toulouse.

KNOCK ON. GAME OVER!

Ah well done Cardiff. Could have gone either way for a while but cant say they didnt earn it.

Fair focks. Cracking finish to the game. I think the winner will come from the semi on the other half of the draw but Cardiff to make the final! Come on yizzer blues!

Ych a fi that was close :unsure: but what a defensive performance by the Blues :D
anyone know who MotM was? Def between Halfpenny and Nugget

I'm one happy bunny atm :D

Roll on Leicster/Bath now, though we have an important date with Gloucester in Twickers before then :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bumbadum @ Apr 11 2009, 05:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
MotM was Gethin Jenkins.[/b]

ah in my excitement I forgot about him :L he was class all game, fantastic work rate! If he doesn't start for the Lions, then Geech is an idiot. Was it him who did that big tackle from the kick off? someone on the stream I was watching said it was ***o, but I'm sure it was Gethin.

Jenkins set the tone today, the big tackle from the off gave Blues a platform to build upon. Blues managed to grind the result out.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Apr 11 2009, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Jenkins set the tone today, the big tackle from the off gave Blues a platform to build upon. Blues managed to grind the result out.[/b]

I'm scared....that's what we always said about Munster. Just change Jenkins for Foley/O'Connell and Blues for Munster.

But you'll have to put up with years of semi-finals that should have been your victory but for dumbass reffs and losing close finals first m'dear boys!

***o's better than Jenkins. Halfpenny's final tackle was superb.

Okay match. Jauzion was half/half - some magic, but mostly indecisive and he screwed up the final possession. Usual French shoulder shrugging.

Actually disappointed by Cardiff. Can't see them lifting the cup, although they should power through the ridiculous silliness that is Leicester.

Munster would have won both matches today, back to back, with a quick change of socks in between.

-First tried from Dusautoir refused, despite a blue hand and the 6 leg that pushed the ball on the side of the ruck (subject to 2 potential penalties for both playing on the ground, and players coming from the side of the ruck).
-Second one for a forward pass in a hand to hand, with side by side players (if there is a forward here, tell me why there is not a blue one 5 min after in the TLS'22)

Disgusting, do not count me in for next season watching Hcup
I start to understand why only 30.000 people in this stadium for a Quarter Final.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr.cyclopede @ Apr 12 2009, 07:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I start to understand why only 30.000 people in this stadium for a Quarter Final.[/b]
Cyclo - just take out Welsh citizenship and join Gwlad. It's full of happy people like you.

Whinging about the ref is a lifestyle choice.

Just got back from the game and it was a really good day out. Game was so-so with Cardiff well deserving of the win. Jenkins was superb and is without doubt the top front row in the NH. Great city and fun people.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr.cyclopede @ Apr 11 2009, 08:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
-First tried from Dusautoir refused, despite a blue hand and the 6 leg that pushed the ball on the side of the ruck (subject to 2 potential penalties for both playing on the ground, and players coming from the side of the ruck).
-Second one for a forward pass in a hand to hand, with side by side players (if there is a forward here, tell me why there is not a blue one 5 min after in the TLS'22)

I start to understand why only 30.000 people in this stadium for a Quarter Final.[/b]

Guessing that the second one is where Jauzion passed it forward to Medard who would have put Clerc in? Nah, it was miles forward, Medard was easily a pace or two in front of him when he took the pass.
The Dusatoir thing was close, but it looked like a knock on to me.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Apr 11 2009, 10:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr.cyclopede @ Apr 12 2009, 07:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cyclo - just take out Welsh citizenship and join Gwlad. It's full of happy people like you.

[/b][/quote]

Lifestyle...Not sure about that: I've been in this forums for 2 years and half, and I don't think I've never been complaining about ref before this season.
And I clearly maintain that French clubs (and les bleus on Ireland/France 09) have many reasons to complain this season especially in Hcup (Clermont/Paris/Perpignan)

I can understand that ways of interpretations might exist from one country to the another, but I'm talking about same faults/errors that are made in the both sides but differently judged.

I do not argue about the penalties conceded here by Toulouse, they were clearly deserved.
Why no penalties with all these scrums collapsed/pickedup by the blues, who where clearly dominated in this sector, at least in the first half ?
And the tries are here, it's a fact.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr.cyclopede @ Apr 11 2009, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Apr 11 2009, 10:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr.cyclopede @ Apr 12 2009, 07:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

Lifestyle...Not sure about that: I've been in this forums for 2 years and half, and I don't think I've never been complaining about ref before this season.
And I clearly maintain that French clubs (and les bleus on Ireland/France 09) have many reasons to complain this season especially in Hcup (Clermont/Paris/Perpignan)

I can understand that ways of interpretations might exist from one country to the another, but I'm talking about same faults/errors that are made in the both sides but differently judged.

I do not argue about the penalties conceded here by Toulouse, they were clearly deserved.
Why no penalties with all these scrums collapsed/pickedup by the blues, who where clearly dominated in this sector, at least in the first half ?
[/b][/quote]

Surely you're not accusing all the refs for anti french bias.

tbh i only ever hear people complain about refs when they lose. Myself included.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr.cyclopede @ Apr 11 2009, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

the Blues were dominated in the scrum? :blink: can't say I saw that, look pretty equal to me. Thought Jenkins had a very good match in the scrum as well as the loose.
And you say the French teams have a reason to complain, why? Because they didn't get to the Quarter Finals (or Semi Final in Toulouse's case)? Or is it something else. Stade were beaten twice by a Quins side that deserved it all the way, and then went down to the Scarlets which they should have expected a win because of how terrible the Scarlets have been. Only saw a few Clermont matches, but Sale just outplayed them in the first match and that red card was a deserved one against Munster (though I still think O'Connell should have had the same treatment). Not that much to complain about really.

This was a typical cup game. Once again it was the Cardiff Blues defence that won us the game, as it has done all season! I tell you, if your going to win a Heineken cup, playing Toulouse, Leicester and then Munster, is the way to do it!

Official Attendance was 36,728 afterwards, thats a pretty decent turnout! Saw lots of Munster and Gloucester shirts around today. Cheers for the support lads... (Im assuming you were supporting the blues ;))

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr.cyclopede @ Apr 12 2009, 09:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

[/b][/quote]

And I clearly maintain that French clubs (and les bleus on Ireland/France 09) have many reasons to complain this season especially in Hcup (Clermont/Paris/Perpignan)[/b][/quote]
:%#%#:

Conspiracy. Plain and simple. Same with the ABs in the last RWC. And 9/11.

Not!

French teams can't take the heat. But that can be fixed - step one: stop whinging.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Apr 12 2009, 12:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr.cyclopede @ Apr 12 2009, 09:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

And I clearly maintain that French clubs (and les bleus on Ireland/France 09) have many reasons to complain this season especially in Hcup (Clermont/Paris/Perpignan)[/b][/quote]
:%#%#:

Conspiracy. Plain and simple. Same with the ABs in the last RWC. And 9/11.

Not!

French teams can't take the heat. But that can be fixed - step one: stop whinging.
[/b][/quote]

Would have liked you to quote me totally instead of partially, especially would be interrested to have your opinions and arguments on the 2 tries refused.
For Ireland /France, my interrogations where how could have you penalised twice, with the first one at the 78th min...and take so much penalties the matches after

If you prefer just give me another -1 rep, I'm not running after !

Latest posts