• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Cardiff Blues v Toulouse

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr.cyclopede @ Apr 12 2009, 11:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Would have liked you to quote me totally instead of partially, especially would be interrested to have your opinions and arguments on the 2 tries refused.
For Ireland /France, my interrogations where how could have you penalised twice, with the first one at the 78th min...and take so much penalties the matches after

If you prefer just give me another -1 rep, I'm not running after ![/b]
Neg reps aren't used enough. Forum doesn't show why they're given. Pity - I could do with a few more.

We can argue the fine points of any decision, but rugby's weakness is that the ref's opinion is all that matters. For every "not fair, ref" you call against Ireland, I could call the same against France.

Complicated game, doesn't have the simplicity of soccer. Everyone praises the respect players have for the ref, but that respect comes from knowing he can whistle you off the pitch.

No disrespect, cyclo. Market traders say, "Play the tape" - you know it's not just, but you adapt and win. C'est la vie.

Hello,

I won't tell anything about the referee, even if I have my opinion about his performance ...

But what the hell ? How did we manage to lose to such a weak team ????

My god they barely touched the ball, never saw them with the ball in our 22, they've never been even dangerous before the last ten minutes when the match turned a bit crazy ...

If we have to complain, we first have to complain about ourselves. Toulouse had no right to lose such an easy game. Making so many mistakes is just unacceptable, and being stronger is totally useless if th we don't score.

Anyway Cardiff's defense was very good, even if in my opinion it's a miracle we did not score any try, and it didn't help. Moreover I think they were more "in the game" than us, and were more hungry as well. More fighting spirit ...

Considering the level they showed yesterday, I don't think Cardiff will be Champions this year. But I'll support them as I always do with those who beat Toulouse, since if they win I will be able to think Toulouse was the second best team and was unlucky to meet the future champion so early :)

So good luck to the Blues for the semi-final !!

PS : all my apologies for my approximative english.

Are we on a Rugby forum, were we can share opinions on this sports ? Opinions about team, players or even public behavior and performance, but also on ref decision or more generally rugby institutions and organisation.

Maybe still easier to give a definitive lesson of life (especially with market trading as an example...) and neg rep instead of argueing
So to come back to this match , on these two "fine points of decision" tries, of wich one is judged by video, what do you think ?

No disrecpect from me too, just don't satisfy with a "stop whinging" as a deinitive answer when we put some disturbing questions on the table

I do agree in the modern game the ref has too much power, however you have to remember he has to be thinking on every action in a game and while every ref is bound to make bad calls, it just comes down to he does what he thinks he has to do at the time to ensure the saftey and fairness to the games. I think if you have to target anything it must be rules to which the Ref's duty to enforce.

I would hardly say the match was thrilling but the Blues went in there like they had something to prove and they proved it.

On about respecting the ref, you toulouse lot want to sort your fans out.
Throwing your drinks at the linesman because of a decision of a forward pass. Pathetic!

Anyway..Rubbish game, but we won, thats the main, Toulouse created far more chances but knock ons saved us.

Cardiff didn't play well at all, Tom James looked dangerous, shame it was when he was running from the 22, anyway, bring on Glous!

Also can't wait for Nicky to leave, god he annoyed me yesterday.

Hello Simknab, just watching your post as I was writing my previous one

My opinion on the ref doesn't exclude that I also share your opinion about the weakness of TLS attacks, especially in the finition, and I'm totally open to debate about it, but on this kind of play off match where each point is crucial, I'm convinced that the fact that TLS run after the score all match long had been lethal for them.
The fact that they kept on searching the try and the KO in the second half is the other reason (And Skrela's up and under in the latest 5 min !!!!)

Don't worry for your English, I think mine is worse...

Agreed Ozzay, I was sat right above the Toulouse fans and they were throwing all sorts onto the field at the ref. It was quite a few of them aswell! It was disgusting and I have lost alot of respect for Toulouse fans.

Cardiff were finding it hard to make breaks. When they did they looked good. There was some poor decision making from nicky and spice with kicking straight to their back 3! It was like suicide! I think they were a very nervous side against a Toulouse team who threw everything at us and came away with nothing.

oh right, i only seen drinks when the ref gave it as a forward.

I was right in the corner of where they would have scored the try.

Going back to earlier posts, it was Gethin not ***o with that huge hit on the 8 to start.

Share the same than you Bluemoon, would have been ashamed to see that.
Hope that french authorities will start to move and defend our clubs strongier, because I don't like the way things turn like that

Not a great match, but great result for the Blues. There were quite a few standout players for them yesterday, including Gethin Jenkins (wo's been consistently awesome this year), Paul ***o who's a great captain and does all the gritty stuff needed to win games like this. Xavier Rush was a machine (and even Andy Powell played well when he came on!). Nugget was awesome as always. In the backs, both Halfpenny and Tom James were superb, outclassed their international counterparts and it shows that it won't be long till those two are Wales' wingers aswell.

I thought Shanklin had a quiet game, he needs to get more involved against Leicester. Nicky Robinson needs to forget his passing game yesterday (which is usually his best quality) and Spice needs to just get the ball out! Overall, a great win, but the fact that they' can play alot better really makes me believe they can win this cup (though Munster are still hot favourites).

Not sure what Simknab was on about, being very disrespectful to the Blues in his post. Tolouse were up against the form team in this years HC, the team that won 6 from 6 in the pool stages and were no 1 seeds. It's a team packed full of quality Welsh players and a sprinkling of top class overseas players (like Rush, ***o and Blair). And yes Mr.cylopede, it was a knock on for the fist try (was close though, but benefit had to go to the Blues for such a messy lead up i.e. feet, mabe knock ons etc.) and the pass for the second was a mile forward. Get over it! You complain about refs against French teams, how about the winning try v AB's in the WC, a blatant forward pass missed, it goes both ways!

I think people need to realise that the Blues are a good side, they are easily Wales' best team, and are now rightfully challenging to be Europes best aswell. It's been a long time building, Blues fans enjoy it!

Is it being disrespectful saying that the Blues played poorly and were extremely lucky (and a bit helped by, let's say luck ...) to win this game ??

Of course you can disagree, and what I say can objectively be wrong, but I don't see where is the disrespect ...

Concerning what the Blues did during the pools phase :

two wins against Biarritz. Both times with a 4 points gap. And to take just one example of the French paranoia about referees (among others) : during the game at Cardiff the referee refused a drop after requesting video judgment, while video clearly showed it's valid ...

Considering how tough it has been for them to get rid of a team that ranks only 7th in TOP14 ... I don't see anything amazing here ...

About the first try, it's very difficult to be sure. There is nothing to complain about, except maybe luck.
About the forward pass, no problem as well. But it becomes a bit weird when ten minutes later the Blues do the same but strangely nobody whistle ...

And finally, I think nobody could be dishonest enough to say the pass of Michalak during the last world cup was not forward. Personally I was not happy with this one ...

Sky Sports pundits yesterday said you cant always win games with fancy rugby! Blues tamed an attcacking Tolouse side.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Simknab @ Apr 12 2009, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
But what the hell ? How did we manage to lose to such a weak team ????[/b]

Well, that's where I saw the disrespect. But don't worry about it, you obviously didn't mean it in that way.

That's sport. **** happens. Deal with it. No-one cares anymore. Cardiff won. Simple as that. Toulouse could have won many times but they weren't clinical enough and thus didn't deserve to win.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Apr 14 2009, 09:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
That's sport. **** happens. Deal with it. No-one cares anymore. Cardiff won. Simple as that. Toulouse could have won many times but they weren't clinical enough and thus didn't deserve to win.[/b]
Tbh I don't think it has anything to do with Toulouse being clinical enough, if my mind serves me right they had only one scoring chance and that was not given after the TMO. Cardiff Blues just ground out the win, just like Munster did in the final last year.

Disagree. They made a few lines breaks that would have been walk over tries if they'd thrown a good last pass etc...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Apr 14 2009, 10:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Disagree. They made a few lines breaks that would have been walk over tries if they'd thrown a good last pass etc...[/b]
You are probably right Mr Sir. Speedy, I wasn't very excited by the match and lost my concentration several times.

Sod the frogs! When Welsh teams lose games like that I applaud and congratulate the opposition for digging it out and winning the game. Blues won and therefore deserved the victory. They may have been fortunate but Toulouse fans should suck it up and shut the f*** up because they won't be complaining the next time a ref fails to see a forward pass by them.

Latest posts