Carstens to play Super Rugby for Stormers

TRF_Ezequiel

Kanko Krazy!!!
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Netherlands
Club or Nation
Sharks
Former Sharks prop Deon Carstens will play Super Rugby for the Stormers in 2012 after his English Rugby Club Saracens agreed to release him to Western Province in Cape Town.

Cape Town born Carstens can play on either side of the scrum but prefers to play at loosehead.

Saracens Director of Rugby Mark McCall said of the move, "We have a partnership with Western Province rugby, and any partnership must work both ways."

Sharks+v+Vodacom+Blue+Bulls+Absa+Currie+Cup+uz5F5Pmv-D1m.jpg

"The Stormers urgently need a top class international loosehead prop for the forthcoming Super Rugby season, the move makes sense for the player and so we have agreed to the release."

"Deon has made a magnificent impact at Saracens over the past 18 months, and his departure presents us with some difficult mid-season challenges, but we wish him, his wife and young daughter all the best in Cape Town. Since this is the right decision for Deon and his family, it must be the right decision for us."

Deon Carstens said: "I am very sad to be leaving Saracens, but am massively looking forward to the opportunity in Cape Town."

"I am also very grateful to Saracens for their pragmatic approach to this situation; this is special club - it's run in a different way to any other rugby club in my experience, and it is undoubtedly the right way."

Source: Superxv.com

That makes it official! Carstens to give the Stormers scrum a boost. They needed this

Latest posts