• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Cause for legal action!

inertia666

Academy Player
Ok, while I am well aware this is not gonna happen but is there really cause for legal action over this game? I saw an advert on TV for the game and it was advertised as "The official game of the rugby world cup".

Well I find that false advertising since , what....only half the teams / stadia are licenced?

I also find the whole licencing of international sport very cynical.

I agree that licensing in sport takes so much away from what makes sport just that; sport. The thing is however that sport has become a business and the parties involved have the same rights to protecting their IP and marketing opportunities as any other business and while I would like to see more accesibility the fact is the revenue brought in helps more than is hinders the development of the game IMO.

There's no cause for legal action. And it is the official game of the rugby world cup seeing as the IRB or whoever is incharge if the official world cup licence has handed it over.

I don find it a bit offputting that they can be called that without having so many teams licences (including Australia and New Zealand).

Ok, while I am well aware this is not gonna happen but is there really cause for legal action over this game? I saw an advert on TV for the game and it was advertised as "The official game of the rugby world cup".

Well I find that false advertising since , what....only half the teams / stadia are licenced?

Key words there 'world cup' It does have the official Webb Ellis cup in.

I think everyone is with you on the whole exclusive licencing thing, but unfortunately, money talks

I agree that licensing in sport takes so much away from what makes sport just that; sport. The thing is however that sport has become a business and the parties involved have the same rights to protecting their IP and marketing opportunities as any other business and while I would like to see more accesibility the fact is the revenue brought in helps more than is hinders the development of the game IMO.

I understand what you are saying and maybe it's true. But I find it rather cynical when a lot of public money can end up financing the development of stadiums and other direct or indirect contributions to what constitutes as "our" national teams. I just think it's plain wrong you can't use the real player names. The rest of it is more understandable. Of course, I am probably quite biased in my opinion so I know sweet fa about the financial complexity involved in these things, haha!

same thing i thought when i saw the xbox360 bundle pack ad...should be on ACA or TT lmao

Right then members of the jury, next case is stupid people against The RWC game, Justice Iain presiding

Firstly chaps, in order to determine if this game is in breach of Trade Descriptions we need to ask a few questions.

Is it a rugby game? Yes
Is it about the RWC? Yes, it has the endorsement from the IRB and it has the RWC logo and the trophy in it.
Is the prosecution a bunch of mindless jerks? Yes

Case thrown out. Bye bye

Right then members of the jury, next case is stupid people against The RWC game, Justice Iain presiding

Firstly chaps, in order to determine if this game is in breach of Trade Descriptions we need to ask a few questions.

Is it a rugby game? Yes
Is it about the RWC? Yes, it has the endorsement from the IRB and it has the RWC logo and the trophy in it.

Case thrown out. Bye bye

Is it a rugby game? HELL NO!
Is it about the RWC? Yes, it has the endorsement from the IRB and it has the RWC logo and the trophy in it. Minus the licenses
Is the prosecution a bunch of mindful jerks? Yes^_^
Is this game worth $10? NO!

Is it a rugby game? HELL NO!
Is it about the RWC? Yes, it has the endorsement from the IRB and it has the RWC logo and the trophy in it. Minus the licenses
Is this game worth $10? NO!

Ho ho ho, you funny guy!

Funny funny guy :D

Case thrown out. Bye bye

Haha, a quick look at the post history from Captain Backlash indicates you spend most of your time on the forum engaging in mindless criticism and knee-jerk reaction. Maybe it makes you feel more at ease lumping everyone in the same moronic category as yourself :D

Haha, a quick look at the post history from Captain Backlash indicates you spend most of your time on the forum engaging in mindless criticism and knee-jerk reaction. Maybe it makes you feel more at ease lumping everyone in the same moronic category as yourself :D

I reject that as speculative...

Although I do like the name Captain Backlash.

Bailiff, get me a deed poll stat!

Wish we could take legal action on some of the time wasters ...

Last edited:
Is it a rugby game? HELL Yes!
Is this game worth $10? NO! It's worth £40

just sayin

I actually like the adverts, honestly they're really funny. Glad to see the marketing!

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by peks89
Is it a rugby game? HELL Yes!
Is this game worth $10? NO! It's worth £40

just sayin

hahahahaha u paid 40 pounds? jokes on you!

Still waiting for JLRC to release...but I have managed to get MLB 2K11 for £9....result.

Latest posts