• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Challenge Cup 15/16 - Round 6

...........just that the refereeing really ruined the game and didn't allow Quinn's to play with any tempo.

So, are we saying that the ref was bent OR that Quins were unable to adapt as well to the ref's "foibles" as MHR?

I didn't say Montpelier didn't deserve to win, just that the refereeing really ruined the game and didn't allow Quinn's to play with any tempo.

no one is talking about whether Montpellier deserved to win or not this is your issue about refereeing, Quins were continually off side and off thier feet at most rucks an mauls and hardly got pinged for it, i spoke to both referee and Connor O'shea after the game and the Quins coach did not single him out for anything. The reason Quins did not play with any tempo was in the second half they were off their feet as the game was played by Montpellier at pace, and if anything lineouts and scrums were taking extremely long time to start as Quins were trying their very best to amble to every set piece with pow wows for same set pieces.and as the fatigue set in Montpellier dominated hence 2 ties in the last 5 mins. I admit Montpellier deserved their victory but by no means can they say thankyou to a ref who was just and fair, but like all, they are not perfect but then who is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no one is talking about whether Montpellier deserved to win or not this is your issue about refereeing, Quins were continually off side and off thier feet at most rucks an mauls and hardly got pinged for it, i spoke to both referee and Connor O'shea after the game and the Quins coach did not single him out for anything. The reason Quins did not play with any tempo was in the second half they were off their feet as the game was played by Montpellier at pace, and if anything lineouts and scrums were taking extremely long time to start as Quins were trying their very best to amble to every set piece with pow wows for same set pieces.and as the fatigue set in Montpellier dominated hence 2 ties in the last 5 mins. I admit Montpellier deserved their victory but by no means can they say thankyou to a ref who was just and fair, but like all, they are not perfect but then who is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No the ref didn't control the breakdown. That would be obvious to any idiot watching.

Take your nonsense elsewhere.

I thought the ref was very kind to Quins at the scrum, they were getting destroyed there but still won a few pens

No the ref didn't control the breakdown. That would be obvious to any idiot watching.

Take your nonsense elsewhere.

Personally, I would take Gaston's "nonsense" over yours as he is an experienced rugby player closely involved with a club playing at the top level.............!

Cuthbert doesn't start in a pivotal position though.

More seriously, I haven't been paying attention to the groups, but looking at the team Quins sent out I'm guessing the result didn't matter one iota to them.

They'd topped the pool and whoever they play next will have to play them at home. It was good chance to rest a few players and get a few players some 2nd tier european experience. So I am inclined to agree with you 100%.

They won't be happy with the manner of the loss, but I can't imagine they'll be reading too much into it!

Bit bitter to take for Cardiff who had to face a much stronger and motivated Quins team last week...

That was my point though, that the breakdown wasn't refereed well at all(both sides)and killed the game as it became a scrap with both sides getting away with cheating continously.
I posted after being incredibly frustrated at watching a game, as a neutral, that with strong refereeing could have really been a cracker. I think maybe you were slightly confused by the point I was making.

- - - Updated - - -

That was my point though, that the breakdown wasn't refereed well at all(both sides)and killed the game as it became a scrap with both sides getting away with cheating continously.
I posted after being incredibly frustrated at watching a game, as a neutral, that with strong refereeing could have really been a cracker. I think maybe you were slightly confused by the point I was making.

The breakdown is one of the most incredibly hard actions in rugby to ref, it may have been the ref's weakest point but how did it kill the game, it did not, the game was fast and some good rugby played by both teams, no one here is confused, you stated the tempo was lost by Quinds, that had nothing to do with the breakdown reffing, that was because they were off the pace of Montpellier's game and the last 20 had nothing left to give, hence all the points they conceded in that time, we could have kicked the ball out on 80 and keep the bonus point, but we played on because we knew their tanks were on empty and scored a 5th try.

We might qualify out of the group in which we have played kids/reserves the whole time got bp in agen. Now come on Grenoble do us a favour. Europe beware Dom Waldouck is back.:p

We somehow qualify when are coach didn't want to qualify anyway Quins here we come.:lol:

Personally, I would take Gaston's "nonsense" over yours as he is an experienced rugby player closely involved with a club playing at the top level.............!

Did you watch the game at all? It doesn't matter who he is or what he does. The breakdown was a mess, the ref didn't ref fairly for either team.

If you really did watch the game, do you believe the ref was consistent?

It is subjective view and would support the more experienced eye for that......

Latest posts