• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Challenge Cup Final

With only 2,700 tickets maximum going to Borguain, I hardly see that being of consiquence.

From what i understand this is the result of the ERC not having any reply from the French about hosting the Final.. ERC had no official correspondence from France, so they have just done what they liked. But as mentioned, that does not explain the decision to play it on a friday night, giving Bourgoin less time after the Brive game.. and the fact it perhaps should be staged at a different ground. Finals should be played on weekends, for maximum crowds IMHO.

Of course, you can't please everyone.. as Mite says.. perhaps Kingsholm is the best choice for a rugby point of view, but maybe it's not fair for Bourgoin.. it might not be Bourgoins fault that their wishes didn't get to the ERC.. so they get lumped with a trip to Gloucester, but it's a neutral venue so it's perfectly reasonable.

The fact is, regardless.. the final should be staged somewhere suitable.. there is no such ideal place that ticks all the boxes where there is no travel demands or home advantage.. so really as long as it's easy to get to it wouldn't make much difference. What i find stupid is it is on a friday.

I don't know the history of it, but it seems the french seemed to miss a trick this year when they did have a team in the final.

Sunday 24th being the final weekend of the football Premier League may gave something to do with the TV scheduling - Mr Murdoch makes no money from rugby in comparisson.

Latest posts