• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[Champions Cup 2018] Quarter Final - Scarlets v Stade Rochelais

Serious bit if luck on those two kicks, but Scarlets were naive to the kicks too. Halfpenny has pulled it back to a one point game. Two teams I reckon won't win it but this should be a good game.

Scarlets look really comfortable without the ball, except when dealing with kicks which is hardly a La Rochelle strength. Scarlets lucky to get the penalty there, but Byrne and Co will get a lot of chances to turnover if their defence stays this nasty.

Jaysus Botia has carried about three hundred times in this game already and made some nice hits. He'd be missed.

These playing the 9 calls are getting ridiculous
He was part of the ruck, just cause he IS the 9 doesn't mean he's untouchable

Despite the fact that I have played a lot of rugby at 9, and probably will play there next year, not being allowed to play the nine while otherwise fairly coming through the ruck is a dim rule.

Despite the fact that I have played a lot of rugby at 9, and probably will play there next year, not being allowed to play the nine while otherwise fairly coming through the ruck is a dim rule.
Well if the nine doesn't have the ball why bother. You're essentially clearing a man beyond the ruck who doesn't have the ball.
And I'm saying this as someone who loves seeing Scrum halves hit.

Well if the nine doesn't have the ball why bother. You're essentially clearing a man beyond the ruck who doesn't have the ball.
And I'm saying this as someone who loves seeing Scrum halves hit.
Its not like the 9 is standing way off the ball, a good one is always hovering over it and is essentially part of the ruck. If there was a clear disconnect from the ruck to the 9 sure its a penalty but that's rarer than rare.

Its not like the 9 is standing way off the ball, a good one is always hovering over it and is essentially part of the ruck. If there was a clear disconnect from the ruck to the 9 sure its a penalty but that's rarer than rare.
Aye, often the difference between the 9 being over the ball ready to pass and over the ball as part of the ruck is a matter of leaning forward a couple of inches

Like the penalty earlier where the scarlets 9 went to play the ball, saw his man get cleared out so joined the ruck to protect the ball, Got cleared out and then won a penalty for basically joining the ruck

Ref is giving scarlets absolutely everything, but LR aren't helping themselves. Some proper bone headed decisions out there

La Rochelle look badly in need of some leadership, or at least some players capable of making decisions.

Just watched the game after a few beers obviously ! We never looked like we would lose this , I'm really greatful that La Rochelle played typical French wasteful rugby but all the same we deserved this and will not be denied ! Saracens or Leinster who care bring em on

Latest posts