• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[Champions Cup 2018] Semi Final - Leinster v Scarlets

Scarlets were just blitzed in the first half honestly. They looked a bit sluggish honestly (too much bread of heaven? heheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh) but it's mostly been about what Leinster are doing right being nearly impossible to defend. Scarlets have been close to robbing a few balls, but the presentation is good and the clear out ruthless.
Leinster ******* about with restarts has been their one achilles heel but you can't say fairer than scoring a try pretty much every time you go into the opposition 22.
Scarlets will have to really go for it which they're well equipped for to be fair.

TBH what could the scarlets forwards do?
The kick and catch happened within 3 seconds of each other and davies caught it.

The kick and catch happened within 3 seconds of each other and davies caught it.
Be better at rugby. Be born more talented. Be 7"3. Not that hard, just hit the gym. They really only have themselves to blame mate. Nah it was harsh for sure. Poite doing well okay though if slightly overrelying on TMO
Leinster forwards have been so ruthless today. Genuinely class.

Make an effort to get behind Davies. To just stand there as if to say "Not my problem" is pretty poor in a European semi-final.

Make an effort to get behind Davies. To just stand there as if to say "Not my problem" is pretty poor in a European semi-final.

More like standing there thinking WTF was that,

Mind i thought that pen was harsh, none impacted the leinster catchers and Davies who kicked it caught it,

Scarlets upholding the long welsh tradition of choking in the knock out stages of Europe.

Last edited:
It'll be interesting to see how Scarlets kick on from this. Leinster have their attack sussed, just Shepherd then to the perimeters and they'll do the damage to themselves.

did those two munster lads get the wrong tickets?

Damn Scarlets are shite.

Racing v leinster final will be interesting.
They were definitely supporting Scarlets an hour ago!

This is class, possibly our best European performance ever. Returning the favour and embarrassing these boys after last year.

They were definitely supporting Scarlets an hour ago!

This is class, possibly our best European performance ever. Returning the favour and embarrassing these boys after last year.
You could see them applauding you literally every time Leinster scored you rat. Only a bilge rat would support Scarlets ahead of countrymen.

This is the worst I've seen us all season , disappointing considering the event. Leinster just playing simple rugby. poor show and disappointed for all that travelled

Leinster just doing the basics excellently and with ruthless efficiency. Scarlets being blown off the field.

I'd love Munster to get through tomorrow's game as comfortably as this. I get the feeling that even if we win, my heart may have given out by then.

We have the champagne rugby and now we have the weather. South of France BTFO? Growing wine in my back garden as we speak and it's over for them.

mad thing is that the best 16 starters are or were Leinster players!
I wasn't wrong!

Absolutely delighted with that, I wanted to smash these boys all season after the end of last season. I don't know of any team that could have lived with that performance in Dublin, hard luck Scarlets, we might meet again in Lansdowne yet!

Congrats to Leinster - deserved win , I hope we meet again to maybe extract some revenge!

Leinster played like the champions elect today. They looked almost unbeatable. A lot of the blame still needs to go to Scarlets for not playing well today, but even at their best I don't know if they could have beaten Leinster the way they were playing today. The chances of Racing or Munster winning the championship this year are very slim, if you ask me.

It's appropriate that Beirne scored the consolation try. That's just the kind of season that Irish rugby is having right now: even the best player in Wales is Irish.

Latest posts