• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Cup 2019/2020: Pool 4

That was really not very good from Munster. Saracens will be very happy with their losing bp, Munster need to improve drastically.

Munster incredibly poor v a B team.
Whoever got 4 and another is another day.
Walk away and except a poor day at office.
Sarries don't give a flying F#$$ about Euro this year .
But maybe get in as 8 come QF no one will want to face them in that scenario of they sniff a cup.

Outside of a massive surprise performance away in France or England, it feels like Munster are probably not making it out of the pool at this stage. I like what they're trying to add to their game at the moment, but it's too soon. They needed a win today, but Saracens came away with the bonus point and I'd expect them to come up with a winning bonus point next week too. Hard to see a way back for Munster at that point.

Isn't there a lot of fuss about Saracens having an unfairly strong squad by breaking the salary cap? Then why all the fuss if Munster "only" won by 7 points in terrible weather?

But of hysteria about that performance. We weren't great but very few would be in those conditions. Not only wet but serious winds in Ireland last night. Decent enough Sarries team despite everything. Rarely onside, but tough defenders and playing their game plan well.
Murray has been and was poor. He's doing everything too slowly and telegraphing most of what he does.

If a 9 is being picked on form Cooney is a million miles ahead of rest. I'd say he's only IQ that really has taken advantage of Conor loss of form

To be fair Blade has been clutch for Connacht. Probably not his best day yesterday but he's helped young Sprout Fitzgerald have a great start to the pro game. JGP as Alpha pointed out has been very good too.

To be fair Blade has been clutch for Connacht. Probably not his best day yesterday but he's helped young Sprout Fitzgerald have a great start to the pro game. JGP as Alpha pointed out has been very good too.
Not saying they aren't ahead of Murray at moment but haven't done enough in same way Cooney has. I'm a fan of JGP just think he needs to do bit more

Saturday was a day to get any win. Once the rain came in any attacking chances went. About as trying a conditions as I've seen. We've always needed a result in London or Paris once we drew the racing game.

Kinda showed up the lack of real heft in our pack. Sarries might be missing a few but crikey at their best theyre by far the best pack (and backup) in the club game and within the top 4 packs worldwide. Thought isekike was a monster tbh. We just lack enough muscle. Pom billy and beirne give plenty in terms of line out but they're not at the races in terms of a punishing pack. While our lineout probably won us sats game it won't be enough in terms of the competition . Disappointed we haven't seen Gavin Coombes progress. Our pack is crying out for a few home grown lads of his size. Hopefully we bring in sygman but we're still a long way off. Suspect Knox will make it too. Would love to Nick will connors but that's wishful thinking

Alot of people talk us down after Saturday. But not enough credit went to Sarries. Yes they were down a few starters but for the conditions they had the perfect team. All big men who tackled massively.
Their weak links were out wide and while we tried exploit that the conditions meant it was not possible to attack wide as frequently as we would have liked. Yes we made alot of errors also but I think the conditions are being underestimated too. That was 1 of worst days I remember in Thomond for past 20years in terms of rain and wind. And it suited the bigger team physically who had more carriers in the pack.

But it means now we are going to Paris and London in many peoples minds already beat and 2 5-0 losses.
Which is fine because if our game clicks then I think there is a shock.

While Botha got a deserved red, Skelton is skating on thin ice by putting up his knee when he is about to be tackled. He caught POM with one at the weekend and tried it again.

Munster: Mike Haley; Andrew Conway, Chris Farrell, Rory Scannell, Keith Earls; JJ Hanrahan, Conor Murray; James Cronin, Niall Scannell, John Ryan; Jean Kleyn, Billy Holland; Tadhg Beirne, Peter O'Mahony (C), CJ Stander.

Replacements: Kevin O'Byrne, Liam O'Connor, Stephen Archer, Fineen Wycherley, Jack O'Donoghue, Nick McCarthy, Dan Goggin, Tommy O'Donnell.

Saracens: a giant bag of cash, probably several members of the Vunipola family, a Scot or two probably, very big second rows.

Replacements: Calum Clark inexplicably

15 Max Malins
14 Sean Maitland
13 Alex Lozowski
12 Nick Tompkins
11 Elliot Daly
10 Owen Farrell (c)
9 Richard Wigglesworth
1 Mako Vunipola
2 Jamie George
3 Vincent Koch
4 Joel Kpoku
5 George Kruis
6 Nick Isiekwe
7 Ben Earl
8 Billy Vunipola

Replacements

16 Tom Woolstencroft
17 Richard Barrington
18 Josh Ibuanokpe
19 Calum Clark
20 Jackson Wray
21 Ben Spencer
22 Manu Vunipola
23 Duncan Taylor

I reckon Munster could go and win that. Need a bit of grit between the teeth and spit in the eye though and we haven't seen that for a minute.

We're definitely due a big away performance. Good Sarries team, but Jesus not unbeatable. I think having them 12 point favorites is fair enough, given past encounters, but I don't think it's insurmountable. Will need Murray to be in command though.

Surely if he's part of the ruck he's out of the game and can't tackle the 9?

Surely if he's part of the ruck he's out of the game and can't tackle the 9?
Balls out so ruck is over. Players involved in the ruck are onside. If he was on ground or offside it would have been yellow.

Latest posts