• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Cup 2019/2020: Pool 4

Didn't see the game but did Munster really turn down a kick for a bonus point to go for a try? Super dumb in do many ways.

It happens. Surprised at it from Munster though. Not out bit tough road from here. Not denying Sarries getting a bonus point at home could age badly.
More so not kicking a penalty to get LBP will be more hurtful today.

More so not kicking a penalty to get LBP will be more hurtful today.
I
Muff was that you sorting out Jamie George's diabetes?

Lots of positives in the performance. Defense was very good. Kleyn and jod very good I thought. ***** of a group. In 3 games we've left game points behind. Very unlike us.

Wycherley will see a lot of gametime now with beirne out. Hope Tadhgs ok?

I
Muff was that you sorting out Jamie George's diabetes?

Lots of positives in the performance. Defense was very good. Kleyn and jod very good I thought. ***** of a group. In 3 games we've left game points behind. Very unlike us.

Wycherley will see a lot of gametime now with beirne out. Hope Tadhgs ok?
No I was the far side so didn't get clear input and to be fair I know Jamie very well (doctor not hooker) and it isn't like him. I think it's more a case of Sarries deflecting the true facts.

Tadgh is looking like a twisted knee hopefully and the thing is the performance was very good.
9 points sees us qualify as a runner up at least. ROG and La Ro did us huge favour.

I believe we can get a fit Joey to trigger our backs and Racing is not as daunting as Allianz Park.

Also lads this is not an excuse as the result was fair. But that pitch is horrific and dangerous. I've seen many 4g pitches and they are pitch like. But that is dangerous and needs updating.

JOD and Kleyn were monsters defensively and I have to say CJ has to be 1 of the most consistent players in Europe. I thought he was enormous again

JOD was one of the silver linings of that match. Hope to see a lot more of him this season. He should be in the conversation for our starting 15 at this point.

JOD was one of the silver linings of that match. Hope to see a lot more of him this season. He should be in the conversation for our starting 15 at this point.
JODs biggest issue is he's not a 7. So if he starts it has to be ousting 1 of Bernie or POM or Stander. And if it's not POM then the challenge is can the balance be right with POM at 7 and Jack at 6

Pool 4 is still open. I can see Rassing losing their last two games. They're good if the game goes their way and have build a lead on their magic carpet.
They're not good chasing the score. Their problem is they have no leaders in their team. We beat them at home last seaon in 1/4 final and we were down to 14. Imagine losing by 1 pt at home against 14 in CCup quarter. That's how soft they are.

They need a good auld mugging from Munster. Turn the lights off in their disco and just **** them.

Last edited:
Munster: Mike Haley; Andrew Conway, Chris Farrell, Rory Scannell, Keith Earls; JJ Hanrahan, Conor Murray; Dave Kilcoyne, Niall Scannell, Stephen Archer; Jean Kleyn, Billy Holland; Peter O'Mahony (C), Jack O'Donoghue, CJ Stander.

Replacements: Kevin O'Byrne, Jeremy Loughman, John Ryan, Arno Botha, Chris Cloete, Craig Casey, Dan Goggin, Shane Daly.

RACING 92: B Dulin; T Thomas, V Vakatawa, H Chavancy - captain, J Imhoff; F Russell, T Iribaren; E Ben Arous, C Chat, B Tameifuna; B Palu, D Bird; W Lauret, B Le Roux, A Claassen.

Replacements: T Baubigny, H Kolingar, C Gomes Sa, D Ryan, F Sanconnie, M Machenaud, B Volavola, O Klemenczak.

Well we don't stand a chance. If only we had a condescending commenter from the 42 who didn't know who Ben Healy was two months ago, yet is certain he should start now, coaching us!!

In reality a tough ask and maybe a long shot. I don't think Racing are that unbeatable at home, we weren't far off last time we played here, but I'm not sure we have what it takes to steal their lunch money up front, and we have been pretty diabolical defending up the centres recently. At the same time that second row pairing is a lot less intimidating that one with Ryan and Nakarawa in it to me.

Difficult task but not impossible for Munster. They're not nearly as bad as many would have you think.

Hmmm Clark sin binned for a one off pen on the 10m line...

He was rightly pinged for cynical play which it absolutely was. Calum Clark in doing something stupid shocker......

Imo that is not given as a yellow most of the time, not saying it shouldn't be but it's one of those where there is no really consistency.

He was rightly pinged for cynical play which it absolutely was. Calum Clark in doing something stupid shocker......

Yes, but consistent. No.

edit: slightly embarrassing for Ospreys.

Last edited:
The commentators waxing lyrical when Ospreys manage to have space against a 13 man Sarries is laughable.

Also AWJ is such a ***. Oh but he is a "leader" yet he's always doing petty **** on the field.

Latest posts