• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Cup Draw

The clubs that can play on both fronts i think yes, but you know we keep going back to the same old story about the TOP 14 and how it is important to the 14 clubs concerned, some no doubt will maybe not worry about the away games, but others will try and win every game,(lots of money) also you have to take into consideration where the clubs are around the time of the first pool game Oct 19th as by that time we will have played 9, TOP 14 games and already coaches and clubs will be estimating what they can do and what they cant do. Another point is that everybody will have already a good idea of the strenghts and weaknesses of each club, so a mixed bag of fresh and maybe some smelly fish!!!! Hopefully if the world was perfect everybody will try every game and the comp. will be a success, we do not need endless posts of "i told you so, bring back the H Cup" mind you it may take a little strain and stress off the "Too many foreigners in the TOP 14 club" !!!!

The clubs that can play on both fronts i think yes, but you know we keep going back to the same old story about the TOP 14 and how it is important to the 14 clubs concerned, some no doubt will maybe not worry about the away games, but others will try and win every game,(lots of money) also you have to take into consideration where the clubs are around the time of the first pool game Oct 19th as by that time we will have played 9, TOP 14 games and already coaches and clubs will be estimating what they can do and what they cant do. Another point is that everybody will have already a good idea of the strenghts and weaknesses of each club, so a mixed bag of fresh and maybe some smelly fish!!!! Hopefully if the world was perfect everybody will try every game and the comp. will be a success, we do not need endless posts of "i told you so, bring back the H Cup" mind you it may take a little strain and stress off the "Too many foreigners in the TOP 14 club" !!!!
I understand that and how to some clubs the importance will be Top14 just was wondering what the French views on the new structure and changes are. And as is said here a bit the money in Top14 is a lot more benefical than this competition is.

I still think it's imprtant because you are putting yourself against the best in Europe and this is the only way to say "European Champions", the difference it made to Ireland's rugby and their commitemnt after the victories of Munster Lienster and Ulster (although this one was not with everyone included) over the years, and it does give the layman another chance to see rugby in a different format. Honestly without being brassy the money is not the key issue for the French clubs as you well know, they say we are loaded!!!! but its like any sports person from any sport the honours are there for the taking ask a Federer or Nadal or Woods if they need the money of course not but the trophies, yes without a doubt. The other thing is the qualification now everyone is on a level playing field (more or less) the week in week out stuff is going to be important the 3 Irish sides never had any trouble qualifying but now will the weaker Welsh sides change their attitude, at the end of the day whatever Championship you play in the competitivness will only sharpen the tools and take the clubs forward, which is always excellent for everyone whether you are watching Championship or European games.
Personnally i love it for my 4/5 days in Dublin, Italy or Scotland (still waiting for Munster may just come for any game if again unlucky next season) plus always met loads of great people maybe only fpr a short while but someone somewhere will always teach you a thing or two or show you something you may has missed.
Its an adventure around a glass and a knife and fork!!!!!!

Last edited:
Any idea when the fictures are released? I'm very keen on the away game to Bath.

Any idea when the fictures are released? I'm very keen on the away game to Bath.

you will have to patient not yet some time in Aug hopefully will try and find out on Mon when i go the club. and you would be much better off (obviously not finacially) coming to watch us in Montpellier, much better place than Bath, although i will be in Bath for our match and Glasgow as well.

Don't get me wrong, it's not as if a trip to Montpellier is unappealing in any way. If I can organise that one then i'd be more than up for that, and you would of course be very welcome to meet me for a beer.

I understand that and how to some clubs the importance will be Top14 just was wondering what the French views on the new structure and changes are. And as is said here a bit the money in Top14 is a lot more benefical than this competition is.

Everybody is more or less happy with the new set up, of course we are better off finacially and also the fact that everybody has to now qualify but i dont think that will make much difference to the Irish teams bar maybe Connaught as they are far above the rest in the Rabo, but it may help to create a better competitive championship for you guys. I think the winners should qualify for the following season but that is not to be, you should be able to have the right to defend your trophy!!!! As far as i am concerned with less teams involved it brings down the odds of us getting Munster in our pool, before i die which has to happen, that is of course as long as we qualify each season, its also a pleasant change from the TOP 14, but dont get me wrong the TOP 14 is the backbone of French rugby and i love it.I am not a person who goes on holiday living in the South of France who would, and i travelled the World while working, but the little 4 day trips around a game of rugby is inspirational, or just i love eating drinking and talking rugby, and i always manage to take a woman with me so perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (the woman is my wife!! had you worried there) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everybody is more or less happy with the new set up, of course we are better off finacially and also the fact that everybody has to now qualify but i dont think that will make much difference to the Irish teams bar maybe Connaught as they are far above the rest in the Rabo, but it may help to create a better competitive championship for you guys. I think the winners should qualify for the following season but that is not to be, you should be able to have the right to defend your trophy!!!! As far as i am concerned with less teams involved it brings down the odds of us getting Munster in our pool, before i die which has to happen, that is of course as long as we qualify each season, its also a pleasant change from the TOP 14, but dont get me wrong the TOP 14 is the backbone of French rugby and i love it.I am not a person who goes on holiday living in the South of France who would, and i travelled the World while working, but the little 4 day trips around a game of rugby is inspirational, or just i love eating drinking and talking rugby, and i always manage to take a woman with me so perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (the woman is my wife!! had you worried there) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When it comes I'll be at the bar with a fresh pint of Guinness for you. Come anyway and I wouldn't mind a trip back to Montpellier. Had great time there when Clermont beat us in Semi Final

When it comes I'll be at the bar with a fresh pint of Guinness for you. Come anyway and I wouldn't mind a trip back to Montpellier. Had great time there when Clermont beat us in Semi Final

I was doing the Tunnel that day i can remember well, how wound up the Munster players were when they came on the field for the start of the game especially i think it was a young lock he was in tears, if i remember did not have a good game, but on the whole an excellent game for everybody although Clermont probably enjoyed it a tad more than you guys!!! They still talk about the amount of beer drunk that day around and in the stadium, the footie guys are pretty ignorant to those sort of sorties, as it was played in their ground, shame there was no Guiness!!!!

I was doing the Tunnel that day i can remember well, how wound up the Munster players were when they came on the field for the start of the game especially i think it was a young lock he was in tears, if i remember did not have a good game, but on the whole an excellent game for everybody although Clermont probably enjoyed it a tad more than you guys!!! They still talk about the amount of beer drunk that day around and in the stadium, the footie guys are pretty ignorant to those sort of sorties, as it was played in their ground, shame there was no Guiness!!!!

Yea drink was dodgy that day but we could've won it had chances but on whole enjoyed Montpellier. What's that big square again in the town

Yea drink was dodgy that day but we could've won it had chances but on whole enjoyed Montpellier. What's that big square again in the town

Place de Comedie!!!!!! i dont think it was the drink that was dodgy more the amount!!!!!! but from what i saw everybody enjoyed themselves and the game was intense right to the final whistle.

Place de Comedie!!!!!! i dont think it was the drink that was dodgy more the amount!!!!!! but from what i saw everybody enjoyed themselves and the game was intense right to the final whistle.

Agreed and location of stadium was hugely impressive. A good bit out of town but with space around tram station up to stadium where all fans could mix and have craic made it brilliant.

As promised, was at the club yesterday and asked about the ECC draw and apparently everyone seems to think last 3rd or 4th week of August but as its a new comp with new officials in a new headquarters there were many Gaellic shrugs of the shoulders and a few je ne sais pas's!!!!!!! so no definite dates at the moment sorry!!!!!

As promised, was at the club yesterday and asked about the ECC draw and apparently everyone seems to think last 3rd or 4th week of August but as its a new comp with new officials in a new headquarters there were many Gaellic shrugs of the shoulders and a few je ne sais pas's!!!!!!! so no definite dates at the moment sorry!!!!!
Aren't dates fixed? We have dates here in Munster just don't know where we going on weekends.

The dates we have already i was talking about the actual matches who plays who for the pool games i need to book my plane tickets, unfortunately the club does not take me, and anyway i always like to stay 3/ 4 days they only stay a couple of days.

The dates we have already i was talking about the actual matches who plays who for the pool games i need to book my plane tickets, unfortunately the club does not take me, and anyway i always like to stay 3/ 4 days they only stay a couple of days.
Got you now, In Munster we've been told to expect them in early August so heres hoping. But the issue I've been told is due to BT and some issues covering games in some places.

Final stage venues and pool games, for the new ECC comes out on Tuesday they stated 1,2, pool games lets hope at least the first 4 pool games!!! need to arrange my travel

Are the dates for the 1st two pool games the last weekend on 31 October to 2 November and the following weekend? That would make it a week or two later than usual.....

Dates as follows weekend 18th Oct.......... WE. 25th Oct

WE 6th Dec...........WE..13TH Dec

WE 17TH Jan WE 24TH Jan 1/4's 4/5th April, Semis 18/19 April Final.....1/2 May Voila mon ami.

Latest posts