• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Cup - Pool 2, Round 4 (Castres, Harlequins, Leinster, Wasps)

I don't understand... a yellow because Poite doesn't know whether contact was made with the eyes?

Does innocent until proven guilty mean nothing? :huh: Surely if Poite doesn't know, it's one for the citing officers?

There was nothing in any of that, just push and shove and man up.
Give a scrum to whoever was in possession and playon.

I love how they're like "Yeah, danny care threw a ball at someone.....nah, madigan striking him in the head is nothing, lets ignore that, the fans won't like it.....anyway, about George Robson......."
Both Madigan and Care lucky to stay on the pitch really, Care was throwing digs on the deck.

If the Hand goes near the eyes, it can't just be left alone. I don't care what the context, nobody puts their hands near the eyes with goo intentions. It's too risky and too dodgy.

I don't understand... a yellow because Poite doesn't know whether contact was made with the eyes?

Does innocent until proven guilty mean nothing? :huh: Surely if Poite doesn't know, it's one for the citing officers?

It's yellow because it was across the face. He's saying it's only​ a yellow because he wasn't sure if it was a gouge.

Chisholm is very lucky that the throw wasn't straight.

One minute left, one point behind and kicking it into touch is a damn basic error.

It's yellow because it was across the face. He's saying it's only​ a yellow because he wasn't sure if it was a gouge.
Ah, okedoke. Makes sense.

Well a wins a win. Second half was dire and that LBP for Quins could be massive but I'll take it. Need a TBP against Castres at home.

When you look at how Quins have played this season in the Prem everyone would think you were crazy if you said they'd be very unlucky 1pt losers to Leinster in Dublin!

They've really fronted up these last two weekends.

When you look at how Quins have played this season in the Prem everyone would think you were crazy if you said they'd be very unlucky 1pt losers to Leinster in Dublin!

They've really fronted up these last two weekends.
I think getting Marler, Care and Brown back is not insignificant tbf.

I think getting Marler, Care and Brown back is not insignificant tbf.
True enough, but they still got nilled at home by Sarries outside of the international period. It's not been a vintage year for them, so far, in any way.

The had Care when we beat them at the Stoop too

*Exhales dramatically*

... If Quins in any way had a winning habit this season they'd be going back to London with a win tonight. Leinster have only played the 1st half last week and this week which is incredibly worrying. Despite Leinster's best efforts to do otherwise they managed to win the game and that's the only positive from the game, the rest is the same rubbish they've served up all year. I'm incredibly worried for the next three weeks, Leinster could potentially lose all three inter-pros and find themselves struggling to qualify for this next year. Anyway, the season staggers on and Leinster may just fall over the line and qualify from one of the weakest groups in European rugby history... Exciting times.

Agreed Marler is has turned into a different beast over last 12 months. Very encouraging!
You know, I agree 100%.

He's always been decent in the loose. A lot of people (including myself) somewhat gave up on him being a potentially good player on the basis of that he was a weak link in the scrum. But over the last year or so, he's had a Healy-like transformation in the scrum, and is now a very competitive player there. I think it's somewhat understated how much he's improved over time.

If he continues to improve at the rate he is, I think Corbisiero's going to have a very hard time of taking his place back re: England.

*Exhales dramatically*

... If Quins in any way had a winning habit this season they'd be going back to London with a win tonight. Leinster have only played the 1st half last week and this week which is incredibly worrying. Despite Leinster's best efforts to do otherwise they managed to win the game and that's the only positive from the game, the rest is the same rubbish they've served up all year. I'm incredibly worried for the next three weeks, Leinster could potentially lose all three inter-pros and find themselves struggling to qualify for this next year. Anyway, the season staggers on and Leinster may just fall over the line and qualify from one of the weakest groups in European rugby history... Exciting times.

I'm not really going to disagree with much of that right now but I think you're forgetting how terrible some groups were in the H Cup.

I'm not really going to disagree with much of that right now but I think you're forgetting how terrible some groups were in the H Cup.

I can't remember a single one that only had one team in the top half of their domestic league at Christmas... in fifth... with less wins than 6th... and a team in dead last... to be honest, it's most likely the weakest pool ever without an Italian or Scottish side.

I can't remember a single one that only had one team in the top half of their domestic league at Christmas... in fifth... with less wins than 6th... and a team in dead last... to be honest, it's most likely the weakest pool ever without an Italian or Scottish side.

Well thats a brand new qualifier from you isn't it :p not including the scots or italians like...

Looking at the teams on paper, which I think you have to do to a degree in Europe, it's not really as weak a pool as you're making out.

A factor which hasn't been considered and should at least be mentioned is that no coach with the exception of Gibbes will know as much about us or be as pumped as O'Shea and your coach being abnormally pumped can make a big difference.

whoo, 14-13 ! Well done Leinster. 3/3 French teams, Irish teams beating English teams...Today's a good day :D

Really dispondent we lost actually. That one really did get away we were better than them.

The TBP is huge. We need to win our next 2 games in theory, we should. Wasps will get 5 points, no doubt tomorrow in their last game at their home against a non interested french side.

Wasps vs Leinster could decide who qualifies as best second place (which I think one of the 2 teams will). If I was to call it now, Wasps will win with Home advantage. Leinster can't score tries it's a simple as that. Wasps score by the bucket load.

Latest posts