• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions League 06/07

If we want to pick over each others statements and twist the words, then hey...

Actually I have good grounds to ban you, as I have banned Lora before for similar stuff and it is actually in the rules of the board, not that you would of read them, cos you don't seem to read anything else...[/b]

Your telling me, everyone here, has read the rules, and all the T + C's? Hell, I haven't read the constitution of America. I still went.

The Bad towns is based on towns themselves not actual individuals, so I don't see the comparisson, so you try and pull something back on me, anti english and anti welsh comments are based on teams and banter, you were using a stereotype to be insulting and abusive to members of the board.[/b]

Banter, which is based on stereotypes or my views based somewhat on stereotypes? Which is different?

No your wrong again Black Monday, Some of Our Fans are wankers, every club has wankers, whoever you are... You need to read up on history and stop reading the Sun newspaper, as Stuey will probably back me up there is more to the Hillsborough and Heysel disasters than what was actually made official.[/b]

I have never read the Sun in my life, Hell I don't need to to know that those disasters were not a matter of bad policing. Your lot, jumped the gates and crushed in. Honestly, did the police tell them to jump over and Course not. I could also mention the wallets and *******, but thats the propaganda the media fed me....

The reason why there was no trouble or any known trouble in Paris is because they know how to organise events of a large scale, Athens wasn't prepared for the number of Liverpool Fans that were due, they therefore caused problems, tickets weren't checked properly as you were asked to hold them above your head and the police paniced and didn't know how to control the situation...
[/b]

Face it, where Liverpool fans go, trouble follows. Fair enough, the St. Denis stadium is better equipped for football, but even they could not hold back a charge without a bit manhandling.

Man United Fans got involved in clashes with Roma fans earlier on the Champions League, that is therefore
their minority of fans... You will also probably find that the people who caused the trouble in Athens weren't season ticket holders and were purely going over to try and find a way into the game...
[/b]

Yes, but theres having a minority, and theres a MINORITY of the magnitude you are talking of. I am not tarnishing every supporter of your football club. If I was, I wouldn't have put 'fan' so much in my comment. So don't get overly offended, although I have probably pressed too many buttons. I am trying to comment on the contingent which pillage and free load where they go.

However I think it is entrenched in every one associated with the mersey heartland, to be self righteous and at the same time. Loving to be villified. If you choose to stoop to the levels of those that inhabit parts of merseyside you can. However, I have no doubts being a fan of liverpool can be great at times. I admire the chanting and flags of the Kop. Something I may one day experience, Hopefully from the Away.

I just hope you don't have to defend every scouser in existence, because even you must know there are no bright lights to be seen out every part. I just felt, a different point of view would be nice to bring to the discussion. I have liverpool supporters as friends, even they sometimes say liverpool is a dump. Where some would rather knick your car stereo, than shake your hand.

This is by no way a statement of me backing down, but I hardly want to be banned over personal opinion. It is obvious you have yours, and I have mine.

BM

No your wrong again Black Monday, Some of Our Fans are wankers, every club has wankers, whoever you are... You need to read up on history and stop reading the Sun newspaper, as Stuey will probably back me up there is more to the Hillsborough and Heysel disasters than what was actually made official.[/b]

I have never read the Sun in my life, Hell I don't need to to know that those disasters were not a matter of bad policing. Your lot, jumped the gates and crushed in. Honestly, did the police tell them to jump over and Course not. I could also mention the wallets and *******, but thats the propaganda the media fed me....[/b]

Please read this about the Hillsborough disaster as it actually clears up what you seem to think was Liverpool Fans Jumping Gates, when actually the police opened them

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillsborough_disaster

I know your going to say its Wiki but when the Police Officier in charge has come out and admited he has lied about things in his statement, including that Liverpool Fans had pushed down and jumped over a gate, you simply can't comment on things you don't know the full facts on, hence why I would like to point out the facts to make you understand...

Also details on the Heysel disaster and what had previously happened that sparked it, including Ticket Sales yet again and Uefa picking a stadium unfit for holding the event.. (sound familar)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heysel_Stadium_disaster

With Heysel there has to blame placed to some extent on some of the Fans, but not all of it, as there are many factors to blame..

I would just like it if you read these two wiki articles, and understood the true facts rather than the stuff the media portrays...

The reason why there was no trouble or any known trouble in Paris is because they know how to organise events of a large scale, Athens wasn't prepared for the number of Liverpool Fans that were due, they therefore caused problems, tickets weren't checked properly as you were asked to hold them above your head and the police paniced and didn't know how to control the situation...
[/b]

Face it, where Liverpool fans go, trouble follows. Fair enough, the St. Denis stadium is better equipped for football, but even they could not hold back a charge without a bit manhandling.[/b]

Your baseing what you are saying on what the Media/UEFA has said, you should read some of the Genuine Fans with tickets view... I am not going to defend every Liverpool Fan but I will defend the majority of them as they are Genuine Fans who have season tickets and support the club 100%.... But I will agree there are unfortunately Yobs who support our team, and were also nicking tickets of other fans, please do read my other posts as I have mentioned this before and I don't like having to repeat myself...

I will defend the majority of them as they are Genuine Fans who have season tickets and support the club 100%
[/b]

But if they are going to the ground without tickets or tickets they know to be fake how can you defend them...everyone wants to see their team play but there is only so many seats.

Just taking the attitude that the rules don't apply to me isn't an option.

SB

<div class='quotemain'>
I will defend the majority of them as they are Genuine Fans who have season tickets and support the club 100%
[/b]

But if they are going to the ground without tickets or tickets they know to be fake how can you defend them...everyone wants to see their team play but there is only so many seats.

SB [/b][/quote]

You have taken my last quote out the context, it was put in, I was defending the fans with Genuine Tickets, who knew they would get into the game with the ticket they had... as the only people able to get genuine tickets which weren't on the black market were people with season tickets...

Also another point when you get knobends going to the game pushing down barriers and shouting justice for the 96 as they do so, it takes a lot of the hard work done by fans to get a better reputation and also rally their cause, people like that deserve to be banned from football for life...

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

SB [/b][/quote]

You have taken my last quote out the context, it was put in, I was defending the fans with Genuine Tickets, who knew they would get into the game with the ticket they had... as the only people able to get genuine tickets which weren't on the black market were people with season tickets...

Also another point when you get knobends going to the game pushing down barriers and shouting justice for the 96 as they do so, it takes a lot of the hard work done by fans to get a better reputation and also rally their cause, people like that deserve to be banned from football for life...
[/b][/quote]

Ah then we are in total agreement. I'd even defend, though not justify, the actions of the fans who ended up scuffling with the police down there. Imagine how gutted you'd be if you'd went all that way with a legit ticket and were refused entry. You'd be beyond seething.

What could the police do...looking objectively at the whole thing they probably saved lives.

The people who bunked in are scabs...plain and simple.

The people that blagged their way in deserve to be banned from football stadiums around the world for life... I have doubt that the police did save lives however they went about it, from the accounts that Dan has briefly told me as well...

But there does need to be a serious look at UEFA's ticketing and choices of stadia over the past couple of years, although last year was an exception due to it being a special occassion..

Latest posts