• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions League Thread

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Oct 4 2004, 07:00 PM
Who DOESN'T have a long dry spell in the Premiership?

The country's new golden boy has only scored 7 goals in a total of 48 Premiership apperances!
He's a provider as well though, something which Owen is not nearly as good at.

Rooney is a breath of fresh air, a new young Shearer style striker, not afraid to use his strength and have a go at people with the ball.

It's so good to new an old fashioned striker who can score and provide with equal aplomb.

Match day 3 results

Group A
Monaco 2-1 Olympiacos
Liverpool 0-0 Deportivo
Group B
Real Madrid 1-0 Dynamo Kyiv
Leverkusen 3-1 Roma
Group C
Juventus 1-0 Bayern
Ajax 3-0 M. Tel-Aviv
Group D
Sparta 0-0 Man. United
Fenerbahçe 1-3 Lyon
Group E
Rosenborg 1-2 PSV
Panathinaikos 2-2 Arsenal
Group F
Milan 1-0 Barcelona
Shakhtar 3-0 Celtic
Group G
Anderlecht 1-2 Bremen
Valencia 1-5 Internazionale
Group H
Chelsea 2-0 CSKA Moskva
PSG 2-0 Porto

Oh well dreadful night again for Celtic away from home, all that's left is a UEFA cup spot and that'll be thoroughly difficult. Milan in charge of the group after their win.
Another win from Chelsea, who needs a striker when they've got John Terry, dissapppointing from Arsenal letting the lead slip twice but still a point and 2 home wins will see them through. Impressive win from Inter at the Mestalla. Liverpool really should have won against Depor, played well in what wasn't a bore draw, should have won by 3.

Match Day 4 Results

Group A
Deportivo 0-1 Liverpool
Olympiakos 1-0 Monaco
Group B
Kiev 2-2 Real
Roma 1-1 Leverkusen
Group C
Bayern 0-1 Juventus
Macabi 2-1 Ajax
Group D
Man Utd 4-1 Sparta Prague
Lyon 4-2 Fenerbache
Group E
Arsenal 1-1 Panathanaikos
PSV 1-0 Rosenborg
Group F
Barcelona 2-1 Milan
Celtic 1-0 Shaktar
Group G
Bremen 5-1 Anderlecht
Inter 0-0 Valencia
Group H
CSKA 0-1 Chelsea
Porto 0-0 PSG

Great win for Liverpool especially after losing Alonso at the last minute. Handy win for Man Utd, Chelsea just keep winning in the champions league and are really looking the best of the English teams to go all the way. Arsenal just seem to be spluttering their way through and are looking likely to qualify in second place which will certainly make their last 16 tie very tasty. Celtic finally get off the mark but Milan couldn't get the win that'd give them a realistic chance of qualifying.

Superb result for Liverpool I'm absolutely delighted with that win.

It's in our own hands now.

The 4-1 scoreline at Old Trafford was a joke - at 2-0 Prague were hammering at United's door and should have scored at least twice before they did.

Originally posted by An Tarbh@Nov 5 2004, 12:34 AM
Well and good but his fourth goal was a touch offside.
Didn't make much difference by then though.

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+Nov 6 2004, 09:25 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaintsFan_Webby @ Nov 6 2004, 09:25 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-An Tarbh
@Nov 5 2004, 12:34 AM
Well and good but his fourth goal was a touch offside.
Didn't make much difference by then though. [/b]
Incompetent officiating always makes a difference.

Another way of looking at it is that that decision has given Van Nistelrooy a share of the individual scoring record in a CL match.
<

None of them from outside the 18 yard box...........................................

Don't get me wrong by the way, Van Nistelrooy is a superb player.

But you're quite right, comparisons to Van Basten are well off the mark, Van Basten is one of the best players that has graced this planet.

Precisely.

Although he has cut the diving out a lot since his first season Van Nistelrooy is still a deplorable individual imo.

Van Basten was and is a true great.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Nov 7 2004, 12:04 AM
None of them from outside the 18 yard box...........................................
That shows a true predators instict though. It's like moaning at Beckham because he hardly ever scores from open play.

He IS a true predator. But if you stop United getting crosses into the box he WILL NOT score!

i dont know why people call him a cheat.
specially the gunners coach mr asshole ******.
i dont even know why he was suspened, soccer players are really a bunch of poofs.
dont get me wrong, i enjoy the sport. but i really get sick of watching players going off on a stretcher in agony then 5 mins later they run back on and the crowd is cheering them.
anyway...
enough of the ranting...

match day 5 is upon us so i thought id ask the question....
from what youve seen so far, who do you think will win the CL?
id like to say Man Utd. but after watching 'El Clasico' on the weekend id have to say Barca. they were pretty impresive.
they have some brilliant attacking players which can open up any defence.
Eto, Larson, Ronaldihnio, Van Bronkhurst & Deco.
they were pretty impressive.
if im not mistaken henrik larson has an interesting match up in celtic vs barca.

no what would make the champions league better....if they got better camera's for f*** sake it looks so **** watching it on espn jeez my phone camera has beta quality than that

Latest posts