• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Championship 2014/15

Just tuned in to the last 5 mins. Wow. What a finish. Feel for Bristol though, hopefully they come up next year.

Good god, the ol' ticker can't take much more of that. What a stormer of a match. Commis to Bristol, fed up of playing you for the last 4 seasons, but what's another year? Well done Wuss, best of luck back in the prem. When will we see you again, who knows?

Genuinely feel exhausted after that :lol:

I love Chris Pennell - gutted he's not in the EPS.

I wonder if Wuss will take some of the Bris players to the Premiership with them.

I wonder if Wuss will take some of the Bris players to the Premiership with them.
I wonder if any of the Bristol players have get out clauses in their contract.
I know there was talk of Varndell having one.

Compared to LW this is a team for the top league!! Mind you Bristol would also be worthy premiership too!!

Look forward to seeing how they both go next season!!

I wonder if any of the Bristol players have get out clauses in their contract.
I know there was talk of Varndell having one.
Yeah, those are the lines I was thinking along.

One of the biggest problems for teams being promoted from the Championship is that they suddenly need to recruit a new calibre of player, but most deals are already done, and there are slim pickings left. In conjunction, a lot of the Premiership teams will have already completed the majority of their recruitment, and are out of salary cap/budget room to sign anyone else.

So I wouldn't be surprised if Wuss outbid everyone for the out of contract/get-out-clause Bristol players and bring quite a few with them. If I was Ryan, I'd be shaking a few hands before this evening is finished!

I had the turn the game off it was far too tense for my likings, im so fricking happy!!!! well done bristol bloody fierce competitors.

Well not a huge follower of the championship. But watched both games and massive credit to both teams as it was 2 cracking games. Dean Ryan I think will be perfectly ready for premiership next year and well he seems to have got Lamb looking much more mature and comfortable.

Jack Lam cannot stay in the Championship, as great as it would be for the tournament.

Worcester and Bristol would improve the premiership no-end as replacements for LW.

Also... Chris Pennell - what a guy.

Last edited:

Latest posts