• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Championship 2014/15

psychic duck

International
Great to see David Lemi having a stormer on his return to Bristol. He's been on good form ever since Dean Richards slagged him off as 'too old'. :lol:

Was a good win. Deserved it I thought. Lemi had a good game, Morgan did well. Evans had a big first half. Much to work on but we couldnt have started with a harder game

Went to the Notts Bedford game and was quite looking forward to seeing Nathan Earle. Looked really dangerous but unfortunately got what looked like a bad injury about 30 minutes in. Bit of a shame as I was hoping to see him get some more game time this season.
Anyone know if it was a bad one?

ROUND 1 RESULTS:

Bristol 23-19 Worcester
L. Scottish 32-23 Rotherham
Moseley 22-22 Jersey
Doncaster 27-6 Plymouth
Nottingham 19-10 Bedford

Good wins for London Scotish and Nottingham. Donny win 1st game back in this league and a goodwin for Bristol against the relegated Worcester (huzzah)

Bit late to comment, thought Bristol were the better team and deserved the win, I have no idea why we didn't play van velze though

ROUND 1 RESULTS:

Moseley 22-22 Jersey

The Moseley v Jersey match looked like it was going to be a Jersey win. Moseley left it until about the last 15 minutes and played like mad to secure a draw in the dying seconds!

London Scottish get 3rd bonus point win in a row, but very much squeaky bum time with a very lacklustre 2nd half performance, letting a 16 point lead slip to 6 and defending their try line right to the last. Huge task ahead to keep it going at Bristol next week.

Results since 13/9

Sunday 5th October
London Scottish 64 - 16 Plymouth Albion
Nottingham 26 - 20 Yorkshire Carnegie

Saturday 4th October
Bedford Blues 25 - 20 Jersey
Moseley 14 - 59 Bristol Rugby
Rotherham ***ans 7 - 47 Worcester
Doncaster Knights 22 - 24 Cornish Pirates

Sunday 28th September
Cornish Pirates 29 - 19 Moseley
Yorkshire Carnegie 23 - 32 Doncaster Knights

Saturday 27th September
Jersey 29 - 32 Rotherham ***ans
Plymouth Albion 22 - 31 Bedford Blues
Worcester 55 - 16 Nottingham

Friday 26th September
Bristol Rugby 42 - 17 London Scottish

Sunday 21st September
Bristol Rugby 45 - 17 Cornish Pirates
Nottingham 12 - 39 Jersey

Saturday 20th September
London Scottish 36 - 30 Bedford Blues
Rotherham ***ans 30 - 25 Plymouth Albion
Doncaster Knights 16 - 32 Worcester

Friday 19th September
Moseley 28 - 32 Yorkshire Carnegie

Sunday 14th September
Cornish Pirates 19 - 30 London Scottish
Yorkshire Carnegie 13 - 26 Bristol Rugby

Saturday 13rd September
Bedford Blues 15 - 42 Rotherham ***ans
Jersey 17 - 23 Doncaster Knights
Plymouth Albion 17 - 24 Nottingham
Worcester 23 - 7 Moseley

ycOU0LJ.png

So the end of the championship season and bristol finished top of the league. Discipline lost us the home game and going into the play offs I'm not feeling confident about Worcester's chances considering the fact we lost at home with a nearly full strength team against a fairly week bristol team. Bristol don't look like they will bottle it this year.

Here's hoping and dreaming this year. What do you all think about this possible extension to the premiership of 2 teams and no relegation promotion for 3 yrs?

Doubt it - he signed his 3 (?) year deal after Wuss were already going down, and turned down a "rumoured" offer from Bath this season (hence them being stuck with Homer).

Bath offered him a deal last season when he was about to renew he prob has the idea that wuss would go up (which they still can)

Maybe the fact that he could potentially have been England 1st choice ATM might make him wonder more, I bet he does have the option if he wanted of leaving.

He did have a Leicester Tigers kit when he was younger ;)

I'm sure that if Worcester don't get promoted pennell will unfortunately leave, which I can't blame him for he is one of the most loyal players in the squad. We do have a decent replacement if that is the case however so all is not lost he he does decide to leave. Even though Worcester have lost both previous games against bristol, either game could have gone either way so I don't think we should be written off yet.

God only knows why Bristol started with Matt Morgan.
His "defence" (if you can call it that) was genuinely the worst I've ever seen from a professional rugby player, he wasn't running the game whatsoever, wasn't goal kicking and wasn't taking the kicks for touch.
Nicky Robinson's come on and basically single handedly dragged Bristol into the lead.

32 - 20, FT

Considering the crazy amounts of money, and the names, in that Bristol side it took them over an hour to get into the lead, at home.
Roth's forwards were creaking late on and they gave away a penalty try which basically sealed the deal.
I reckon Roth could turn Bristol over at home, but I can't see them winning by 13.

Last edited:
Nick Robinson was very good at managing the game when he came on, and Bristol were much more dangerous for it.

These home and away semis are really interesting.

London Scottish 22 - 27 Worcester Warriors, after a Wuss scrum penalty try in overtime.

Latest posts