• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Changes from Rugby 08

OK TRF guys you cant tell me your happy knowing that HB have had four years to tweak, add new animations etc, and by the looks it have done as little as possible!! FOUR YEARS!!!!!! Even Rugby 08 had all the competitions and the 2007 World Cup. I know you guys are the "EXCLUSIVE" RWC 2011 game news forum, but I sense a lil bit of bias!!

Maybe yous know more about what HB plans on doing with the rugby franchise of games, but when they only bring out games every four years, to me its seems like a cash up. I maybe totally wrong with what there intentions are, but it just doesnt sit right with me aye. Watching that video of the boys game testing it, all I saw was the same game I have been playing for 4years or close to 6years I think, as 06 was pretty much the same as 08.

where I say that?
I said from the first screenshots that looked identical to Rugby 08 except for the graphics and you always answered that I had to play it first. You can't defend this game forever, we had proof that this game will be rugby 08 with "next-gen" graphics and with 50 teams in less.

what a pity

Stop making this about yourself ... really stop it. Not cool.

OK TRF guys you cant tell me your happy knowing that HB have had four years to tweak, add new animations etc, and by the looks it have done as little as possible!! FOUR YEARS!!!!!! Even Rugby 08 had all the competitions and the 2007 World Cup. I know you guys are the "EXCLUSIVE" RWC 2011 game news forum, but I sense a lil bit of bias!!

Maybe yous know more about what HB plans on doing with the rugby franchise of games, but when they only bring out games every four years, to me its seems like a cash up. I maybe totally wrong with what there intentions are, but it just doesnt sit right with me aye. Watching that video of the boys game testing it, all I saw was the same game I have been playing for 4years or close to 6years I think, as 06 was pretty much the same as 08.

Ah wonder when you would pop up again.

Game has been in development for around 2 years ... not the 4 you claim.

Your argument is a little boring about TRF being biased ... we were quite honest on the play test and quite a bit has gone back to HB about it. It's actually pathetic with the fanboys having a dig at us for being biased. Getofmeland writes a tidy review of RC and still gets slated because he is biased. People like yourself are unreal.

Rugby'08 let me remind you was produced by EA ... with their financial clout it was easy to obtain licenses ... or have you just overlooked it.

Last edited:
ok yeah I stop it. But for the first time you heve to admit you're wrong about RWC 2011 :D

Wrong about what about RWC? That I enjoyed the game.

You assumed that my post was about yourself, when in reality it never mentioned yourself. Read it might help you.

Wrong about what about RWC? That I enjoyed the game.

You assumed that my post was about yourself, when in reality it never mentioned yourself. Read it might help you.

hehe okokok :D

Your argument is a little boring about TRF being biased ... we were quite honest on the play test and quite a bit has gone back to HB about it. It's actually pathetic with the fanboys having a dig at us for being biased. Getofmeland writes a tidy review of RC and still gets slated because he is biased. People like yourself are unreal.

Rugby'08 let me remind you was produced by EA ... with their financial clout it was easy to obtain licenses ... or have you just overlooked it.

Gotta agree here (being someone who is looking more forward to Rugby Challenge)

If anything the only bias people here are the people who rate RC over RWC 2011 (which I do as well)

They're probably more bias because they know themselves that the game looks way better (RC) and therefore anything positive about RWC 2011 must be incorrect and thus bias. Every game has its positives and negatives, some with less, some with more.

I don't think the review is bias. No review as of late around here has been. Sure I have seen some bit of bias coming through but that's human nature.

The reviews have simply outlined what the player liked and disliked, what more can you want? Just because someone likes/ dislikes something doesn't mean you well. That's why several reviews are handy and generally always different.

A reviewer if wanting to be bias about a game that isn't 'looking' as good as another he would just outline less of the stuff he disliked about the said game. I don't think anything has been made up. Being bias would mean things being left out (negatives for the game they like, positives for the game they hate) Since you can't tell this how can you claim someone to being bias?

It's not like one review has a whole list of just positives and the other just negatives.

!POP!
Why does it seem like your abit frustrated!!!!! Was waiting for a reply like THAT!!

I have not overlooked that EA were producers of that series of games, just critical of the fact that even with 2years behind developing this game not much in fact has changed. Come on I dont say things to get reactions off people, but even in the TRFs review of RC it still seemed to steer towards one way!! Maybe my chairs just a little crooked to some but it seemed that way. Now im sick of Rugby08, I dont want to see the same tackles as 08, I dont want to see the same sidestep, fend, offload animtions!! Im sick of it. Absolutely no new animations!! Correct me if im wrong please.

Its also abit disheartening when TRF staffers refers to posts or TRF members as you have above.

Last edited:
!POP!
Why does it seem like your abit frustrated!!!!! Was waiting for a reply like THAT!!

I have not overlooked that EA were producers of that series of games, just critical of the fact that even with 2years behind developing this game not much in fact has changed. Come on I dont say things to get reactions off people, but even in the TRFs review of RC it still seemed to steer towards one way!! Maybe my chairs just a little crooked to some but it seemed that way. Now im sick of Rugby08, I dont want to see the same tackles as 08, I dont want to see the same sidestep, fend, offload animtions!! Im sick of it. Absolutely no new animations!! Correct me if im wrong please.

Its also abit disheartening when TRF staffers refers to posts or TRF members as you have above.

from the official announcement:

the innovative and unique game will reflect in detail the incredible action and passion of Rugby's showcase sporting event with the most accurate Rugby experience ever created.

innovative like rugby 08?

it would have been better to pay for new animations(motion capture)than pay for a few licences,
find it hard to beleive that same old animation of the attacking player being tackled falling over the try line is still in, .
did they really just use the old motion capture program data,and just put in onto the new engine?
euphoria was there for you.
505 too.

very serious here, you living on another planet, if you think you can use this engine again , next year or something.

will be buying it, only for rugbys sake,and that the faults can be seen, to make the best rugby games ever.

Starting to wonder if people even read the TRF reviews of the game... they're obviously the most qualified to comment on the game, but people still constantly go on and on about how 'it's just 08 revamped!' when the TRF guys have confirmed it's not...
All I can say is:
broken+record.jpg

where I say that?
I said from the first screenshots that looked identical to Rugby 08 except for the graphics and you always answered that I had to play it first. You can't defend this game forever, we had proof that this game will be rugby 08 with "next-gen" graphics and with 50 teams in less.

what a pity

When? Where?

I'd be curious to see this evidence. It must be a different build to the game I played 2 days ago.

Some people read what they want to read, unfortunately
They make their mind up based on very little evidence and then stubbornly refuse to accept anything new

When? Where?

I'd be curious to see this evidence. It must be a different build to the game I played 2 days ago.

from the RWC2011 playtest, the game could well be rugby 08 with new graphic

from the RWC2011 playtest, the game could well be rugby 08 with new graphic

In terms of one big green pitch and 2 teams, yes. The same way Fifa 11 os only Fifa 2000 with pretty graphics.

Forget the preconceived hyperbole spouted by naysayers. The engine is a world apart. The animations don't mean sod all.

In terms of one big green pitch and 2 teams, yes. The same way Fifa 11 os only Fifa 2000 with pretty graphics.

Forget the preconceived hyperbole spouted by naysayers. The engine is a world apart. The animations don't mean sod all.

ok, always be content with the bare minimum

Mite isn't the kind of person to say he likes something when he really doesn't :p

sorry for english :D

maybe it's just a saying in Italian, I tried to translate it into English. I'm sorry :D

However, I tried to say that the greatest games are so good because the programmers do not leave out anything, not even the smallest details.

Last edited:
I don't see any bias here.

I think HB, for a solo game away from EA have punched above their weight. I'm sure Sidhe will have done so too. Well done to them. I thank them for bothering to release a game in a tiny market that is very difficult, and without thanks.

I'm disappointed that many of you feel that you need a invest in a dream of a video game to fill a void in your life. Game developers owe you nothing. I think some of you actually have an issue distinguishing between reality and virtual reality and need to get out a bit more.

Last edited:
well, actually I love rugby challenge and I think that sidhe has done an excellent job, I'll buy RC, in fact, rugby challenge is exactly what I hoped it was. With RWC 2011 they have promised the greatest rugby simulation ever to find themselves in front of a gaming system identical to the past.

Latest posts