• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Changes from Rugby 08

like-talking-to-a-wall-demotivational-poster-1254257840.jpg

ok as you want, you do not find me in this topic again.

don't know why every one is bad mouthing the game it looks brilliant and it has the aviva and ireland licensed thats all i need and besides weren't most of if not all of you extactic when rugby 2012 was first announced and now that their is a secound rugby game coming out your suddenley pickey i mean srsly there is two rugby game's coming out be happy.

sorry for english :D

maybe it's just a saying in Italian, I tried to translate it into English. I'm sorry :D

However, I tried to say that the greatest games are so good because the programmers do not leave out anything, not even the smallest details.

"SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH." Maybe that is the problem, because have you to read in ENGLISH all the things added to the game. If not please take the time and please do, and oh (SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH TO, because I am originally from Argentina:)

To get back on target with the main topic CHANGES FROM RUGBY 08, oh and sorry again for the caps, but some people I guess miss the ***le.
Changes from o8 (ACA esta Mr Sozo)
1. quick ball from the ruck, can change the game play greatly(quick ball does not mean A speedy Gonzales ball!!!)
2. better graphics
3. Smoother animations with better feel to the control, does not seem so animated.
4 RUCKING TACTICS (have you read all the potential changes that can be done in game on the fly(fly is not growing wings and flying around the pitch calling tactics,) Now this can really change the gameplay completely!!!!!
5. Better quick ball for when the ball goes out, confirmed by trf staff
6 new, rucking system, you can over do it or under do it, quite different from previous system, risk vs reward system.
7 secured rucks, (so you can finally concentrate on set plays, and not get ball turned over while making selection:) this alone changes the gameplay quite a bit ( a secured ruck does not mean a padlock on the ball!!!)
8. Effective open play quick ball after penalty.
9. Super man tackles seemed to be toned down
10. Smother running set plays, do not seem so robotic, confirmed by a few reviews
11. offloads, (there is more opurtunity for this) AJ has said they have been improved
12. defensive( strafe button) could change completely how defense if played, particularly goal line defense
13. forward play, you now have full control of the forwards, they don't automaticaly shoot forward and get tackled, you can manually change directions. (This will change forward play significantly.
14. grubber kick improved you have a quick grubber added, this will change kicking and tactics some what, if you can do a quick grubber to your teamates. (quick grubber is not "a quick meal"!!!)
15. chip kick, was not in previous games (chipped kick is not a player with a missing toe kicking!!!!)
16. killing the ball feature(does not mean to murder ball)/ Not 100% on this one (AJ can confirm) but I thought it has been changed so that not always will the offense get the call.
17. Improved AI, has already been confirmed by several people who have played the game.
Well these are some the things I can think of (off the top of my head:)) What a small list right?? Right??:)
Yes I to would of like some changes in the mauls, lineouts, and scrums, but all in all if you are quite fair, I think they have made a considerable amount of additions, to the game. I think alot of people just ("love to say it is just like 08") without really thinking what they are saying. Think please before you make a comment!!!
This game has much more changes then many of the fifa's, pes games or for any sports game for that matter. Give the game not a chance, but at least a weeks chance so you can really see and experiment with the changes made,(they are giving us a demo for this) and then if you do not like it, then say "I don't like it" and not because it is like 08, but because simply you just don't like it.
Cheers and Salud

Last edited:
Does this " fanboy " term only apply to people who have chosen to place rc 1st on their " rugby games to buy " list or is it interchangeable?

Does this " fanboy " term only apply to people who have chosen to place rc 1st on their " rugby games to buy " list or is it interchangeable?

Do trolls have sensitive nerves? Do you not like that word being said?

Not at all - a fanboy is someone who blindly follows one thing while slating the other completely in spite of everything

Just a coincedence that there are more RC fans like this than RWC fans

The good thing about the two games is that if one doesnt satisfy you, you can grab the other one, these guys do their best to make games that are quality. **** I couldnt do what they do. I prefer RC from what I have seen but that doesnt make me bitter at RWC. Some people dont like RC but that doenst make them bias its just an opinion bud

no fanboys are people who give there biased and unfounded opinions over and over when no one gives two shits

I think it will be interesting to see what everyone prefers after the demo is released. If the game is what some of the members are talking it up to be I'm sure this will be reflected in a poll that is bound to be set up. If you don't like RWC2011 it will probably be a gamble in buying RC as we have seen the gameplay videos (which I think look brilliant) and reviews from people who have enjoyed it but most of us will not have played it and with is being Sidhe's first union game there's always a chance that the systems they have implemented are not to our liking.
I'm looking forward to see if there are any brilliant new features in RWC that separates the game from 08, although I am not expecting any improvements based on the videos that I have seen.

Have read Reviews for RugbySpectator and AverageGamer.. They said the RWC is a good game.

Also read the reviews for RC as well.. Even by TRF.. they both say RC is a good game too.

So whats the problem people? Will be buying both games.

Im leaning towards RC coz it seems to have more features, graphics look sweet and gameplay looks good too. So that means it will be fun and will last longer.

RWC2011 from reviews seems to have improved on gameplay and graphics (But RC looks better IMO), however lack of club teams means its a minus, But that is not their fault. From the sound of gameplay it sounds good and FUN, which is the main point.

Since the majority of us have been used to playing HB previous ***les, i want to play RWC2011 coz its more familiar... Hopefully they will continue to make another ***le next with more licenses.

Other then that, 2 great playable games. Dont know why some people have the nerve to try and completely put down the work of people from another company. They have feelings too you know.

Too much internet rage.

I think it's fair that RWC11 follows 08 and 06 because it is a direct sequel. And has been said, you need at least 5 years to really develop a new engine to perfection. There does still seem to be a bit of 'bunching' as you are calling it, but it's not critical. You don't really see it unless you watch for it.

What they needed perhaps was some new passing anims, a pop pass, a flat pass, a messy pass and that kind of thing, as you don't spin normally a ball everytime you pass. They try celebrations seem better and more spirited, than from 08.

My main concern for the gameplay was scrums, rucking, lineouts and mauling. I don't think i've ever managed to set-up a maul in R08, and that is key part of certain teams play, like Fiji and the Boks etc.. so i hope that has been addressed perhaps with team playings styles.

Lineouts, well i guess they aren't glamourous anyway, but they used to look very samey and had this kind of slow motion feel to them in 08 which was boring to watch over and over.

Scrums, i hope that they've made them a bit more realistic, where you don't get shoved around so easily.

The rucks, look much better. They were kind of a non-element in R08 and its a key area to keeping possession and you should be rewarded with the ball if you actually do bother to try to.

What they need is just one key commands, so when a player is held-up going into a crowd of players, he can choose to maul, or go to ground to set-up a quick ruck, rather than be tackled and be forced to go to ground and it's a lottery.. Just like in real rugby.

It'll be the best system for this game, where like you have the 'mark' button for the FB or winger, you can choose to key what tactic you'll be doing and the teams react accordingly, like a FB chip and chase, clearance, or play loose.

Pre-ordered Rugby Challenge first. Saw Gameplay footage :eek:. Then went and pre-ordered RWC 2011. Saw Gameplay footage :eek:.

I had high hopes for Rugby League (Sidhe's original) and all it's "Features" (SoO, WCC etc) ultimately, it's gameplay was sadly lacking. Nice Stadiums tho.

I've bought both, therefore I have a right to complain - that said I haven't played either YET.
Therefore I will hold my hopes high for both. I also don't intend to complain - what's the point? - Developers will do what they do. I'll just answer with my Wallet.

As an aside, the cheerful fellows that provided the RWC footage playtesting, if no-one has thanked you for your efforts (as well as the review) then thank you.

However, I would seriously damage you in RWC2008.

looks like they have made kicking a lot harder you lot could kick for goal to save your life think i only saw 1 or2 go over

Latest posts