• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Changing of the laws?

Simmer down will you. Getting sick of your assumptions. I have reffed thank you very much.

Im afraid top level ref's are there for the reason as they are supposedly the best they are. Of course they make an odd mistake, everyone does, yet the same ref's are constantly getting it wrong! Take Kaplan for example, he reffed the last Welsh game against the All Blacks terrible, no? The answer is yes. As a man who is a ref you should therefore know how many errors Kaplan has made and also the error's he continually makes in most of his other games are simply poor. He is classed as a top international ref but really he is not.

I don't buy the argument of that they have to interpret. If they are unclear then they should seek advice from the IRB ... quite simple really. I also disagree with teams meeting the ref a few days before kick off to see how he interprets the game. Again this shows that different ref's interpret the laws differently.

You watch games in the NH and SH you see the game is reffed differently. How many games recently have you watched teams diving over the top of rucks getting penalised? Or the ref getting the calls at the scrum correct. Reffing the scrum is not as difficult as it believed. One simple solution for stopping problems at the scrum would make the props bind correctly ... no? If players stop binding on the arms then half of the problems encountered at the scrum would be solved.

Also if ref's talked a bit more through the game ala Tony Spreadbury / Nigel Owens esq then players would understand the game. Problem with Kaplan is that communication is minimal and when he is not communicating thats when the problems occur. As a player who is playing a tidy standard of rugby when a ref is communicating with you, you know where you stand and you know what you can get away with or what you can't.

there is no need to get so offended when smart cooky had made a good, smart legitimate point what teams have you refed for?

Latest posts