• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Chappel Hadlee Series

well we could still choke in the world cup but at least our batsmen are getting some runs and we have chased down some huge totals in the last 2 games. this does give the team confidence which you want going into a tournament and I am now confident nz will make at least the semis

NZ really know how to come back...all credit to them...ACTUALLY! HOLD UP! AUSTRALIA THREW THE GAME AGAIN COME TO THINK OF IT!

BAH!!!!

Gee Aussies really have a weakness defending their totals. They batted first in all 3 of these games and lost.

What happened over the last 5 days is so unheard of for the Aussies......a bit like them losing 2 nil to the English on their home soil the other day....simply unheard of!

Yeah, i agree. It's something that should really have never happened, but strange things do happen and things like this never cease to amaze me.

Our bowling was below par i think but DAMN the black caps can but under pressure.

Man, if only Watson was fit for the Ashes and Clark was left out, maybe the summer could have been a whole lot worse for them.

Big thank you to the Black cap selectors also for resting Bond and Vettori to give the Aussie team a chance.

The depth in Australian cricket looks as shallow as ours if that is the best that they can throw at us with all of their top players resting.

I'm not writing them off yet though, they will likely make lots of changes to their squad for the better if they can due to all of the injuries. This result certainly makes the World Cup more interesting.

that they can. breaking the second highest record for a run chase 2 games in a row is simply amazing. if aus were throwing these games going to great lengths to do it. you wouldn't score over 330 too many times and still lose in and odi but to do it 2 times in the space of a few days to blows the mind. great series all round again. chappel-hadlee series are producing some great matches in it's short history.

that was one of the best series of cricket i have seen, the first game was a boil over, the second game aussie come back to post huge total and still lose with a great chase, then the post an even bigger total and lose again with a lucky chase but some great batting.

a piece of useless trivia, umpire aleem dar was the umpire at all 4 matches that the aussies lost the hightest run chases 2.

just thought people might like to know that ;)

i was at the game last night...
it was deadset awesome...
i was up in the embankment where mccullum hit that six in the last over.
the place was going BAZZURK!!!

THE BEST GAME OF ANYTHING I HAVE EVER SEEN LIVE!!
26 SIXES!!

Did you hear the 'Tait is a chucker' chant when he was bowling? I was up there :p Not far from you

Did Andrew "I'm not an Englishman, guv'nor, honest" Symmonds play? How well did he do if he did?

no he didnt play, he might not be fit for the world cup. he tore his bicep in the cb series looks and sounds painful

neither did
ponting
gilchrist
clark
clarke
white

was our b team to say the least :p :p :p :p :p

on a serious note - we would have always lost with that bowling attack

we need clarke, lee, mcgrath, symonds or white n bracken

Johnson and Watson should not be in the team...ESPECIALLY WATSON, THAT IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!! FREAKIN FOOL IDIOT, UNPRECEDENTED DUMBASS OF MAMMOTH PROPORTIONS AND A PLETHORA OF MEAT PIES

White did play, but he is shithouse. Just like Watson but not as bad. What actually is Watson? Is he a batting allrounder or bowling arounder? Cause he is just plain ****. The most average player to have played for Aussie.

These were two of the best games I have seen, pure excitement. But we shouldn't be getting our hopes up for the world cup. While a definate B team for Australia bowled like crap, that B team was still able to put 336 on our best bowling attack. Worrying signs.

All *****ing aside, well done NZ and bring home the World Cup!! :lol2tn:

neither did
ponting
gilchrist
clark
clarke
white

was our b team to say the least :p :p :p :p :p

on a serious note - we would have always lost with that bowling attack

we need clarke, lee, mcgrath, symonds or white n bracken

Johnson and Watson should not be in the team...ESPECIALLY WATSON, THAT IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!! FREAKIN FOOL IDIOT, UNPRECEDENTED DUMBASS OF MAMMOTH PROPORTIONS AND A PLETHORA OF MEAT PIES
[/b]

I can't agree with you there... (although i would say the same in your situation :p ) Gilchrist has been shithouse lately (gloves and bat), the only bowler you're missing is Lee - Clark is not injured, just not picked. White is a crap bowler... Michael Clarke hasn't been lighting the world on fire either... we we're missing Bond, Oram and Vettori and we still beat you so that evened out IMO.

Ponting is a better captain but really we had 5 players out at the start of the CWB series yet we didn't call our team a 'B' Team.

Mcgrath didn't get a wicket in the series, Bracken was very expensive as were Watson (who i don't rate at all) and Johnson/Tait. I'm pretty sure Aussie should have a bit more depth missing a few frontline players. All those guys we're playing the CB series finals/last 3 games and they didn't exactly change the result.

On another note... who cares how many you concede when you can chase 'em down! I wanted Australia to make 340+ in that game cause i knew they are always good finishes - 4 out of the last 6 C-H games have been 320+ chases for NZ with 3 successful. Chappel-Hadlee series was A LOT more exciting that the CWB series, not just cause we played good but just the general cricket played. The grounds may be smaller but hell, more exciting. MCG is way too f'n big.

Latest posts