• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Check out this 06 try

wouldnt it have been out of bounds if it bounces off the stick like that??

in the british and irish lions vs new zealand all blacks game it was called into touch..

Technically yes, but is a slight glitch in the game as have scored from a grubber in a similar way, and have also had a kick for touch rebound back into field of play also.

speaking of glitches, if a player makes a high tackle and is sent to the bin/off, watch the replay.

the tackler is missing, but the tackled player still gets tackled.

Sensational try. Was a classic against the run of plan try. Seen one or two on a par with that, although only one or two. :bravo:

Originally posted by InsaneAsylum@Aug 9 2006, 02:33 PM
do you know what level it was being played on at the time?
The only level we ever play on...elite. I scored that try against the best 06 player i know so it was very satisfying.

I would imagine that it would have to be a try that good, to be scored against an awesome '06 player.

Originally posted by 2wordz+Aug 9 2006, 08:59 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-InsaneAsylum
@Aug 9 2006, 02:33 PM
The only level we ever play on...elite. I scored that try against the best 06 player i know so it was very satisfying. [/b]
ahh ok... i assumed you were playing against AI, as I do (i have no friends :p)
i can usually pick the level by watching how the AI defends.... but you were playing a human oponent, so my theory goes out the window :(

Originally posted by InsaneAsylum+Aug 10 2006, 10:39 AM-->
Originally posted by 2wordz@Aug 9 2006, 08:59 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-InsaneAsylum
@Aug 9 2006, 02:33 PM

The only level we ever play on...elite. I scored that try against the best 06 player i know so it was very satisfying.
ahh ok... i assumed you were playing against AI, as I do (i have no friends :p)
i can usually pick the level by watching how the AI defends.... but you were playing a human oponent, so my theory goes out the window :( [/b]
Nah...judgung by the way he was dodging the opponent in the in goal area and how the opponent dived and missed.....definitely the hallmarks of multiplayer.

Pity it wasn't the AB's scoring.....

Admittedly i havent played this since i got my x360

but after watching those vids its gotto be cracked out again - even Teh Mites try on the same page was thrilling

I cant wait for 2007, and hopefully on next gen

U gotto admit - Rugby 2006 is just a beautiful game, and the animations work wonderfully well.

I rate Rugby 2006 as the best Rugby game of all time - JLR got dethrowned a decade later

And I rate it up there with PES as one of the great sports games.

U gotto be a rugby fan though to appreciate the little intricacies this game contains once mastered.

I love it, and this video has rekindled the PS2 love........time to play tri nations tonight, and get some satisfaction out of that tournament ;)

Originally posted by ak47@Aug 10 2006, 01:21 PM
Admittedly i havent played this since i got my x360

but after watching those vids its gotto be cracked out again - even Teh Mites try on the same page was thrilling

I cant wait for 2007, and hopefully on next gen

U gotto admit - Rugby 2006 is just a beautiful game, and the animations work wonderfully well.

I rate Rugby 2006 as the best Rugby game of all time - JLR got dethrowned a decade later

And I rate it up there with PES as one of the great sports games.

U gotto be a rugby fan though to appreciate the little intricacies this game contains once mastered.

I love it, and this video has rekindled the PS2 love........time to play tri nations tonight, and get some satisfaction out of that tournament ;)
i agree with you, i hadnt played it for a month or two, then i rekindled it (with tri nations actually :p using the wallabies on side view) i really enjoyed it

jonah lomu rugby was certainly dethroned, and i hate reading on EA forums how people want 07 to be more like lomu, which i think is absurd.. they are out to make a rugby sim, not a rugby arcade style game

yea i am excited for rugby 2007 :D

Latest posts