• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Chiefs v Force

C

ChiefsFan

Force up 14-3 at halftime.

Scored in the first 5 minutes through a chargedown (although the charger was offside).

Second try was a 'through the hands' before Mitchell broke two tackles.

Donalds missed two easy kicks.

In the final few minutes after offering plenty of warning ref failed to card Giteau when he almosyt certainly saved a try.

Expect to see a big backlash from the Chiefs in the second half, although it looks like Kahui may be off with injury.

Force win... 21-19

The Chiefs would've won if the ref hadn't missed the first offside leading to the try, and had sent Giteau off for massive ammounts of infringements to whihc the ref specifically said "Any more free kicks in this area (the 22) and someone will be in the bin". Right on the goal line!!!

I hate how Chiefs have now lost two game due to referees ineptness.

Three times the Chiefs butchered tries. Once right on goal line and it was knocked on, once where Sivi knocked on with space in front of him and no Force Players, and once when Bruce dived over and somehow lost the ball!

Stupid goddamn referees...

The Force deserved to win, both teams were poor and as i said Donald is to frail for an All Black shirt. His goal kicking and general play didnt help at all, same with Lauaki who didnt show up until near the end. Amazing finish to the game that 2 or 3 minutes spell when the Chiefs looked like they scored twice but hadnt was amazing.

What a game!

Im gutted that we lost, but the Force deserved it.

Worst game of the season so far from Donald... Did nothing special.

Force win... 21-19

The Chiefs would've won if the ref hadn't missed the first offside leading to the try, and had sent Giteau off for massive ammounts of infringements to whihc the ref specifically said "Any more free kicks in this area (the 22) and someone will be in the bin". Right on the goal line!!!

[/b]
C'mon now, in all seriousness, Giteau would've stopped the try whether he was offside or not and it looked pretty accidental....and given the amount of un-straight lineout throws the Chiefs got away with I really don't think they have anything to complain about. And I'm pretty sure there were several occasions where the Chiefs could've been penalised for diving straight over and playing the ball off their feet but weren't.

not to mention the amount of times the chiefs wouldnt roll away after a tackle or have hand s in the ruck. Cracked me p the amount of times the ball would pop out magically when everyone in the ruck was on the ground.
the ref was consistantly missing calls for both teams.
It was a lucky win for the force......i picked em in my tipping only cos i knew most peeps were picking the chiefs and I have a lot of ground to make.......to be honest i didnt think theyd pull it off.
The canes in wellington is gonna be tough......is collins still out for next week?

The 68 minute to 73 minute mark was just complete mayhem. Great to watch. Chiefs getting so close of so few occasions.

And then the last 5 minutes... I know I've said it before but, what a game!

I agree noikz, awesome game for a neutral! I'm glad the Force won, helped the Stormers and the Sharks there. This years S14 is gonna go down to the last game!

Pleased to see the Force take them out. Think the Chiefs are average. Just an aberration a couple of weeks back.

Gees that Lelia Masaga scores every flippin game put a black jersey on him already or put a yellow jersey on him after all he was born in Wellyz.

Gees that Lelia Masaga scores every flippin game put a black jersey on him already or put a yellow jersey on him after all he was born in Wellyz.
[/b]

Yea he's awesome, hes even more dangerous than Sivivatu with the ball in hand and has more pace. Although he isnt as good an all round player...yet. He should definetely play against England, i lost count the amount of tackles he broke today.

hodgson's charge down was questionable... i reckon he was offside

in saying that though, the chiefs couldn't string anything together in the 1st half, constant knock ons and turnovers

<div class='quotemain'>
Force win... 21-19

[/b]
C'mon now, in all seriousness, Giteau would've stopped the try whether he was offside or not and it looked pretty accidental....and given the amount of un-straight lineout throws the Chiefs got away with I really don't think they have anything to complain about. And I'm pretty sure there were several occasions where the Chiefs could've been penalised for diving straight over and playing the ball off their feet but weren't. [/b][/quote]

I know that the Chiefs should've been penalised more, I'm not doubting that. What annoys me is that he specifically said that any more infringements in the 22 and a player would be in the pin, about five minutes before Giteau was offside right on the line.

Ugh! They played so bad! I've always said that Jamie Nutbrown is quite a good player, and that we wouldn't be too gindered without Leonard, but Nutbrown made some horrible mistakes. The chargedown wasn't his fault, the guy was offside, but he kicked the ball out on the full, he failed to kick the ball out...

We got penalised at the end for lazy running :blink: They weren't even infinging or anything!

I think Nutbrown just took too many steps coming off the ruck and so the ball was charged down plain & simple. Both sides had some bad calls against them but Chiefs had alot of chances but just couldn't do it. Gees if the Chiefs played bad I'd hate to see it when they play good never know might be a Hurricanes vs Chiefs Semi.

Chiefs had enough chances to win it in the last 10 minutes, just couldn't hold on to the ball.

They haven't been playing all that well since the second half last week to be honest, I just hope they can pull it together for the next two games and stumble into the semis. Anything's possible from there

:gat: Whey Hey you Force boys!

Like usual the Force did it the hard way....lots of Chiefs supporters at the field, so much for all the Saffas we supposedly have in Perth. :blink:

Latest posts