• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Chiefs vs Blues - FULL game vid

is there any chance that ne one can upload some other footage,one with tries.

whats the chance of more footage with a try being scored?

... or has this already been asked?
<

One thing I noticed from the vids is that the ball is always passed to a person standing still. He then winds up for the run. Would be nice to see more people running onto the ball. would also be nice to see some tries but apart from that it looks like a great game
<

I can only assume that it was on 'normal/medium' difficulty, and that it was a friendly or 'play now' instead of a proper Super 12 match as there were no markings on the field for Super 12 (unless of course they don't have them anyway during the season?)

Looks very good all round, though kicking is appearing to be more of a shocker -- especially in that view, as the flight of the ball seems unreal, as well as having it land in the middle of the field and bounce twice (at a right angle) into touch. A severe echo of Rugby 2004.

Also, near the end of the first half, the Chiefs go offside (happens at about the 6:20 realtime mark) and the game gives the Blues advantage for just over 30 REAL seconds. The Blues recycle the ball 4 times (surely after 2 you can deem whether or not they've made good use of the advantage and either call it off or give the penalty). Since the clock runs to 40:00 mins, I looked at another part of the footage to see how long in game-time 30 real seconds were: it's near enough 4 and a half minutes of game time. Yikes.

This aside, it does look slick and quick and should be enjoyable. I am looking forward to it.

Cheers for the video but i cant convince myself that this game is anythign other than village shite.
Crap movements (animations)
Slow paced gameplay
Slow paced running from players
Slow ball from rucks
**** kicking
Really slow wind ups + arm movements for passes produce bullets
Rubbish commentary
Bad ball physics
Proper village mistakes like the player who took the mark kicking it from outside his 22. What!?!
Goalkicikng looks like Fifa 98 meets tiger woods 2000.
Awful on screen graphics

SOmebody tell me why theyre getting so excited about this!

Originally posted by woodie@Feb 11 2005, 07:56 AM
Cheers for the video but i cant convince myself that this game is anythign other than village shite.
Crap movements (animations)
Slow paced gameplay
Slow paced running from players
Slow ball from rucks
**** kicking
Really slow wind ups + arm movements for passes produce bullets
Rubbish commentary
Bad ball physics
Proper village mistakes like the player who took the mark kicking it from outside his 22. What!?!
Goalkicikng looks like Fifa 98 meets tiger woods 2000.
Awful on screen graphics

SOmebody tell me why theyre getting so excited about this!
coz i have played the full version ****** woodie
keep being a sceptic all u like
i played it
i like it
i am buying it
what u do with urself, is completely ur choice!
if u dont like this game u'll never like a rugby game...not even JLR, coz this is better

kapeesh!!!!
<

I doubt anything released will satisfy you woodie

... there will never be a perfect game, even PES4 isn't perfect as close as it does come!

go back to playing JLR or whatever other previous version of a rugby game you play if this looks so bad... but from all the opinions voiced on this forum so far, this version of rugby is getting pretty good endorsements... if you don't like the look of it fair enough, why look any further?

AK is it the best rugby game youve ever played?

And can we pls, big pretty pls, have some vids featuring some tries????? Not asking for much and all......

(please???)

Gotta say that is the worst, most annoying commentary ever. Worse than last years.

Mexted in the Haka video. (repeat in reading-from-script-monotone) "Did you feel that? That was amazing"

Why are the runners always flatfooted? Is the player really bad, the game on high difficulty or does it simply suck?

Don't mind the commentary. It's not good, it's not bad, it's just kind of there. With that great chanting I won't mind turning it off.

Umo and I were discussing that interception earlier, it's quite weird. I don't know the minute but have a look at it again closely. (edit: 4:46
<
)

P.S. If Locks does decide to show off some more footage I shotgun him versing / playing with the Reds.

Originally posted by Wally@Feb 11 2005, 06:32 PM
Don't mind the commentary. It's not good, it's not bad, it's just kind of there. With that great chanting I won't mind turning it off.

Umo and I were discussing that interception earlier, it's quite weird. I don't know the minute but have a look at it again closely. (edit: 4:46
<
)

P.S. If Locks does decide to show off some more footage I shotgun him versing / playing with the Reds.
f*** that! Make it a bledisloe cup game in sydney in the middle of the TN.

I would like to see what they do for the Bleds mate! I wonder if they'll have special cut-scenes for it, that would be special.

I wonder if they have good cutscenes of the All Blacks holding up the Bledisloe Cup!!!!No chance Aussie are gonna get it back now!!
<
<
But it would be interesting to see if they have actually computa generated cutscenes of the winning team of a comp or watever. Hopefully

we'll juss have to get it then we can see wat will happen!

or unless lox tries to put it up
<

some of you are so pessimistic its annoying to read your posts. Seriously who really givers a **** about commentary if we have the best rugby game ever made
<

I know I don't. Some of you are so happy to destroy anything good that you try and pick apart the smallest little deficiencies in something. No the commentary is not great but it is definately not hnorrible. Atleast they say things at the right time this time. This is a constantly improving series and is just going to get better and better every year
<
so lets give it a break eh

Latest posts