• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Chris Benoit Dead!

CNN just officially used the term "Roid Rage" in link to this story,[/b]

Roid_rage.gif

Some news again that might shock some is that he gave steroids and growth hormones to his son.
Supposedly doctors found needle marks around the body

New twist in Benoit murders

By SIMON ROTHSTEIN of THE LILSBOYS
June 27, 2007

COMMENT ON THIS STORY

WRESTLING killer Chris Benoit was so obsessed with steroids - he even injected his seven-year-old son with growth hormone.

Daniel - who was murdered by Benoit along with mum Nancy before the WWE star committed suicide - was found with needle marks in his arms.

Fayette County District Attorney Scott Ballard confirmed the findings, saying Daniel had been given growth hormones for some time because Chris and Nancy considered him to be undersized.

He added: "The boy was very small, even dwarfed."

Daniel was also said to have Fragile X Syndrome, a condition which can lead to behaviour problems, autism, hyperactivity and in some cases mental retardation.

Sources in the States say Chris, who was a lot smaller than your typical wrestling superstar, took steroids throughout his career as he was worried about losing work due to his size.

One reported: "This was decades and decades of steroid use with no cycling - even when undergoing neck surgery.

"And that's not healthy in any way."

Investigators say Chris illegally received deliveries from a Florida business called MedXLife.com that sold steroids, human growth hormone and testosterone on the Internet.

Six people at the pharmacy, including two of the owners, have already pleaded guilty to supplying sport stars with drugs and 20 more have been arrested.

Since the death of Benoit's pal and fellow MedXLife.com customer Eddie Guerrero from heart failure in November 2005 - brought on by years of alcohol, drug and steroid abuse - the WWE instituted a strict testing procedure.

However, crucially, the company's 'Wellness Policy' allowed for prescribed steroids, meaning use is still rife.

It states: "The WWE policy prohibits the use of performance-enhancing drugs, as well as other prescription drugs which can be abused, if taken for other than a legitimate medical purpose pursuant to a valid prescription from a licensed and treating physician."

Smaller wrestling groups in the US and UK don't test at all.

A source in the industry told us: "Wrestlers have an insane schedule, with no off season and little to time to fully heal injuries.

"On top of that they are under immense pressure from bosses and fans to have superhuman physiques.

"So they turn to steroids in order to look better and return to action more quickly after injuries.

"I would say almost every single wrestler in the business today has been on 'the gear' at one point in their career, and many still are even after all the shocking deaths we've seen.

"Some are able to move on after they achieve the body they want but others, like Benoit, become addicts.

"If they say a physique is too good to be true then it probably is."

He added: "Steroids are not hard to get hold of legally. You just have to find a quack who will prescribe them so they can hang out with the wrestlers and get some cool pictures for the wall.

"They are known as 'mark doctors' and have been around as long as wrestling itself."

It is unknown whether the killings were due to 'roid rage' and a full blood test is not due for around two weeks.

The WWE released a strongly wording statement saying: "Steroids were not, and could not, be related to the cause of death (asphyxiation).

"Authorities had no factual basis to speculate as to Benoit's state of mind, and rightly did not do so.

"A full Toxicology (blood test) report has not even been completed, so there is no current evidence that Benoit even had steroids or any other substance in his body."[/b]

Disabled son may be motive

By SIMON ROTHSTEIN of THE LILSBOYS
June 28, 2007

COMMENT ON THIS STORY

THE WWE's lawyer has given the first clue to a possible motive for wrestler Chris Benoit's murder of his wife and young son.

Jerry McDevitt told how seven-year-old Daniel was mentally retarded - and that Chris and Nancy argued over who should stay at home and take care of him.

McDevitt - who successfully defended WWE chairman Vince McMahon against charges of distributing steroids to his stars in the 1990s - also confirmed that young Daniel suffered from Fragile X Syndrome, which can cause autism, behavioural problems and retardation.

He said: "I think it's fair to say that the subject of caring for that child was part of what made their relationship complicated and difficult, and it's something they were both constantly struggling with.

"We do know it was a source of stress and consternation."

The lawyer said that Chris's friends and family told the WWE that he and Nancy were struggling with schools, as Daniel had recently finished nursery.

He added: "Nancy didn't want him to quit wrestling, but she wanted him to be at home more to care for the kid.

"She'd say she can't take care of him by herself when he was on the road."

Chris's personal physician and longtime friend Dr Phil Astin has also spoken out.

He said the wrestler did not give any indication he was troubled when they met just hours before the start of his killing spree in which he strangled Nancy, smothered Daniel and then committed suicide.

Benoit had been under the care of Astin for treatment of low testosterone levels, a condition that the medic says likely originated from previous steroid use.

Astin prescribed testosterone for Benoit in the past but would not say what, if any, medications he prescribed the day of their final meeting.

Vince also went on TV in America to again defend the charge that Benoit was suffering 'Roid rage' when slaughtering his family.

He told the Today show: "Obviously, this was not an act of rage. It was an act of deliberation.

"There were a number of prescription medications found in the house. Whether they contributed to this, who knows?

"Whether there was some other aspect for something to do with this behaviour, hopefully we'll find out in some way.

"What we're about in WWE is putting smiles on people's faces. We're entertainers. We entertain all over the world.

"That's the job description. It's not something to be tainted and smear with this.

"It's no different than a postal worker shooting up a post office.

"There was no indication whatsoever that this person turned into a monster and do what he did.

"Steroids may or may not have something to do with this. There were other pressures in terms of his son and wife.

"I don't know, We may never know. But hopefully, we can put this to bed as best we possibly can and determine what happened once we have the real evidence."

[/b]

Hmmm... Source: Foxnews.com

An anonymous user operating a computer traced to Stamford, Conn. â€" home to World Wrestling Entertainment â€" posted an entry to pro wrestler Chris Benoit's biography on Wikipedia.org announcing the death of his wife Nancy about 14 hours before police in suburban Atlanta said they found her body along with her husband's and that of their 7-year-old son, FOXNews.com has learned.

Employees at Wikipedia.com said the posting went live on their site on Monday at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time. Police, however, said they found the bodies Monday at 2:30 p.m. EDT.

Wikipedia.org's computers are set to record Standard and Universal Time, a spokesman told FOXNews.com.

The posting reads: “Chris Benoit was replaced by [[Johnny Nitro]] for the ECW Championship match at Vengeance, as Benoit was not there due to personal issues, stemming from the death of his wife Nancy.â€

The posting was apparently made in reference to Benoit's scheduled appearance on Sunday night at an Extreme Championship Wrestling event in Texas, with the last phrase noted in red to indicate an edit made to the original entry.

An employee from Wikipedia.org told FOXNews.com that he called and left a message with investigative authorities in Fayetteville, Ga., at around 11 a.m. EDT on Tuesday, after the posting was brought to the attention of the St. Petersburg, Fla.-based Web site.

I chat with other editors on IRC -- Internet relay chat -- and somebody pointed it out to me on a relay chat and that it came from a Stamford connection, and that it took place at midnight Eastern Standard Time on Monday morning,†said Wikipedia.org volunteer coordinator Cary Bass. “I called and left a message with the police department.â€

The computer-generated time and date stamp of the Benoit entry are listed as 4:01, 25 June 2007. Wikipedia.org lists its entries according to Universal Time, also known as Greenwich Mean Time.

A message left by FOXNews.com with Lt. Tommy Pope of the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department was not immediately returned.

Investigators so far have ruled the Benoit killings as a double homicide-suicide.

Wikipedia.org claims to be one of the largest reference Web sites, and is written collaboratively by users from around the world. Approved users can make submissions and change entries that are posted on the site almost immediately. Bass said the site is constantly monitored to correct inaccuracies.

Bass said when there is a high-profile case, such as the Benoit killlings, Wikipedia.org limits postings to registered users, which is now indicated at the top of the Benoit entry. According to the listed history on the Benoit entry, the computer used to post the 12:01 a.m. entry had a Stamford, Conn., Internet Protocol â€" or IP â€" address, a numeric designation that is assigned to every computer with an Internet connection, and that same address has been used to post about a dozen other messages on the site, dating back to May 16, 2007.

its all so crazy, i am sure no-one will know for sure what made him do it. its just crazy.

chiro you clown you don't pay tributes to murders and glorify them ever which the evidence seems to be pointing this was. get your head out of the kava or whatever you are on. very sad news and not good for the wwe at all. I personally can't stand watching the wwe because it's faked etc but this is a tragedy for fans and non-fans alike [/b]

i am not glorifying him as a murderer but as a wrestler as a fan of his work..it is very sad and unfortunate..hey some history enthusiasts say hitler was a mastermind but still call him a murderer...very sad news it is...Edit - The last bit of this was idiotic and totally unecessary. Cut it out.

Prestwick i do not want to look at a guy who murdered a 7 year old child every time i read one of your posts. Post all the pictures you like in here but please change the avatar :mellow:

I don't really want to see the most annoying rugby player (peter stringer (also in close contention with ronan o'gara)) scoring a try over and over again, for one of Europe's most boring rugby teams, but something tells me you're not gonna change your avatar.

Stop being so overly-sensitive.

Comparing apples and oranges. Our avatars are very similar, One of the highlights from our teams biggest achievements. Prestwick's avatar has a murdering c*** in it. Great comparison.

Comparing apples and oranges. Our avatars are very similar, One of the highlights from our teams biggest achievements. Prestwick's avatar has a murdering c*** in it. Great comparison. [/b]

Misc-Rolleyes.jpg

Comparing apples and oranges. Our avatars are very similar, One of the highlights from our teams biggest achievements. Prestwick's avatar has a murdering c*** in it. Great comparison. [/b]

Well, I see a c*** in your avatar as well.

How do you like them apples.

<div class='quotemain'> Comparing apples and oranges. Our avatars are very similar, One of the highlights from our teams biggest achievements. Prestwick's avatar has a murdering c*** in it. Great comparison. [/b]

[/b][/quote]

I also see one in your Ava.

And I'm not too keen on Henson either.

[/b]

Not impressed with that. I didn't call the guy in your avatar an orange ******* who was tackling a teenager who he is about 30kg heavier than did I?

You're right, you didn't. But please, feel free to lay into Henson. I'm not sure anyone's done that yet.

I maintain i'm right about Stringer, though.

Latest posts