• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Christmas 2009

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Laetca @ Dec 28 2009, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Got some awesome pressies, not the point of Christmas but still, enjoyable.[/b]

It's not the point of Christmas?
Then i'm pretty sure i've never gotten the point of christmas...ever.

Winter festival of course. We need something to cheer us up during these cold and dark months.

AHH!
And between now and spring, we have the 6Nations for us to look forward to!
I understand.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Jan 2 2010, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Winter festival of course. We need something to cheer us up during these cold and dark months.[/b]

Presents cheer me up :)

For some reason or other I got tea-related things from EVERYONE. Teacups, a teapot, a tea tin (not sure about this denomination), a box for hlding teabags, a different teacup, one more teacup, shortbread biscuits to go with the tea (though the biscuits were simply in the biscuit tin that was the actual gift) and finally tea. And no one got me a tea cosy! Probably because those don't exist here, but still.
Thank heavens for the rest of my gifts though, I would have gone mental if everyone had only bought me cooking and tea stuff. Which on second thought, is what happened, all non-tea gifts were cooking related.

No wait, I got manga!

Sorry, pondering out loud where no one will read it, I realise I should set up a blog for such things.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Jan 5 2010, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Sounds like a Tea-rrific Christmas to me!

Oh God. Oh God. Oh God[/b]

That pun was so bad that even I, (self proclaimed) master of atrocious punnery, cannot think of a "decent" follow up pun.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bristol-iain @ Jan 5 2010, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Jan 5 2010, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sounds like a Tea-rrific Christmas to me!

Oh God. Oh God. Oh God[/b]

That pun was so bad that even I, (self proclaimed) master of atrocious punnery, cannot think of a "decent" follow up pun.
[/b][/quote]
That, my friend, is punbelievable.

This reminds me of the time I got swine flu. I woke up covered in rashers.

No jokes, just puns.

You know the colour scheme of this forum alwaysmakes me feel quite blue.

I'll admit, this thread is rather punny........ OH! Sorry, I didn't realise we'd stopped.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Laetca @ Dec 29 2009, 07:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Learned to play Whist, am I boring or what? I thoroughly enjoyed it, I'll learn the sort of in-laws a Spanish card game next time.[/b]

Card games are the best part of the holiday - young and old around the table, chatting away, only arguments about who reneged.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Laetca @ Dec 29 2009, 07:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Next year, Christmas Eve comes with an extra guest, I'll hopefully be an aunt by then :) Weird that I'm already looking forward to that.[/b]
Good luck. Over the holiday I was made an uncle twice more (twins) - we had a small christmas because two of my brothers stayed home with their pregnant wives.

We had the Saudi Arabian at christmas dinner - good guy. A few glasses of wine, a few cigarettes, and was happy to stay talking with the women at the table while the boys went off and got ****** watching rugby. He even put his palms together for my niece's benediction.

I did the new year's day dinner - good stuff.

Sadly we heard yesterday that my eldest brother's wife - who hosted christmas dinner - has breast cancer. I'm godfather to her eldest daughter and wondering how to help with her children. Then we heard my other brother's wife was admitted to hospital with suspected embolism after delivering her twins, but she seems ok. Then my father took a turn for the worse with all the stress and was in hospital today. He's back with my mother now but still in pain.

Not a good start to the year. But my "other other" brother has a child due next week. In by the door, out by the window.

I hope everything pulls through for you, Shtove.
Wishing your family all the best, pal.